Jump to content
enoob57

Understanding is literal historical ...

Recommended Posts

Greetings again enoob57,

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

You may believe whatever you wish to believe but The Scriptures speak literal destruction and literal New!

I believe that the language of Revelation 21 is figurative as there will be sea during the 1000 years. The new heavens and earth of Isaiah 65:17-25 gives literal detail as to what this expression represents and there is no hint of the destruction and replacement of Jerusalem and the earth, but a change, a transition.

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

I did not say that prophetical utterance of the church was not there... I said they could not see what it was. ...

This really should end further discussion on this matter

But the message was always there, and the Servant prophecies of Isaiah clearly indicate that the Messiah would suffer, especially Isaiah 53. Other Scriptures are Psalms 16 and 22 and many others. Jesus upbraided the disciples for not understanding these things:

Luke 24:25–27, 44-48 (KJV): 25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. 45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, 46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

Kind regards Trevor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TrevorL said:

Greetings again enoob57,

I believe that the language of Revelation 21 is figurative as there will be sea during the 1000 years. The new heavens and earth of Isaiah 65:17-25 gives literal detail as to what this expression represents and there is no hint of the destruction and replacement of Jerusalem and the earth, but a change, a transition.

you can believe as you wish but that is not what is written... agree to disagree!

10 hours ago, TrevorL said:

Greetings again enoob57,

I believe that the language of Revelation 21 is figurative as there will be sea during the 1000 years. The new heavens and earth of Isaiah 65:17-25 gives literal detail as to what this expression represents and there is no hint of the destruction and replacement of Jerusalem and the earth, but a change, a transition.

Again this discussion closed with what I quoted with Paul... and He was inspired by God to write it!

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2018 at 4:47 PM, enoob57 said:

you can believe as you wish but that is not what is written... agree to disagree!

Again this discussion closed with what I quoted with Paul... and He was inspired by God to write it!

What we do with the word of God says everything about us.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what "sea" referred to all through the Bible?  (Do you think it could have been The Gentile Nations?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Revelation

17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Edited by Daniel 11:36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

What we do with the word of God says everything about us.

Praise God to whom The Scriptures form into Christ likeness! I am rather confused how people cannot discern how the Word of God is written in an objective format to all peoples in all times and distinctions... the subjective approach that many take doesn't work with this reality but in fact scatters truth to what the individual wishes to make of it and the God of Scripture disappears into the authority of the individual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×