• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

As a commentary on the lyrics, I agree with her, that we should not be intimidated into silence. However, I would take exception to her saying "I don't care what anybody thinks about me". We should care what others think about us. We should be of good reputation, even among those who do not have the Lord, we only need to care more about what God thinks about us, than what the world thinks about us.

If the world thinks we are foolish, superstitious, ignorant, greedy, mean, selfish or whatever, that reflects badly on Jesus and His church. That matters. If they thing wrongly about us, that on the other hand is on them, but we should be making a favorable impression, where possible, not compromising our Christian principles though.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On May 26, 2018 at 12:29 AM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

As a commentary on the lyrics, I agree with her, that we should not be intimidated into silence. However, I would take exception to her saying "I don't care what anybody thinks about me". We should care what others think about us. We should be of good reputation, even among those who do not have the Lord, we only need to care more about what God thinks about us, than what the world thinks about us.

If the world thinks we are foolish, superstitious, ignorant, greedy, mean, selfish or whatever, that reflects badly on Jesus and His church. That matters. If they thing wrongly about us, that on the other hand is on them, but we should be making a favorable impression, where possible, not compromising our Christian principles though.

Indeed, though on the other hand when I notice I'm in the company of a forgiving accepting heart even with my flaws I'm in good company and I don't have to be so concern with what someone thinks of me. I can completely understand what the author of the song was feeling, truth be told the drummer could have wrote the song and the singer is just the messenger. I don't care what others think of me either, I have a good heart and that is what should matter not what's on the outside my superficial flaws.

p.s. I'm being caged on lock down on every post I make, so I probably won't be posting to much on this site. rare cause you took a interest in this thread, so I've responded I'm not comfortable wearing shackles they have been on for too long.

peace out.