Non Christian friend always talking about sex

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

im a 22 year old girl and a christian. sadly none of my friends are christian and its soo frustrating. anyways, the one friend that doesnt ignore me like everyone else does, and who actually likes hanging out with me is always bringing up her sex life. i told her i don't like it but she does it anyway. she was with this boy in the car with me, and she was asking him all these inappropriate questions about sex. like what positionn he likes etc. i felt very uncomfortable and she said she just likes to talk about her feelings. i do like her but it gets me so upset. since pre marital sex is a sin and im a virgin. everyone makes me feel bad about being a virgin at 22. im tired of everyone only caring about sex. this is why im going to be alone forever and im done with guys. i just feel emotionally drained and upset. needed to let out my feelings.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

If that friend knows it makes up uncomfortable and keeps bringing it up, they don't seem to be a great friend.  Find new ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I had a co worker like that who I had to work closely with for 2 years.  She continually brought up things like that to shock me and offend me.  She claimed to be a Christians because she had attended a Bible study years ago.  She told men dirty jokes and her language was very offensive.  I later learned that she had also been spreading false rumors about me.  

I have to remember that there but for the grace of God go I.  God demonstrated His love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.  He came not for the righteous but for sinners.  

Our strength comes from God's word, from prayer and fellowship with God, and from fellowship with believers.  I used to attend a little old ladies Sunday school class.  They prayed for me and were always available for me by phone.  Perhaps you can find a small group Bible study to attend or a group like Bible Study Fellowship.  

Being drained happens when we try to constantly give out from our own strength.  We can only give like that by the power of Jesus Christ living in us.  It is His love, His power, His forgiveness that enable us to walk the walk.  He comes to live in us when we are born again.  Greater is He that is within us than he that is in the world.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,857
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Virgin at 31 and proud of it! Don't let others get you down; take comfort and courage knowing you are pleasing the Lord with your chastity.

Do you attend church? You need to get connected with fellow Christians and find some true friends there. You might just find the right kind of man there, too, who will share your morals and values and desire a Godly marriage.

God bless!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  12/17/2004

I get u exactly. It's hard to be sexually pure but know that no matter what happens you're doing the right thing. I am 13 and sex is a very intriguing topic to my classmates so i make it my responsibility to teach them the right things and to the glory of God, they're changing.

My advice is:

1. Love who u are be confident that as a christian you STAND OUT .

2. Love others. Its a sure fire way to make friends.

3. Go to a church where you feel blessed. A church where u don't have fellow BROTHERS and SISTERS to back u up isn't right for u.

4. Show her the benefits of being a virgin. Which means find out for ur self the benefits of being a christian virgin.

5. Make Virginity A Trend. Make shirts, posters and slogans with stuff like "Jesus' Temple". "For My Mr Right" or any other slogan u can think of. Make people want to be virgins like u and don't forget to evangelize.

And tell ur parents or ur youth pastor about this and i know they will encourage u. Let me know how everything goes and stay blessed.

Stay Pure Big Sis,

Chrisy

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

One doesn't have to be a virgin to be irritated, offended, and drained by people who seem to enjoy speaking vulgarities.

When young, it's extremely immature to talk like this and shows one's immaturity in all its patheticness.  So many young people 15-25 think that talking nasty shows how "hip" their are but it only shows how immature and obnoxious they are.  It's like they feel more grown-up if they talk this way.  Actually, it's just the opposite.

When one is older, it's about shock value, crassness, and being what one thinks is pop culture expert.  It's stupid and most people find friends, family,  and co-workers like this very unattractive.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is without a doubt the greatest natural draw next to food itself to mankind... The greatest among us have fallen prey to it's subtle ways... Only drawing near to God knowing He is not keeping the sex stuff for the eternal state (Thank you Jesus)!It is so good to place one's mind in the eternal concepts so to see as God see's in a perfect value system so totally out of this world's concepts it cannot even reason with them.... Prayed for your strength to draw nearer to God in all this!

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Yes, you really need to make some Christian friends who are serious about their walk with Jesus.   If your church doesn't have many young people, perhaps you can search for a nice youth group or Bible Study at another church.  Give yourself some joy and fun by having friends with the same morals and values as yourself.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

In the scriptures it says someplace, bad company corrupts good people.

It is rare that the converse happens. So take care!! Choose you company wisely.

• This is Worthy 1