Televangelists

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Which televangelists are best to listen to and which ones are not?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not a big fan of listening to televangelists, but the best thing to do if you are wanting to know who Jesus is and what Christianity is all about.  Is to read the first four books of the new testament. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.  Those books are known as the gospel, which means "good news".  If you don't have a bible; there are online bibles available. biblegateway.com has an audio feature if it is easier for you to listen over reading.  biblehub.com is another good source for online bibles.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

On 5/30/2018 at 5:50 PM, SmoothRiverFlow said:

Instead of searching for televangelists -- look for GREAT churches and watch STREAM their services and sermons.  :)  This is a much better way of finding GREAT content and messages to watch at home.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I  am conflicted on this issue, for I know just how awful many TV personalities are at presenting the Bible. Yet God used most every one of them to the good for me personally, in that it was by challenging  a tv evangelist silly presentation that I started reading the Gideon Bible at the Hotel room I was remodeling. Next thing I knew I was reading all of the Book of Job, was soon challenged by  what I must conclude was an angel to turn about now, and I did. It was by none of my doing, nor was it by the tv presentation directly. Except that  a tv peronality did make a call to repentance of sorts and I said, if that is true I want it.

All that said I have spent many enjoyable hours watching and studying the approach to faith by God's angry man Pastor Eugene Scott,  have listened to Rev. Frederick Price, even watched the absolutely unbelievable Tammy and Jimmy Bakker. The rest I just couldn't handle found them neither informative nor fun, instead just  predators on the hurting the lonely and the poor. Except for  Rev. Robert Schuller, as he targeted the wealthier  patrons for sure. My own all time favorite presentation  on tv has been  Zola Levitt presents.

God has used tv in my life He has also led me to churches to participate and even gain employment at one. God will do what God wills. He can and will use the worst of things, and make it serve good for those that will come to believe on Him.

If Billy Graham were 20 years old today how might God use him?  What communication vehicles would He set to serve as tools for his servant's work?

In person church attendence is the very best way to serve and be served, for tv evangelists don't tend to come to one's home with hot food when one is sick.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I prefer Dr. Charles Stanley on In Touch.  Billy Graham, Greg Laurie, Kay Arthur and Joni are OK.   I don't watch any TV televangelists or teacher on a regular basis, nor do I send financial support to those who beg for money as I find that unscriptural.   

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

On 7/1/2018 at 6:45 PM, Neighbor said:

I  am conflicted on this issue, for I know just how awful many TV personalities are at presenting the Bible. Yet God used most every one of them to the good for me personally, in that it was by challenging  a tv evangelist silly presentation that I started reading the Gideon Bible at the Hotel room I was remodeling. Next thing I knew I was reading all of the Book of Job, was soon challenged by  what I must conclude was an angel to turn about now, and I did. It was by none of my doing, nor was it by the tv presentation directly. Except that  a tv peronality did make a call to repentance of sorts and I said, if that is true I want it.

All that said I have spent many enjoyable hours watching and studying the approach to faith by God's angry man Pastor Eugene Scott,  have listened to Rev. Frederick Price, even watched the absolutely unbelievable Tammy and Jimmy Bakker. The rest I just couldn't handle found them neither informative nor fun, instead just  predators on the hurting the lonely and the poor. Except for  Rev. Robert Schuller, as he targeted the wealthier  patrons for sure. My own all time favorite presentation  on tv has been  Zola Levitt presents.

God has used tv in my life He has also led me to churches to participate and even gain employment at one. God will do what God wills. He can and will use the worst of things, and make it serve good for those that will come to believe on Him.

If Billy Graham were 20 years old today how might God use him?  What communication vehicles would He set to serve as tools for his servant's work?

In person church attendence is the very best way to serve and be served, for tv evangelists don't tend to come to one's home with hot food when one is sick.

I learned more more from Gene Scott and Zola Levitt  than I did anybody else —- by FAR!  Boy, do I miss both of them. Les Feldick is fantastic, but I don’t know how available he is on television.There are many great places available on the internet and you tube....Renee Roland,Truth Time Radio and Grace Community Bible Church are the best I have ever found.....check them out and enjoy...

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/31/2018 at 7:50 AM, SmoothRiverFlow said:

I am not a great fan of any televangelists.. Why get the Word of God second hand if you can go right to the scriptures yourself.. :)  Yeah i will sometimes check out a utube video of this guy or that.. But i never get dependent or addicted to them..  That's dangerous..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Inspired teachers are one of the gifts of God......Wiser men than me have brought out things in the Bible that I would never have known......the church gave me a brain full of mush.....I thank God He guided me to teachers that were “ God Called” as opposed to self - called

• This is Worthy 1

Guest shiloh357
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, SmoothRiverFlow said:

If you are not disabled/homebound and have adequate transporation, make sure you are plugged into a local church that preaches sound doctrine and that you are getting spiritual nourishment and fellowship there. 

Otherwise, you have to be really discerning because so many televangelists are corrupt and teach false doctrines.   Some to stay away from are Joyce Meyers, Joel Osteen, TD Jakes,  and pretty much anyone from the Word of Faith/Charistmatic circles. 

Good preachers to listen to who will not lead you astray are Adrian Rogers (Love Worth Finding"  broadcast), Charles Stanley (In Touch" broadcast), Robert Jeffress (Pathway To Victory broadcast).   Those are some good solid teachers that show up on both TBN and DayStar and they will always deliver solid messages that will feed you, spiritually.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:50 PM, SmoothRiverFlow said:

Go to youtube and watch the video by Genesis called "Jesus he knows me" to get a feel for the whole thing. One of my favorites. Phil Collins discusses that video/song in one of the interviews I've seen. He's not saying it applies to them all, but still...