Eslyn

Whomsoever Shall Call Upon The Name Of The Lord Shall Be Saved

Whomsoever that call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. That means anyone whether lost or found, saved and unsaved, what is your views on this?

• Thumbs Up 1

In context....Romans 10, it's talking about Gentiles and Jews, not saved and lost.

Verses 1-3

• Paul is summarizing that Israel as a whole has rejected Jesus Christ and purport their own righteous from the Law.

Verses 4-8

• Christ is the "end of the law" for righteousness' sake.
  • If you are going to live by any of the law for righteousness' sake, you are going to be bound to it all and must live by it to save yourself.....and you can't do that.
  • It's either Christ saves or the law saves.  And the law doesn't save.

Verses 9-13

• Salvation is through faith alone.
  • You must confess with your mouth the the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved.
  • There is no distinction between Jews or Gentiles because God of the same in richness over all who call on him.
  • Then Paul in part quotes the prophet Joel and says, "Whoever [Jew or Greek] calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved."

• Thumbs Up 2

My favorite verse.....the first verse I had my daughter memorize at a very young age.....I told her to hang on to that verse no matter what anybody else said. So simple a child can understand it yet modern - day Judaizers think it symbolizes “easy believism”. No such thing exists. The One who paid the price to make this promise a reality would disagree.Easy for us — it is His desire that nobody perish. unfathomably difficult for our Savior unless one thinks crucifixion is an easy way to die.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

My favorite verse.....the first verse I had my daughter memorize at a very young age.....I told her to hang on to that verse no matter what anybody else said. So simple a child can understand it yet modern - day Judaizers think it symbolizes “easy believism”. No such thing exists. The One who paid the price to make this promise a reality would disagree.Easy for us — it is His desire that nobody perish. unfathomably difficult for our Savior unless one thinks crucifixion is an easy way to die.

Its one of my favorite verses I use to remind myself that I am saved and I am teaching it to my nephew to memorize because I want him to know who he is suppose to call upon whilst he is young. So it can be a part of his life. Oh yes it is his desire that no one perish, I love to remind myself of that, it is a way of letting go my past and my sins.

• Thumbs Up 3

Welcome.

• Thumbs Up 2

Welcome to Worthy, Eslyn.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Albin
      Hi.
      I've been seeking the Lord for my Salvation and I come across the responsibility of man as mentioned in the Bible.

So, I  wanted to ask about the Responsibility of man and the Grace of God, Sovereignty of God.
      The Bible in different places commands us to do something, or rather, to change.
      For example,
      In 1 Peter 5:6, 
      "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time."
      James 4:10
      "Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up"
      Matthew 23:12
      "And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
      Ezekiel 18:31
      "Cast away from you all the transgressions that you have committed, and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit! Why will you die, O house of Israel?"
      2 Chronicles 7:14
      "if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
      And GOD, throughout the old testament, keeps telling Israel and even other nations also at times like- Nineveh (Jonah), through Prophets, etc  to Repent and turn to HIM.
      And in the New Testament, we are told to Repent and Believe.
      These verses seem to put it up, like humbling oneself or having a new heart and a new spirit, to Repent, as human responsibility to do what's been asked of us to do.
      And so it implies also that we naturally have the ability to do what's been asked of us to do and  that it's possible for us to do it without God's help, just by our will? Because if we can't', then why would He ask that of us?
      But the Bible also puts things the other way, which seems opposite, that we can do these things only by God's Intervention/ Grace, power:
      Acts 16:14
      ".....The Lord opened her heart to pay attention to what was said by Paul"
      Luke 24:45
      "Then He[Jesus] opened their minds to understand the Scriptures"
      Acts 18:26-40, The case of the Ethiopian Eunuch
      Ezekiel 11:19 (cf. Ezekiel 36:26, Hebrews 8:10, Jeremiah 32:33)
      "And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh"
      In Daniel 4, God humbles Nebuchadnezzar, after which he praises God, for doing so and humbling him.
      So, what should we do when we come across such commands in the Bible?
      Should we wait for God to do something that we can't or we don't have the ability (will) to unless God intervenes in some way, or,
      should we do what we are commanded to (to Repent, be Humble, change our hearts and minds) assuming that have the ability(the will)?
      It is said that we have the ability and faculties for dong what we are commanded to do, that if we 'will', we can do it, but that the problem is that we can't Truly 'will' without the work, influence of God in our heart.

Spurgeon says about this :
      "The question is, are men ever found naturally willing to submit to the humbling terms of the gospel of Christ? We declare, upon Scriptural authority, that the human will is so desperately set on mischief, so depraved, and so inclined to everything that is evil, and so disinclined to everything that is good, that without the powerful. supernatural, irresistible influence of the Holy Spirit, no human will ever be constrained towards Christ".

If this is True, then,
      How should we then carry out our Responsibility ?

• By Lauren Lehman
      Here is a link to my music that I hope will bring peace and healing to people. www.laurenlehman.com or you can listen on Spotify, Itunes, etc.
      Below is a link to my song, "Peace Be Still" from my new album, "Peace Be Still."
      "Peace Be Still, and know that He is God... Come on into His place to seek His face, Peace, Peace, Be Still."
      Peace Be Still - on Youtube

• By Vevencio
      Creator of Mankind Podcast
      Episode 5: Eternal Life Through Christ Part 1
      http://shoutengine.com/CreatorofMankind/eternal-life-through-christ-part-1-72436
      https://itunes.apple.com/ph/podcast/eternal-life-through-christ-part-1/id1448028459?i=1000428055668&mt=2
      I never heard these talked about in the churches or the pulpit. But this is very important for a Christian.
      Please comment and share. I need your opinions and reactions.
    • By Big_Pete
      The Cross

This is the cross, both just and true,
      That I should give My life for you.

More than tears and blood alone,
      More than a life or broken bones.

Through the pain, beyond all fear,
      I took those steps to make it clear.

The Father’s love, so deep and wide,
      That He would give His Son to die:

To suffer loss and feel despair…
      To lead the way and meet you there.

A place of peace and joy abounding:
      Many a voice in praise resounding.

It was for you, I bled and cried…
      The curtain rent to open wide.

That you may come into My throne,
      And know My Father as your own.

The price of sin and death was paid,
      When on the cross My life I gave.

But now you must stand up and run,
      From sin and strife, deceptive ‘fun’.

Into My light and joy and peace…
      Now is the time: Proclaim Release.

(originally given to me in 2003)
    • By paige2223
      Hello All,
      I'm new here and new to the San Diego area. After I graduated in December, I just got up and drove 37 hours to San Diego to start a new chapter in my life. I started going to church here and getting my life in order. I just need a little boost with a little prayer or some support. I've been here for almost two weeks now, and I have been living on my friend's couch. I haven't had any luck with jobs and it is becoming so frustrating for me. Idk I just don't have confidence in myself and I'm terrible with interviews. I get so nervous interacting with people, that I just feel awkward. 
      I need to have a good job so that I can provide a good healthy environment for myself that allows me to work on this Christian Book I have been pursuing for some time now. The money that I would earn from a job would allow me to give money to the church and poor. I don't have anything hardly and the money I do have is for bills and I have been donating what I have left over to the church. I never told anyone this but I was homeless for 8 months. Not that I forced, but it's because I choose to be. I had a really good job and I just wanted to give everything I had to the needy and to the church. The 8 months I lived in my car was a very intimate time in my life with God, and that's when I really started to begin writing my book. 
      But right now I just feel like I can't give like I want to and it's very frustrating for me.   I'm just asking for a prayer that would allow me to have a job that would allow Jesus to work through me. Everything I do is in his name, and I wouldn't ever sell him short.
      Thank you,
      Paige