Mike Mclees

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

Tribulation has been with the church since its birth at Pentecost. The believers suffered at the hands of its own people. They were scattered at the hands of Saul. They were persecuted and slaughtered at the hands of Roman emperors until Constantine Even today they are murdered and tortured in the Middle East and other countries. So tribulation has been with us for two thousand years not a 7 yr thing the pre tribulationists want to call the tribulation period where they say second rate believers will suffer the antichrist and the wrath of God for seven years.

In Daniel 9:27 it states And he (the antichrist) shall confirm a covenant for seven years between Israel and its enemies, but in the mistĀ  of the seven 3 1/2 yrs he shall commit the abomination of desolation at which he shall declare himself to God. So if you have paid attention to what I have stated you will see the church has been under tribulation since its birth up and until the abomination of desolation 3 1/2 years after the 7 yr peace confirmed by the antichrist after which is the time of great Tribulation under the power of the antichrist who seeks to destroy the Church of Jesus Christ from the earth using what is known as the mark of the beast whereby one swears loyalty and honor to him as god.

So two thousand years tribulation and 3 1/2 years great tribulation. Don't be slow walked by Pre tribers. They manipulate the tribulation period and their false security.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

I see you are still teaching a falsehood

You need to study your Bible

I willĀ check in on you later

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

35 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Tribulation has been with the church since its birth at Pentecost. The believers suffered at the hands of its own people. They were scattered at the hands of Saul. They were persecuted and slaughtered at the hands of Roman emperors until Constantine Even today they are murdered and tortured in the Middle East and other countries.

What makes the great tribulation "great" is it's scope.Ā  Believers being killed for their faith is nothing new like you say, it has just been isolated to certain locations at certain points in time.Ā  Just because that level of persecution hasn't yet been seen in the west doesn't mean it can't or won't be.Ā  The tide is turning so be ready.Ā  The time of great tribulation will be global.Ā  There will be nowhere to run, nowhere to hide (unless maybe you're an extreme survivalist).Ā  It is part of the time of great distress that's mentioned in Daniel 12.

• And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time.Ā  Daniel 12:1b

It will affect believers and unbelievers alike, albeit in different ways, like the flood did.

44 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

So tribulation has been with us for two thousand years not a 7 yr thing the pre tribulationists want to call the tribulation period where they say second rate believers will suffer the antichrist and the wrath of God for seven years.

Yeah, I've never understood the notion of the Christian A team and B team, and no one has been able to explain what it takes to make the cut.Ā  We know that both groups have to be believers because those who did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved are under a strong delusion. Those who the pretribbers characterize as the B team "tribulation saints" (who miss the pretrib) are described as having a martyr's faith??Ā  So then, what does it take to make the A team?Ā  The whole notion seems a bit ludicrous to me.

Hopefully, pretrib based eschatology doesn't cause it's adherents to behave foolishly.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

2 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

I see you are still teaching a falsehood

You need to study your Bible

I willĀ check in on you later

I have the best teacher in the created universe. It is good to read the Bible but real truth is revealed by the Holy Spirit.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,622
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

I have the best teacher in the created universe. It is good to read the Bible but real truth is revealed by the Holy Spirit.

I agree. The Bible, all scripture, is filled with knowledge and wisdom;Ā it's the Holy Spirit that gives the understanding.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/21/1958

8 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

So tribulation has been with us for two thousand years not a 7 yr thing the pre tribulationists want to call the tribulation period where they say second rate believers will suffer the antichrist and the wrath of God for seven years.

Maybe I don't understand this part of your statement, but I was a pre-tribulationist for a long time.Ā  The second rate believer thing is a small splinter of that group. We called them the "Split rapture" people. I used to believe that the whole church would be raptured out before the "7 year tribulation" period.Ā  That is the standard pre-trib position. Did I misunderstand you here?Ā  Thanks.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

One is a believer in Jesus Christ or they are not

There is no scriptural definition of a B team

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,622
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

One is a believer in Jesus Christ or they are not

There is no scriptural definition of a B team

Except that is exactly the kind of foolishness in which the pretrib doctrine engages. There are two sets of believers according to pretrib dogma: one set gathered before the last week begins, and another set which endure the wrath of God and areĀ gathered sometime during the last week. Pretrib tells us there is an elite group of believers who are at this time perfected, righteous and holy and these will be taken out early so as not to endure what pretrib thinks is God's wrath. Then there is the other group, whom I have heard described on this forum as a lesser group, pushed aside because this group doesn't believe in the pretrib rapture, marginalized through what pretrib advocates seem to think is a closeted masochistic proclivity; e.g., a need to be punished to prove our worth, etc. Then of course this second, unbelieving, masochistic set must also be sadistic to the elite set, as I have heard it said on this forum the second set believe the brand new bride must be punished. Of course this is decried as outlandish as no good husband would ever do such a thing.

What we see in the behavior of the advocates of the pretrib doctrine is slanderous, prejudicial and bigoted speech. Is that any way for any believer, no matter the personal dogma, to behave? We should be bold as the lion, rock solid in our convictions, determined, unmovable, but prejudice and bigotry have no place in the heart and mind of any of us.

At any point in time I'm variously hurt, frustrated, sorrowful, given to tears, angry, dejected, etc., over this very subject, but in all that I hope I comport my self with dignity, integrity, honesty, patience, understanding, and truth. We all need to reflect on this as it's the love we are commanded to show to all others. While we may not agree on all things, fiercely defending our beliefs, it's not an opening for the worst behavior of which we are capable.Ā 

Ā 

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

40 minutes ago, Da Puppers said:

Post-trib must come up with a new definition of wrath , if taking the mark is not the wrath of God.

Not necessarily.Ā  Taking the mark is part of worshiping the image which is the sin of idolatry.Ā  Those who did not receive the love of the truth but chose to take pleasure in unrighteousness will be deceived by the strong delusion of the signs and wonders.Ā  I don't think any of them will ever repent.Ā  The plagues are God's corrective discipline for the believers (not unbelievers) who will be deceived into thinking the man of sin is God.Ā  Eventually the plagues will turn into God's wrath when it gets to the point that no one repents.Ā  But that will all work itself out.

The main thing is to prepare for the coming time of great distress.

• Thumbs Up 1