I need help

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello, I have an issue. I’m scared that mabye I commited the unpardonable sin Jesus spoke about. I’ve said somethings in my mind that I’m not proud about. I’ve talked to a Pastor about this and he said “This sin can only be commited verbally, the unpardonable sin is about rejecting the Spirit’s conviction” or something like that, some people told me that this sin cannot be duplicated today and some more stuff. Where I live it started to rain and thunder and I honestly thought it was because God had been mad at me. I’m afraid that mabye I just ended my relationship with God. I’m scared that I’m going to hell. I’m scared that the Holy Spirit has left me. I feel like everything I do is sin and I have said the Act Of Contrition so many times I think God is annoyed with me. Some people say I haven’t done it but I simply just don’t believe it, no matter what I still have this fear in my head that mabye I did do it and cannot move on with life. Could some one please help me? 

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  10

Don't be afraid.  Look at how many times God gave chances to even the most hardened sinners.  For example, Pharaoh, Jezebel, and many more.  The unpardonable sin is when you stop fearing God and you completely block out the Holy Spirit so that you don't want to ask for forgiveness anymore.  If you are still worried about sin and you are still asking God for forgiveness, then you are not committing the unpardonable sin.  1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins..."  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,096
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

what Jesus was talking about in Matthew was blaspheming the Holy Spirit....     I would think that would have to be a spoken word to others concerning the Holy Spirit and what the Spirit is doing.     The two people in the New Testament that lied to the Holy Spirit by making the church think they had given things that they had not we are told that they had lied to the Holy Spirit....   but when you look at it they forfeited their lives almost instantly....

I think you should not consider thought as possible to do that.....    I would not go so far as to say it's impossible, but it doesn't seem possible to me...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

If you are worried you will commit this sin then this means that you fear God and God will look after you because of that. Fearing God means respecting God - not afraid of Him.

It is like OCD. I get it sometimes and I call it "OCD blasphemy".

Every time you get it, think or say the single word:

"default"

And remember that you would actually not even mean it even if you did blaspheme. After a while of saying "default", it will go.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 5/27/2018 at 6:10 PM, UndyingBeanz said:

Hello, I have an issue. I’m scared that mabye I commited the unpardonable sin Jesus spoke about. I’ve said somethings in my mind that I’m not proud about. I’ve talked to a Pastor about this and he said “This sin can only be commited verbally, the unpardonable sin is about rejecting the Spirit’s conviction” or something like that, some people told me that this sin cannot be duplicated today and some more stuff. Where I live it started to rain and thunder and I honestly thought it was because God had been mad at me. I’m afraid that mabye I just ended my relationship with God. I’m scared that I’m going to hell. I’m scared that the Holy Spirit has left me. I feel like everything I do is sin and I have said the Act Of Contrition so many times I think God is annoyed with me. Some people say I haven’t done it but I simply just don’t believe it, no matter what I still have this fear in my head that maybe I did do it and cannot move on with life. Could some one please help me? 

You didn't commit the unpardonable sin. First because you are worried that you did, and if you did you wouldn't be worried about it. The unforgivable sin is not something a new or inexperienced believer can do. This sin can be only be done by very mature believers who know God as well as their mother or father. They have passed the point of doubts and they are walking with God. Now suppose one of these believers decides he'd rather be rich, famous, promiscuous, or any of the other life styles that characterize people of the world. This believer no longer wants God he wants the world. He would have also thought this through. So he tells God to go away, he tells God to leave him because he prefers the fun of sins. And remember, this guy knows full well what he's doing. This then is the unforgivable sin. Clearly, you didn't do it nor do I think you can do it at your present stage of development.

This is one of the devils most famous lies that he tries on every new or young believer. I'm glad the Internet exists so you could ask all of us. The devil tried it on me too but it was before the Internet. It required me to read for a few years every preacher who tried to explain it. Eventually I read the explanation I shared with you and this made the most sense.

So remember, it's not a sin you do by accident out of fear or by not thinking. It's deadly serious and therefore only mature Christians who know God and have experienced Him in their lives can do it. I'd say very few people actually do this.

Don't worry about it. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  10

You can see an example of unpardonable sin in King Saul.  He had a knowledge of God and was at first chosen by God, but he became so proud he didn't want to listen to God anymore.  He wasn't sorry for his sin and didn't repent, even though he had many chances, so he stopped listening to the Holy Spirit. 

God shows mercy even to those who have a mature knowledge of Him and fall into sin.  For example, King David.  King David was considered, "a man after God's own heart," yet he committed adultery and arranged to kill the husband of the woman he slept with.  When King David was confronted with his sin (unlike King Saul), he realised how bad it was and he repented.

Sin is only unforgivable when you stop listening to the Holy Spirit!

In Mark 3:28, 29 when Jesus spoke of blaspheming against the Holy Spirit, He was trying to warn the scribes (some of the religious leaders) of His time about their danger of eternal damnation.  

They could see Jesus' power in person, and had plenty of evidence of his divinity and goodness, yet they were accusing Him of having an evil spirit.  If they had so much evidence, but they still refused to believe in Jesus, what would be left for them?

Jesus loved the stubborn, rebellious religious leaders and tried to show them over and over again the way to life!  You can see that most of them constantly resisted the Holy Spirit in the face of almost overwhelming evidence.  If Jesus showed so much love, and gave so many chances to those who would eventually murder Him, do you think He will turn away from you, just because you fear you have said or done something bad by accident or impulse? 

Jesus understands our humanity, and how we suffer from anxiety and depraved thoughts sometimes.  In Isaiah 53, when you read the meanings of the original language, you will see that He carried our anxieties, griefs and depravities on the cross.