IGNORED

Something Paul said about being with God.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

2 Corinthians 5:6-10 King James Version (KJV)
6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight

8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

In 2 Corinthians 5:8 it says that paul wants to be absent.And in verse 9 it says people already are.How can they be absent if you just go to the ground when you die?I am confused

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

The short version is, that we have a spiritual essence, that is not limited to our body. Some one once said (and some attribute it to C.S. Lewis):

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."

Who ever said it, hit the nail on the head. We are souls who at the moment, live in a body. When the body dies, the soul or spirit (I think they are the same thing, others disagree) continues on, body-less. The soul of the believer, goes to be with Christ, not sure what happens to the soul of the unbeliever.

Perhaps 2 Pet 2:9 speaks to this when it says:

9 then the Lord knows how to rescue the Godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment 

We are told that there is a day coming, where the dead in Christ will be raised and given new bodies, bodies that are eternal. Then there is a 1000 year period when those raised, will reign with Christ. Those who are not raised in the first resurrection are not raised until after that 1000 year period has passed, then they will also be raised to judgement. Some of the details of this are in Rev 20.

These sorts of details, are not going to get full explanations in a thread like this, but I thought I would touch on some relevant highlights. I hope that makes it less confusing.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/25/2018 at 11:52 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

The short version is, that we have a spiritual essence, that is not limited to our body. Some one once said (and some attribute it to C.S. Lewis):

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."

Now that's cool.  I will remember that one.  Thanks Omega

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Just now, Gary Lee said:

Now that's cool.  I will remember that one.  Thanks Omega

You are welcome, but I just passed it on!