Jump to content
Yowm

2 Peter 3:10

Recommended Posts

Any care to place this on a prophetic timeline?...

2 Peter 3:10 NKJV
[10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Any care to place this on a prophetic timeline?...

2 Peter 3:10 NKJV
[10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

 

Hi Yowm,

Yes I`ll have a go.

 

.....I......................................................................................................................................................I

    Tribulation                                            Millennium                                                                   New Heavens & New earth.

 

The Day of the Lord is a time period as well as the day when the Lord returns to earth to deliver Israel and bring judgment upon their enemies. 

 

Marilyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Yowm,

Yes I`ll have a go.

 

.....I......................................................................................................................................................I

    Tribulation                                            Millennium                                                                   New Heavens & New earth.

 

The Day of the Lord is a time period as well as the day when the Lord returns to earth to deliver Israel and bring judgment upon their enemies. 

 

Marilyn.

Marilyn,

So in a sense, outside the rapture, you are saying The Day of the Lord is the timeline?

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"[10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night

This is the way it will start

 

This is the way it will end

in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burnt up

 

He will come as a thief to rapture the church

Then the tribulati0n period will begin and last for 7 years

Then will come His millennium for 1000 years

And then will come the end with a burning of the earth and the works

Peter is just summarizing from His c0ming as a thief .... to the end 0f His kingdom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Any care to place this on a prophetic timeline?...

2 Peter 3:10 NKJV
[10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

All of 2 Peter 3:1-12 is about the next prophesied event we can expect; the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster by fire from the sun. 

The earth will be enveloped in flames, as Zephaniah 3:8, Isaiah 66:15, and 70 other prophesies tell us. But it isn't the end of all things, but the cleansing of the present world, in preparation for the later Return of Jesus. The new heavens and the new earth that Peter mentions in verse 13. will come about after the Millennium. Revelation 22:1-7

Most people will survive this terrible event and they will attribute it to a natural disaster. But we Christians will know that the Lord has done it, to change the world and set the stage for a One World Govt. But we Christians have another destiny, being His faithful people in His holy Land, His witnesses, and His Light to the nations. Isaiah 43:10, John 15:27, Isaiah 49:8, Matthew 5:14-16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Keras said:

All of 2 Peter 3:1-12 is about the next prophesied event we can expect; the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster by fire from the sun. 

The earth will be enveloped in flames, as Zephaniah 3:8, Isaiah 66:15, and 70 other prophesies tell us. But it isn't the end of all things, but the cleansing of the present world, in preparation for the later Return of Jesus. The new heavens and the new earth that Peter mentions in verse 13. will come about after the Millennium. Revelation 22:1-7

Most people will survive this terrible event and they will attribute it to a natural disaster. But we Christians will know that the Lord has done it, to change the world and set the stage for a One World Govt. But we Christians have another destiny, being His faithful people in His holy Land, His witnesses, and His Light to the nations. Isaiah 43:10, John 15:27, Isaiah 49:8, Matthew 5:14-16

If Jesus returns after the present world is cleansed how is it that He comes as a thief in the night?

  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

"[10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night

This is the way it will start

 

This is the way it will end

in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burnt up

 

He will come as a thief to rapture the church

Then the tribulati0n period will begin and last for 7 years

Then will come His millennium for 1000 years

And then will come the end with a burning of the earth and the works

Peter is just summarizing from His c0ming as a thief .... to the end 0f His kingdom

Hi Daniel,

I agree with most of what you said, except that the Lord will not come for His Body as a thief.

`But  you brethren, are not in darkness that this day should overtake you as a thief.` (1 Thess. 5: 4)

Good scripture to remember. Marilyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yowm said:

If Jesus returns after the present world is cleansed how is it that He comes as a thief in the night?

The Return of Jesus for His Millennial reign, will not be an unexpected event. He will come, seen by all. exactly 1260 days after the Temple is desecrated by the Anti-Christ. Revelation 11:3 It is the Sixth Seal , Day of the Lord's wrath, that will be unexpected by all. He is not seen on that day. Psalms 18:11 Habakkuk 3:4

Marilyn, you have it right, but for the wrong event!  We Christians should know about this forthcoming Judgement/punishment of the wicked, as Paul says. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Keras said:

Most people will survive this terrible event and they will attribute it to a natural disaster. But we Christians will know that the Lord has done it, to change the world and set the stage for a One World Govt.

Are you really referring to 'this terrible event that most people will survive'?

(2Pe 3:7)  But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

(2Pe 3:10)  But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Yowm said:

Any care to place this on a prophetic timeline?...

2 Peter 3:10 NKJV
[10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

 

I believe this to mean that the "Day of the Lord" isn't one literal day; in fact, just two verses previous to this one, Scripture states:

"Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.” For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water. But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.  But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells." (2 Peter 3:3-13, NASB, emphasis mine)

If we take that as it says, then the Millennium would probably be as one day to the Lord( even if we include the Tribulation, which would only be minutes in that "day"). Revelation 20 speaks that the Heavens and the Earth would "flee" from the face of the one who sits on the Great White Throne and "no place would be found for them":

" Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. " (Revelation 20:11, NASB, emphasis mine)

So, since Scripture doesn't talk about the Earth and Heavens melting more than once in history (unless you include the time Taco Bell introduced their Habenero Chalupas!), I think we can reasonably put this together and put it at the start of the Great White Throne Judgment.

Just my take on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×