According to Wikipedia -

The English suffixes -phobia, -phobic, -phobe (from Greek φόβος phobos, "fear") occur in technical usage in psychiatry to construct words that describe irrational, abnormal, unwarranted, persistent, or disabling fear as a mental disorder (e.g. agoraphobia), in chemistry to describe chemical aversions (e.g. hydrophobic), in biology to describe organisms that dislike certain conditions (e.g. acidophobia), and in medicine to describe hypersensitivity to a stimulus, usually sensory (e.g. photophobia). In common usage, they also form words that describe dislike or hatred of a particular thing or subject (e.g. homophobia). The suffix is antonymic to -phil-.

But now added to the list of phobias is homophobia, (defined by The English suffixes -phobia, -phobic, -phobe (from Greek φόβος phobos, "fear") occur in technical usage in psychiatry to construct words that describe irrational, abnormal, unwarranted, persistent, or disabling fear as a mental disorder (e.g. agoraphobia), in chemistry to describe chemical aversions (e.g. hydrophobic), in biology to describe organisms that dislike certain conditions (e.g. acidophobia), and in medicine to describe hypersensitivity to a stimulus, usually sensory (e.g. photophobia). In common usage, they also form words that describe dislike or hatred of a particular thing or subject (e.g. homophobia). The suffix is antonymic to -phil-.  So persons defined as homophobic, which indicates the person with thought patterns different than enlightened liberals is categorized as mentally challenged.  So we who are Christian with a belief that homosexuality is against God and nature, we are labeled as mentally ill.

I work with transsexuals, lesbians, bisexuals, homosexuals, and about every other self-described group without problem.  I work with every nationality and ethnic background.  It's not hard.  Treat people as people, respect them, and threat them as you would want others to treat you.  But homophobia is not a mental disease.  On the other hand, Trump derangement syndrome may just be.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

I always say we aren't afraid of homosexuals, etc....we simply believe it is a wrong lifestyle according to God's word.

I also treat all people like I would want to be treated...kindly, respectfully.   I have neighbors that seem to be gay and I always greet them like anyone else that lives in my building.   In fact I have even given them some things.

A few times a lesbian couple invited my elderly mother and myself downstairs for Christmas Eve dinners and a New Year's Eve dinner.  (I would take one of the girl's mother to church.) We would go to the dinners.  They knew we didn't agree with their lifestyle but they knew we didn't hate or fear them.

Sometimes all one can do is leave people in the Lord's hands.   They already had heard and been shown from the Bible from one of their aunt's that the lifestyle was sinful.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Loved it! 2

The term homophobic was just another term coined to force into acceptance into society the alternative lifestyle.  I keep hearing about how homosexuals are discriminated on and especially by Christians.  In my life i have not witnessed this.  I have had supervisors that were homosexual, they had been promoted and were not held back because they were homosexual.  I have not seen any one homosexual mistreated by someone who is a christian and i also have not seen any one who is afraid of homosexuals because they are homosexual.  its all apart of the gay agenda.  play the victim.  by playing the victim they can get people to feel sorry for them and say, thats just not right!!!  and then get special rights, privileges, and treatment. 

Pretty much, its all lies. 

why does a homosexual identify who they are as being a homosexual?  heterosexuals do not identify themselves in this way.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • This is Worthy 1

Brother and sister, what you say above is true.  We should be looking at the person first..... this is a person, and God loves all people..... He loved me, a sinner, that He took from a place of sin and shame and washed me and made me clean.  As Christians, we now live in another place (seated in heavenly places).  We are not "homophobes", but people who understand that sin is sin and that anyone who lives their lives outside of Christ is someone Jesus died for, and able to be saved, just like we have been.  The fact that these people identify themselves in this way is something they do, but they remain people first and just as eligible for salvation as those who have been saved from different things.  We need to love all people as Jesus did.  We disagree with what their beliefs are, but God gives us all the choice.  I am speaking to myself as much as anyone else.  I need to learn and grow in this area as well.

At the end of the day, though, God's Word reveals what He thinks, and we agree with Him.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

I have often found that those who complain about the Homophobes the most are themselves the worst Christophobes out there. !

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Haha 1
  • Brilliant! 1

3 hours ago, Cletus said:

The term homophobic was just another term coined to force into acceptance into society the alternative lifestyle.  I keep hearing about how homosexuals are discriminated on and especially by Christians.  In my life i have not witnessed this.  I have had supervisors that were homosexual, they had been promoted and were not held back because they were homosexual.  I have not seen any one homosexual mistreated by someone who is a christian and i also have not seen any one who is afraid of homosexuals because they are homosexual.  its all apart of the gay agenda.  play the victim.  by playing the victim they can get people to feel sorry for them and say, thats just not right!!!  and then get special rights, privileges, and treatment. 

Pretty much, its all lies. 

why does a homosexual identify who they are as being a homosexual?  heterosexuals do not identify themselves in this way.

Cletus my brother .   I am so greatful you aint falling for that homophobia RUSE either .     Its all a sham.   and I will have no part of it .

Anyone who disagrees with that ,  I could not even bring myself to call it lifestyle .   ,  but anyone who wont agree with it gets the label PHOBIA and worse

some of the churches are bending over backwards to either support it ,  or label any christain who would even attempt to correct it or even dare say its sin , as being you got it HOMO PHOBIC.

But we don't let society and trends teach us how to evangelize or exhort .    On HIS day ,  we will see that GOD does not compromise .  WHILE its true

HE desired none to perish,  FOR SURE I would not want to be in the stead of those who called good what GOD does not see nor call good or love or anything of that .

You spot on Cletus and just like any other sin ,  It will be warned out against and the gospel will be sounded and we will pray they repent and come to Christ .

But rest assured we don't compromise truth .     You spot on , this is what this agenda IS ALL about .   

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

I have often found that those who complain about the Homophobes the most are themselves the worst Christophobes out there. !

Well I have found that most , not all , but most who go after those who warn THE RIGHT WAY ,  that most who go after these do it for two reasons .

Number one its an agenda and it works .   number two they themselves are afraid to stand for truth and thus need to FEEL okay and like its evil to do such a thing .

OPTION C today .    DO all to correct , warn , encourage , exhort ,   BUT NEVER compromise and don't fear man .    Now I did say number one its an agenda and it works

BUT what I should have said ,  BUT it don't and wont work on those who are Christs .    people so busy giving me lables they don't know what to think.

But each new lable I receive ,  I see the hypcroisy,  FOR THEY say TOLERANCE ,   they say lets not label , lets just all hug and get along .

Yet as I said,   I get many lables and lots of hate .    HMM,   sounds like CLETUS SURE IS right ,  ITS AN AGENDA and the victim card Works.

OH but their I go again, I just said it works,  BUT NOT on those who are Christs .    IF WE LOVE we do all to correct and point them and all TO CHRIST .   

May it sink in very deep tonight .

• Thumbs Up 1

Why not recognize this whole movement for what it is; A trap hatched in the pits of hell and specially formed to ensnare the Christians  !

First present the Christian with a sin that they obviously cannot condone or partake in, then use the rejection of that sin as proof that the Christian is a hateful bigot followed by fanning a movement to ban the Christians from society because of their hateful stance against a segment of peaceful society that is itself filled with hate and lust that they call love.  It is a perfect trap with all the hall marks of demonic evil and that is all there is to it.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Praise God! 1

Shrinks create the disease, the labels, then the cure. Ha. It is a joke.

Jer 5 v30

10 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Well I have found that most , not all , but most who go after those who warn THE RIGHT WAY ,  that most who go after these do it for two reasons .

Number one its an agenda and it works .   number two they themselves are afraid to stand for truth and thus need to FEEL okay and like its evil to do such a thing .

OPTION C today .    DO all to correct , warn , encourage , exhort ,   BUT NEVER compromise and don't fear man .    Now I did say number one its an agenda and it works

BUT what I should have said ,  BUT it don't and wont work on those who are Christs .    people so busy giving me lables they don't know what to think.

But each new lable I receive ,  I see the hypcroisy,  FOR THEY say TOLERANCE ,   they say lets not label , lets just all hug and get along .

Yet as I said,   I get many lables and lots of hate .    HMM,   sounds like CLETUS SURE IS right ,  ITS AN AGENDA and the victim card Works.

OH but their I go again, I just said it works,  BUT NOT on those who are Christs .    IF WE LOVE we do all to correct and point them and all TO CHRIST .   

May it sink in very deep tonight .

Look at all the corporate, entertainment, secular and even some Christian organizations embracing the movement.  The so-called tolerant people are actively intolerant.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1