• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

50 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Perhaps Paul was just as blinded as I ( pun for free) for he eventually sent many including Timothy into division, he made division,  reconciled with at least two that were in great  division against him at one point. To my lmited knowledge that was real division among the saints. See a nice essay on the subject of Paul and Barnabus at https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/813-separation-of-paul-and-barnabas-the

But in the meantime please pardon me if I fail to understand, for I am still having great chuckling fits at an initial railing against me in the name of unity. Seems to me railing posts against me personally are the proof in the pudding so to speak. But that is okay, I find it profound evidence that perhaps I was more right than I ever had reason to believe until now. I have been thus given  new perspective on a signature that says; "much love in Christ, not me". LOL, chuckles still coming, and so much appreciation is given from here. Thanks for the encouragement to read some exposition and the Bible accounts of Paul and his administive problems with others in the fold of our Lord Jesus.

Iron sharpens iron, discourse and even discord are well known to God and used of God , even that which is intended for evil is turned to good use for those that believe on Jesus as Lord, God, and personal savior.  Maranatha, and amen.

To your first point,  that there were divisions in the first church is true. But that does not mean they were of God. Paul did his best to heal all divisions, even to the point of writing against them. (scriptures posted above) 

As far as showing you where it says in scripture, that we are all called to the unity of the faith and not division, that is true. If you want to not believe that truth, that is fine. But it doesn’t change the scriptures or the truth.  You were showed by scripture that believers are called to unity, than you put forth as your proof that was not true, scriptures that proved Christ came to cause division between the world and Himself which is quite true.

Than you started making excuses and laying blame, so you could deflect from the point at hand. But I am glad you have a desire to press into Christ more. Since it is true, an increase in Christ in your innermost being is the only thing of any value?

But it is quite true God works all things together for those that love the Lord Jesus from a pure heart. Let us be of that group that love the Lord Jesus from a pure heart. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

21 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Lady, I know you go through this now and then, and quite frankly Ive been thinking of leaving lately too  but .....

Please dont think that just because you think differently than the rest of the members that you or we are the enemy. Cant you just think ok we have Jesus in common so I can post and be friends with them even though we differ? Put the ones who upset you on ignore and post what you wish on the threads you wish. So what if you are different. So what if they are different. The common ground is brothers and sisters in Christ. 

Sister and lady kay and all.    I have been called son of perdtion and of anti Christ spirit .   ROLLS right off my back .   I GOT THE JOY OF THE LORD .

folks armour up .   IF we get so easily offended , THEN WHAT are we truly standing on ,   the world hated Christ , treated him horrible .  Folks don't agree.

BUT THE LOVE OF TRUTH  both comples me and gives me joy .   SO my question today is ,   WHERE is the inner joy .   surely we were not brought up under concepts

that all who live godly will be treated special.   Surely we were not raised in churches that taught if people disagree with you , YOU must be doing something wrong .

Surely we were not raised in the FIVE STEPS to a better life joke doctrines.    IF we cannot take criticism on a site,  A SITE where we don't even hear the words

HOW ON earth are we going to deal with FACE to face persecution .   I was raised in that .   People did not like me ,  NOT because I was mean

BUT because I followed Christ .   We better armour up .   AND if we have the JOY of the LORD ,  you know the fact we were even saved,   MAN we got joy through it all.

• Thumbs Up 2

Most folks aint used to persecutions , most folks are used to being liked .     That all changed WHEN I was drawn to Christ .   WE better learn to endure patiently whatever and whoever

comes our way .  CAUSE IF WE LIVING HOLY by the POWER of JESUS ,  we will not be liked by most .    And we aint even seen hard core persecution YET .

words and mocking are far lighter than actual actions .    We better armour up now .   But to do that ,  WE NEED TO PUT ON CHRIST .  SO ,  open bibles and read it for yourselves .

Stop heeding the big smiley ones who can say GOD IS LOVE ,  can even hug a tree,  But by their doctrines and actions , IT CLEARLY SHOWS they know NEITHER GOD NOR LOVE .

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Sorry. I get in such moods sometimes. Perhaps I should chill for a bit. 

Hey Lady,

For various reasons, I've been off and on this site a number of times over the years and I have nowhere near the posts that you have.

I leave primarily because I don't want it to become something ...."I just have to do or I feel I'm missing something".:20:.

Some may not like me for saying this:fryingpan: but to get as many posts as you have, you have either had to be on this site for a long time or all the time.

That may or may not be an unhealthy thing   .:confused:

For what it's worth I think your thinking it is the "in-law" thing:yadda:...same ol yadda yadda yadda is a good bet.

I am able to enjoy this site because, I can walk away :047:  and take a break :dance: and don't have to worry about it becoming a big deal.

I am of the opinion that if I don't have someone here challenging me :whoop-dee-doo:    then I am not going to expand my knowledge and in turn my learning to explain why I believe what I do.

Having said that, when things get unruly:th_frusty: ... click......:runforhills:.....I just take a break    :taped:

If the thought of stepping away from this makes you anxious:101: maybe you need to ask yourself what priority this site takes in your life.:noidea:

6 minutes ago, Davida said:

Well actually there are good reasons for some divisions. The Ecumenical  Movement's goals are for Unity at all cost. So here's the thing,  not everyone who claims to be Christian are saved, and some who claim to be believers actually follow false teachings or practice heretical forms while claiming to be Christian so Christians need to be careful who they come into agreement with. 

As you bring forth, in the world there are many reasons, both good and bad to be divisive. But in the body of Christ things are not as they are in the world. For the Body of Christ is called to the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. The world, leave them to their own devices. The Body of Christ is called out from the world and it’s ways. 

Guest Butero

There will be a move to unify all religions.  The move already exists.  You see those COEXIST bumper stickers everywhere.  You see billboards that say "A world at prayer is a world at peace," with people praying to all kinds of false gods beside a Christian.  The calls for unifying all the world's religions will only increase.  

In the case of Christians disagreeing, when it comes to things like keeping the Sabbath or eating kosher, Romans tells us that those who hold to such things are weaker brethren, but we are to receive them, but not to doubtful disputations.  On the other side of the coin, they are not to judge the brethren that don't keep the Saturday Sabbath or eat kosher.  

I really only see a handful of doctrines that are so important, it is impossible to unify with those who disagree.  The first and probably most important is the deity of Christ.  If you don't believe Jesus is God, how can you be saved?  You are denying he is who he said he is.  I also have noticed that those who reject the inerrancy of scripture, because they don't recognize the authority of the Bible, will tend to be into serious false doctrines.  To deny the death and resurrection of Christ is to deny the way of salvation.  To claim there are other ways to be saved besides Christ, like saying Allah is another name for the same God and nonsense like that, is something we cannot unite with.  Having learned some things recently about the RCC that I didn't know before, there is absolutely no way to unite with them, not that I would have anyway, because they had too many errors I was aware of. 

I can deal with disagreements over a belief we must keep certain laws or we are sinning, even if I don't agree with them.  I can deal with disagreements over Bible prophecy and be alright.  I can even deal with disagreements over the thing that divides us most here at WCF, and there is no need to say what it is.  I have family members with that belief, and we never fight over it or accuse the other of being unsaved.  We are split between Pentecostal, Wesleyan, Independent and Independent Baptist, and somehow get along.  If you ask anyone there, they will acknowledge the whole family as saved.  I guess we all have our own lines in the sand of things we cannot accept.  

3 hours ago, Davida said:

Read my post over, that was not "the world" i was speaking of but those who claim to be believers but ....."  The Lord Jesus said there will be a great falling away - I will not be apart of that unified group . 

If I understand your post correctly you were talking about people who lay claim to Christ, but are not, in reality and truth,  part of the Body of Christ. In scripture these people who have attached themselfs to the Body of Christ, yet aren’t, are called “false brethren”. 

Seeing how there are only two groups, those “in Christ” and those that aren’t “in Christ”. Would not those that are “false brethren”and not  “in Christ” be considered still part of the world, seeing how they weren't “in Christ”?  

But I'm glad you believe you won’t be in the “falling away”. Keep the faith. Keep feeding your personal relationship with Christ and you definitely won’t be. 

It is also true there should be no an agreement between God and baal. But that was not what was being discussed. It was being discussed division(s) within the Body of Christ, not outside the Body of Christ.    

On a very dire and important note .    This unity starts small.     IF you preachers are starting to say things like we need to put down our divisions and focus on what unites us

YOU BETTER be on guard.    They will use partial truths but this is but the beginning .    We are to have unity of the Faith .    And I seem to remember

paul even saying that if some did not heed this epistle ,   don't even eat with such .   THE FOCUS must be doctrine in that bible .    This spirit knows what it is doing .

It will say and the leaders under its spell, will say clever things .  will use bad examples,   but the goal , the agenda is to get us to start being concerned with unity

and what we have in common.   BIG NO NO ,   BIG NO NO.    What we must have in COMMON is JESUS , that pattern , that pattern set by the apostels .

This love many preach today  is all sensual .    Folks forget ,   WHILE we are to LOVE ONE ANOTHER ,     WE SUPPOSED TO LOVE JESUS above ALL.

THUS if we omitting things HE said and apostels said for the sake of unity ,  WELL we DONT KNOW CHRIST and thus we don't know HOW to truly love .

LOVE corrects folks .   LOVE corrects .    He who loves mother , father , brethren , wife etc MORE than me  ,   NOT A GOOD PLACE folks

NOT a good place .  WE need to armour up and fast .    Cause what sounds good the mind of men ,,  oh how contrary it is TO GOD .    I aint here to bash on anyone .

But we better armour up in Christ .  This means get refreshed .   It don't matter if we read the bible for fifteen hours a day at first ,   WE need to seriously

pick it back up again and get refreshed daily in it .    Read them letters ,  get that pattern EVER SO ENGRAINED,  and hurry the delusion is increasing .  

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Not me said:

You are blaming God for the divisions that sin has caused in the creation as your first point. 

Than because there has always been divisions and still are  in this fallen world, that they are good and that they are of God 

Scripture says we are exhorted to unity and not to divisions. But you insist divisions are what you enjoy and what works for you. It is this that the scripture;

Jude 1:19 (NASB)
These are the ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit.

calls being “devoid of the Spirit and are worldly minded ” and that which does push people away from Christ.  For the Spirit of Christ in  the believers can sense a divisive spirit and will run from it as something not from God. 

1 Corinthians 1:10 (NASB)
Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment.

And again; 

1 Corinthians 11:18 (NASB)
For, in the first place, when you come together as a church, I hear that divisions exist among you; and in part I believe it.

So it would be, we are not called to divisions.

But  you are welcome to maintain your divisions and your divisive attitude (self or human or worldly)  if you so choose, and push people away from Christ.

Than you conflate differences with divisions. Still looking and trying to justify your thinking and cause more divisions. 

But than once again; 

“you will know them by their fruits.”

Poster removed from thread for this comment.