IGNORED

Two trbulations and the truth about them

Mike Mclees

Guest shiloh357
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:59 AM, Diaste said:

Except that is exactly the kind of foolishness in which the pretrib doctrine engages. 

No we don't.

There are two sets of believers according to pretrib dogma: one set gathered before the last week begins, and another set which endure the wrath of God and are gathered sometime during the last week. Pretrib tells us there is an elite group of believers who are at this time perfected, righteous and holy and these will be taken out early so as not to endure what pretrib thinks is God's wrath.

Actually, what you are doing is called "poisoning the well."   You assign malicious motives to our argument and color it the way you want and that is both unfair and dishonest.   The pri-trib rapture states that the Church age ends with the rapture and the Church is taken out.  Nothing in that view holds the Chruch to be "elite" over either OT saints or Tribulation saints.   

Then there is the other group, whom I have heard described on this forum as a lesser group, pushed aside because this group doesn't believe in the pretrib rapture, marginalized through what pretrib advocates seem to think is a closeted masochistic proclivity; e.g., a need to be punished to prove our worth, etc. Then of course this second, unbelieving, masochistic set must also be sadistic to the elite set, as I have heard it said on this forum the second set believe the brand new bride must be punished. Of course this is decried as outlandish as no good husband would ever do such a thing.

Again, that is unfair and probably untrue characterizations of us.   You have to resort to stuff like that because you lack an honest, rational argument. 

What we see in the behavior of the advocates of the pretrib doctrine is slanderous, prejudicial and bigoted speech.

No, rather it is your false accusations and mischaracterizations of us that fall into the category of slanderous speech.  

Is that any way for any believer, no matter the personal dogma, to behave?

Since you are the one engaging in such behavior, you should check your own heart.

We should be bold as the lion, rock solid in our convictions, determined, unmovable, but prejudice and bigotry have no place in the heart and mind of any of us.

Proabably should follow your own advice, then. 

At any point in time I'm variously hurt, frustrated, sorrowful, given to tears, angry, dejected, etc., over this very subject, but in all that I hope I comport my self with dignity, integrity, honesty, patience, understanding, and truth. We all need to reflect on this as it's the love we are commanded to show to all others. While we may not agree on all things, fiercely defending our beliefs, it's not an opening for the worst behavior of which we are capable. 

Unfortunately, casting unfair and untrue aspersions on us who don't see things your way is anything but acting with dignity, integrity, understanding or truth.  It is you that is acting in a manner that is nothing but heaping blanket, indiscriminate and undeserved condemnation and you are doing the very thing you are accusing  pre-tribbers of doing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I don't know.  But it will likely not be terribly long. 

Do you see the pretrib rapture as the end of the new covenant?

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

Do you see the pretrib rapture as the end of the new covenant?

No, just the end of the church age.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/21/1958

As you may or may not know, Dispensationalists are the one group that consistently and invariably hold to the pretribulation rapture doctrine. Other groups, like the Reformed churches hold diverse opinions on eschatology ranging from pretribulation rapture to post tribulation rapture to post millennial and even amillennialism.  So there must be something about Dispensationalism that causes this.  

Here is my meager attempt to summarize.  Dispensationalists are usually literal in their interpretation of scripture.  In other words, if the literal sense makes common sense, than seek no other sense.  So, for example, an earthquake is an earthquake and not an allegory for political upheaval.  The Bible uses symbols and types, but they are easily recognized.  For example, the woman that rides the beast is not a natural woman riding a horse, the Bible itself interprets these symbols and types as symbols and types.  

Dispensationalists further rightly divide the word of truth.  By this, they refer to the dispensations of times in which God dealt differently with man. Eg: The dispensations of innocence, conscience, government, promise, law, grace, etc. As a consequence, one dispensation MUST end before the next one begins.  And thus, the "Seven Year Tribulation Period" cannot begin until the "Church Age" ends, because Israel and the church are in different dispensations.  The church age ends with the rapture of the church.

This is why mid-trib, post-trib, and pre-wrath trib folks cannot reconcile their views with most pre-trib folks.  Each uses scripture to posit their views and cannot fathom why the other folks cannot understand.  Believe it or not, I am a Dispensationalist, but apparently not a good one, because I am also pre-wrath in my view of the resurrection.

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, JoeChan82 said:

As you may or may not know, Dispensationalists are the one group that consistently and invariably hold to the pretribulation rapture doctrine. Other groups, like the Reformed churches hold diverse opinions on eschatology ranging from pretribulation rapture to post tribulation rapture to post millennial and even amillennialism.  So there must be something about Dispensationalism that causes this.  

Here is my meager attempt to summarize.  Dispensationalists are usually literal in their interpretation of scripture.  In other words, if the literal sense makes common sense, than seek no other sense.  So, for example, an earthquake is an earthquake and not an allegory for political upheaval.  The Bible uses symbols and types, but they are easily recognized.  For example, the woman that rides the beast is not a natural woman riding a horse, the Bible itself interprets these symbols and types as symbols and types.  

Dispensationalists further rightly divide the word of truth.  By this, they refer to the dispensations of times in which God dealt differently with man. Eg: The dispensations of innocence, conscience, government, promise, law, grace, etc. As a consequence, one dispensation MUST end before the next one begins.  And thus, the "Seven Year Tribulation Period" cannot begin until the "Church Age" ends, because Israel and the church are in different dispensations.  The church age ends with the rapture of the church.

This is why mid-trib, post-trib, and pre-wrath trib folks cannot reconcile their views with most pre-trib folks.  Each uses scripture to posit their views and cannot fathom why the other folks cannot understand.  Believe it or not, I am a Dispensationalist, but apparently not a good one, because I am also pre-wrath in my view of the resurrection.

It's not only that, but we also hold to a prophetic future for Israel, whereas the Covenant Theology/Amillennial proponents (generally speaking) do not.  We see the Church and Israel as radically separate in terms of their prophetic roles according to God's purposes.   We do not hold to two plans of salvation, as we are often accused, but only two separate prophetic futures for both the Church and Israel.  

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

We do not hold to two plans of salvation, as we are often accused, but only two separate prophetic futures for both the Church and Israel.  

What precludes these two prophetic futures from running concurrently?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

No, just the end of the church age.

So, if the new covenant is still in effect after the pretrib rapture then is the Holy Spirit still "here" after the rapture?

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Davida said:

Pretrib view never stated that. You guys watch too  much nonsense on youtube.

I have heard people say that sort of thing on this forum. They don't realize the ramifications, but they do say it.

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

So, if the new covenant is still in effect after the pretrib rapture then is the Holy Spirit still "here" after the rapture?

Of course He is.  He is omnipresent.  How could an omnipresent God not be on the earth?

What precludes these two prophetic futures from running concurrently?

Nothing precludes that at all.  In fact Israel and the Church DO operate concurrently in terms of God's prophetic plan.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Diaste said:

I have heard people say that sort of thing on this forum. They don't realize the ramifications, but they do say it.

Like who?