• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

One of the hardest things in the life of a believer is to endure and overcome evil temptations.

We were called to follow the steps of the Lord Jesus...

"For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us,
leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps
    “Who committed no sin,
        Nor was deceit found in His mouth”" - 1 Peter 2:21-22

The Lord knows of all our weaknesses and He wants to heal us, so that we can live much better.

"Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.
I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance." - Mark 2:17

It is much easier to give up and do evil then: Why should I be striving to endure temptation?

"Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the
crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. " - James 1:12

Another question is: Why would any believer desire to lose to evil?

"It is written again, You shall not tempt the Lord your God." - Matthew 4:7

The answer is: A believer would not want to lose.

"...for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find" - Romans 7:18

Good news: Now you can!

"I thank God - through Jesus Christ our Lord!
    So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God,
        but with the flesh the law of sin." - Romans 7:25

Is it God's will that I give up to evil temptation? Definitely no.

"Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”;
for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed." - James 1:13-14

Consequently, evil temptations are there to be overcome by the Children of God.

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." - Romans 12:21

"For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith." - 1 John 5:3-4

Many people simply do not know how to overcome temptations, then the answer is: Faith, knowledge and love.

"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful,
who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able,
but with the temptation will also make the way of escape,
that you may be able to bear it." - 1 Corinthians 10:13

Faith in the Word of God, defeat the evil with faith in the truth, working through love.

And I say love, because without love it is impossible.

Then pray that the love for the Lord is shed on you heart more abundantly, and for more wisdom and knowledge of the truth.

"Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been
poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." - Romans 5:5

"bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:7-8

Love, which in this case means the Spirit of God in you... Causes His Word, which is truth, and the Spirit to work together, and consequently, come to life.

If one has the Word but not the Love for it, then they will not succeed but will always be overcome by evil.

"Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world,
the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh,
the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. " - 1 John 2:15-17

Do not worry, you may lose a few fights against evil temptations, but if you pray and focus on not failing the next time...

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." - 1 John 1:9

You will soon overcome it, and then it will no longer be a challenge for you.

"Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin.
...Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed." - John 8:34+36

"...If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.
And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." - John 8:31-32

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen." - 2 Corinthians 13:14

God bless you all in Jesus' name! Amen.

• Praise God! 2

2 hours ago, Butero said:

A-men.  It is Jesus that set us free, and gives us the power to be overcomers!  

Yes. It is His Spirit in us that does all the work, as we who are flesh cannot do nothing good. As it is written:

"For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells..." - Romans 7:18

And indeed, the Lord gave us authority. As it is written:

"Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions,
and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you." - Luke 10:19

Just as the will to do evil comes from myself, the will to do good comes from Him who saved us.

"...for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." - Philippians 2:13

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me..." - Galatians 2:20

And yes, I am sure it is the Lord who works in me. As it is written:

"...Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God." - Mark 10:18

"A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit." - Matthew 7:18

Glory to God! Amen.

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Many people simply do not know how to overcome temptations, then the answer is: Faith, knowledge and love

The thing is ,    Their is a deeper problem that most do not realize,  cause most wont talk of it .

Many people if they follow the lamb,   They truly know by the power of HIS SPIRIT that when tempatation rises from our own flesh .   IT CAN BE DEFEATED.

SEE,  if we have the SPIRIT then we have as we need .   WE must SUBMIT TO GOD , SUBMIT to THE SPIRIT , ITS UNCTIONS , its alarms when that temptation

rises from the flesh .     Foks do not want to hear this ,   but I warn many,  that SPIRIT can be quenched.  SIN truly can harden a heart .

And we are the servants to whom we obey .    Fact .    If we were serious and preached this serious ,   like the early church did  the exhortations

by the spirit , true pure doctrine ,    That pattern works .    But preach GOD understands ,    and it wont work .

SUBMIT TO GOD is what most will not do ,  they do not heed the SPIRIT ,  if they ever had it to begin with .     Folks its getting late .   

Submit to GOD ,   RESIST the devil ,  and ...........drum roll...........................he will flee.

We have all we need in CHRIST ,   but if a man wont HEED the SPIRIT ,   well he aint gonna make it .    Grace teaches us something and folks we better heed it .

Again ,  Graces teaches us something .  to deny ungodliness, wordly lusts ,  to be living soberly , righteously godly .

Now we better heed that spirit sent by grace that teaches us .   Be looking diligently ,   as in Diligently , lest any man fail of the grace of GOD .

think paul was just rattlng words for no reason .    Got bad news ,   men do fail of the grace of GOD .   OH it happens .    We better heed the spirit is all I can say .

FOR it is HE in us working that which is well pleasing in HIS SIGHT .   

• Praise God! 1

16 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Got bad news ,   men do fail of the grace of GOD .

Yes, there are things that will work against this, people are deceived not to fight against evil with the excuse of:

"It is the Lord that does the work, not me." or "It is done alrady!".

"But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say?" - Luke 6:46

"You are My friends if you do whatever I command you." - John 15:14

The truth is, the Lord gave us words and His words are life. Then we must believe and obey Him, and consequently achieve a holy life:

"because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”" - 1 Peter 1:16

And we start growing and progressing each day... Today is holier, if tomorrow comes, it will be holier... Thanks be to God!

"For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith;
    as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”" - Romans 1:17

We should not hear friends or co-workers in such matter, we must hear and obey The Lord Jesus Christ!

"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing.
    The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life." - John 6:63

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2
  • This is Worthy 1

Now I have GOOD NEWS .   WE have a HIGH PRIEST who was tempted in all points yet without sin ,  HE IS ABLE TO SUCCOR , give AIDE to us through ANY temptation .

KEY.   SUBMIT to GOD , SUBMIT to GOD ,  submit to HIS SPIRIT ,   RESIST the devil and he will flee.   

With every temptation ,      GOD GIVES US A WAY OUT , HIS NAME IS JESUS , and JESUS SENT THE COMFORTER .   WE have all WE NEED IN HIM .

• Thumbs Up 1

Now letters ,  DID I just point to me when I said we can defeat sin ,  OR DID I POINT TO THE ONE WHO I CONTIUNOUSLY POINT TOO.  JESUS the KING .

exactly .     This IS POITNING TO JESUS who is able to SUCCOR US through EVERY temptation .     not some , not most , ALL Of them.

THE KEY SUBMIT TO GOD , OBEY THE SPIRIT , 

And Correct any in error and do so fast .     WE must be here for one another and we must exhort one another daily ,   lest any man becomes hardend by the deceitfulness of sin.

IF paul said that ,    THAT MEANS IT CAN HAPPEN.   Folks its not only time , but high time to LIVE FOR and BY CHRIST .  ANd HE shall supply ALL we need .   NOW

on that note we know what time it is also ,   TIME TO PRAISE THE LORD .      OH yes ,  throw them hands up and PRAISE the LORD .

• Praise God! 1