Sign in to follow this  
codex213

Hello!

Hello! My name is Elizabeth, and I am 27. I have been a Christian for the better part of 15 years, but recently found myself doubting my faith and really struggling. I am married, with 4 furbabies, although unhappily at the moment. I'm trying to save the marriage, because I do believe that it is worth saving, but I just need some encouragement and friendship to get me through these rough spots. Bek and I have 2 cats, a puppy, and a guinea pig together. We have been married just under a year, so hopefully this first year is just kind of rough on us as we're getting used to each other's quirks and being around the other full time. I currently attend a non-denominational church, although I haven't been there in months because I feel like I'm an outsider looking in, even though we lead a small group for young adults. I am trying to find maybe a better church home, but I'm not sure how that will go, especially with Bek not wanting to go to separate churches. I am also looking not only to reconnect with God, but to go deeper into His Word (I have never read the Bible all the way through), so I'm always looking for Bible studies or inspiration.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

7CIv.gif codex213:36:

Welcome, Codex.  I am in the same spot right now, not having many close friends in the church I attended for 14 years.  So I accidentally  found a Wednesday night Bible study in a small church in another town.  

Obey your husband and honor him.  Find another place to have a Bible Study.  Bible Study Fellowship is excellent if you have one in your area.  They are non denominational but may meet in a church.

1Pe 3:1  AMP  IN LIKE manner, you married women, be submissive to your own husbands [subordinate yourselves as being secondary to and dependent on them, and adapt yourselves to them], so that even if any do not obey the Word [of God], they may be won over not by discussion but by the [godly] lives of their wives,

1Pe 3:2  When they observe the pure and modest way in which you conduct yourselves, together with your reverence [for your husband; you are to feel for him all that reverence includes: to respect, defer to, revere him—to honor, esteem, appreciate, prize, and, in the human sense, to adore him, that is, to admire, praise, be devoted to, deeply love, and enjoy your husband].

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi Beth,welcome.Im new too.I hope that everything will work out for you and your partner,that you will be blessed in your service to God.We all need a place to belong,a family,support,people to share life with.Its out there and you'll find it.Dont give up.God's help is there.

Welcome to worthy :)