Eslyn

Whomsoever Shall Call Upon The Name Of The Lord Shall Be Saved

Whomsoever that call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. That means anyone whether lost or found, saved and unsaved, what is your views on this?

• Thumbs Up 1

In context....Romans 10, it's talking about Gentiles and Jews, not saved and lost.

Verses 1-3

• Paul is summarizing that Israel as a whole has rejected Jesus Christ and purport their own righteous from the Law.

Verses 4-8

• Christ is the "end of the law" for righteousness' sake.
  • If you are going to live by any of the law for righteousness' sake, you are going to be bound to it all and must live by it to save yourself.....and you can't do that.
  • It's either Christ saves or the law saves.  And the law doesn't save.

Verses 9-13

• Salvation is through faith alone.
  • You must confess with your mouth the the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved.
  • There is no distinction between Jews or Gentiles because God of the same in richness over all who call on him.
  • Then Paul in part quotes the prophet Joel and says, "Whoever [Jew or Greek] calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved."

• Thumbs Up 2

My favorite verse.....the first verse I had my daughter memorize at a very young age.....I told her to hang on to that verse no matter what anybody else said. So simple a child can understand it yet modern - day Judaizers think it symbolizes “easy believism”. No such thing exists. The One who paid the price to make this promise a reality would disagree.Easy for us — it is His desire that nobody perish. unfathomably difficult for our Savior unless one thinks crucifixion is an easy way to die.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

My favorite verse.....the first verse I had my daughter memorize at a very young age.....I told her to hang on to that verse no matter what anybody else said. So simple a child can understand it yet modern - day Judaizers think it symbolizes “easy believism”. No such thing exists. The One who paid the price to make this promise a reality would disagree.Easy for us — it is His desire that nobody perish. unfathomably difficult for our Savior unless one thinks crucifixion is an easy way to die.

Its one of my favorite verses I use to remind myself that I am saved and I am teaching it to my nephew to memorize because I want him to know who he is suppose to call upon whilst he is young. So it can be a part of his life. Oh yes it is his desire that no one perish, I love to remind myself of that, it is a way of letting go my past and my sins.

• Thumbs Up 3

Welcome.

• Thumbs Up 2

Welcome to Worthy, Eslyn.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JohnKing67
      And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
      Do you believe that this verse teaches that redemption means no more sin?  How do you interpret this verse?
    • By Fidei Defensor
      The Church’s Purpose: 
      “God’s purpose in all this was to use the church to display his wisdom in its rich variety to all the unseen rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. This was his eternal plan, which he carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord; In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.“ (Ephesians 3:10-12)
      Here the purpose of the Church is revealed as displaying Wisdom who is Jesus Christ the Lord God (1 Corinthians 1:18-2:18, Colossians 2:2-3, 1 Corinthians 1:30), and His Gospel (John 6:40, John 3:16-18, John 14:6). That we are ambassadors, “So we are Christ's ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, "Come back to God!" (2 Corinthians 5:20). 
      The purpose of the church is to display and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and show Him to the world. At the same time our purpose is to be God’s family and know Jesus (Philippians 3:8-10). 
    • By Sharky and George
      Hi peoples, I am concerned about someone who really really needs to quit smoking.
      Please can you pray that they would be able to quit for good by a miracle of our loving God.
      This could be an instant miracle or a miracle that works over time but has the same result. The latter maybe so that this person can learn how it is done and thus help others to quit too.
      Please pray he has a happy and healthy long life.
    • By Froggy
      What was your walk with God like? Did you have any experience's? Did anything change? Miracles? Testing? Holy spirit?
    • By Jonathan BeWell
      Sense God’s Peace

To peace as my mind’s chatter becomes numb.
      … From dumb ones’ mindless matters.
      It is all up to He to set my brain free-
      Becoming less flesh; naughty body!
      God’s Spirit breaks free past chains misery,
      Drowning in sorrow, sin pained.
      Let me again pray for you, friend,
      Replacing my rant on the mend.
      In the Lord I place you to soothe stress gone through.
      Now on this new page I will write
      Christ answers for you.
      He’s how I got through
      Healed, restored full; reborn new.
      I thought that you knew [all
      In the mind true]
      Whom
      Calms stormy seas. He
      Makes us all be
      Still, sensed God’s Word peacefully.

~ Sense God’s Peace ~ 2018 ~ Gregory KJ Brumwell

11 Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice!  Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace.  And the God of love and peace will be with you. 

~ 2 Corinthians 13:11 (NIV)

19 lines #MindOfGod #JesusChrist #Sin #Peace