• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello, 

This is my first post ever but I could really use some advice and encouragement right now maybe even prayer. I have a hit a pretty rough, dry season in my faith. I really don't know what I'm doing anymore and I feel very confused and lost almost. I know God is there and he is listening but I feel like I can't hear him anymore. I thought I heard God say certain things would happen this summer and when they didn't I got really confused and a bit upset, but I know I'm still in the hands of the creator. I just don't know what to do, I know I  and I'm trying to stay in Gods word, in prayer and just have trust and faith in everything but I really don't know what to do. Any help? Thanks 

• Praying! 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,464
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,757
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

35 minutes ago, lunarose said:

Hello, 

This is my first post ever but I could really use some advice and encouragement right now maybe even prayer. I have a hit a pretty rough, dry season in my faith. I really don't know what I'm doing anymore and I feel very confused and lost almost. I know God is there and he is listening but I feel like I can't hear him anymore. I thought I heard God say certain things would happen this summer and when they didn't I got really confused and a bit upset, but I know I'm still in the hands of the creator. I just don't know what to do, I know I  and I'm trying to stay in Gods word, in prayer and just have trust and faith in everything but I really don't know what to do. Any help? Thanks 

Welcome to Worthy Lunarose!   One thing I do to understand the gravity of prayer and to whom I'm praying to and it helps me stay focused -- I pray along these lines -- Lord as I pray, would you make it as though my soul is in the very throne room -- in your very presence -- as I'm coming in worship of the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords ...

I love the fact the Lord is just a prayer away!  :)  He's trying to establish this deep intimate relationship with you -- just ask and claim His promises!  :)

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/17/2000

Sometimes, when God feels distant from us, it is because there is an obstacle keeping us from God. It can be something we are putting before God, a fear, a person, even a dream or hope. For me, it was fear. Fear that I was not good enough, that I was a disappointment to God, and that I could never amount to anything of worth. It is best to go before God and ask if there is anything you are holding back. He will put it before you and when you give it to Him it will break down the wall.

I also struggled with going back and forth, and learned from a message at a worship conference, that it was because I was only giving half my heart to God. I was not fully the world's or fully God's, I was torn between serving the flesh and serving the spirit. I learned that God did not want half of me, He wanted all of me. He could not transform me if I only gave Him half of what I had. I had to die to myself before I could live for Him.

He says in Jeremiah 29:13, "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

A video that has helped me is on Youtube by Pastor William Chung if you search "The meeting place increase your longing for God".

God bless you, my sister in Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

I don't trust things that foretell the future.  Too often my own desires get in the way and I don't want to hear what God is really telling me.  So if something was predicted that didn't come to pass, it simply means the prophecy was false.   Don't listen to it again and ask God to forgive you for trusting in it.  Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness.  But don't let it throw you into confusion.  God is not the author of confusion.  It is a learning process.  God is so patient with us.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,172
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Good thoughts there Willa, and I agree.

lunarose, the Lord`s focus is to make us like Christ. This involves us looking at the next thing/attitude highlighted in our lives by His Holy Spirit. Too often we have been told, "God wants to give you this and this, and dream your dream etc." But God is not into any of that. Learn to see what God is focussed on and not what you think He has promised, as most often it is our own imaginings.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi lunarose

This is how we learn to live by faith!  A sister once put it to me this way - a mother has a baby in a pram and the baby can't necessarily see its' mother for a few minutes as the mother may have walked around to the front of the pram to adjust it or something.  Just because the mother is out of the baby's sight doesn't mean she has gone away.  No matter what the circumstances, we believe in and trust God because we know that we know that we know that He is there!  Just keep trusting in Him; He will not leave us nor forsake us, even unto the end of the age!  We all go through these times, dear sister.  He wants us to stay with Him, through every circumstance.  Stay faithful, and be blessed sister!

PS - glad to meet you - welcome.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, lunarose said:

Hello, 

Hey lunarose,

thanks for sharing with us your concerns..    and i have good news for you...... all believers have times, seasons, in their walk with the Lord that can seem less, and times that can seem more.   This is just how it is when we practice our faith, as we are always and ever learning how to perform it better.   So, even tho what you are feeling might seem, "not quite right" to you.......it is in fact, ...a fact,... that we walk by faith and not by sight, and the best way to do this is to keep your faith simple and yourself pure.

keeping your self pure, regarding a believer,  is self explanatory , but keeping your faith "simple", may not be quite as obvious...  and to understand this, is to ask yourself...."why did God save you"

Why did He do that?........... He did this because God loves Family, and "God so loved the WORLD"... all of us, so much, that He offered an only Son to prove it.  =  God would have everyone, (the world of all people) to be in His eternal family, and has invited ALL to come and be a part., = all who would kneel at the CROSS.

So, what is Christianity really all about?......well, sure, we should pursue leading others to Christ as our main "work", as that is God's main work, and if we are to be most like Him, then we would do His main work.....of course........But RELATIONSHIP  Wise.....what is the "thing"?...... Well the "thing"  is the Simple Faith....and that is, understanding that God just wants you to love Him Back, with your life. .....Love Him Back With Your LIFE.....    And if  you'll concentrate on doing this, consistently, then given a little time, everything that you need to know right now, will become apparent, if you will make that your  life's "simple faith".

And how can we test ourselves to know if we are really in that place of devout simple faith where God wants us to be?   Well, ask yourself......."is Jesus more real to me TODAY, RIGHT NOW,  then he was 5 months after i was saved,???  2 yrs, 10 yrs, 20 yrs, since ive been saved?

If you cant say....OH YES....then, too much that is not "simple faith", has taken over your Christianity for too long, and its become static.

Correct that.

lunarose, I dont know how old you are, but, i can tell you this, and you can know its true..... In your life, no matter what it is you are going through, it will have a beginning and it will a time its over.   So, whether in your daily life, or in "dry seasons" of your spiritual walk, learn to just abide in them all with simple faith, as everything is  "time" that will pass, and remember to praise the Lord no matter what. 

WE are human, and sometimes we find ourselves so focused on what we want, <><because<><, we have lost focus on what we have been given.....and when that happens, we've lost our "thankful heart".......and sometimes, if we  just correct this wrong thinking and point of view, because we have realized we are just caught up in it all, and have stopped having a thankful heart.....if we will just correct our hearts, then often this will absolutely set everything aright that was "feeling" frustrated and even depressing.

Keeping a heart FULL of thanksgiving, of thankfulness, is the foundation of simple faith.

A christian will say...>"well, how do i love God....i can't see Him"..........well, you love God with your heart, that is ever thankful for what He has done for you., and out of this heart condition, serving Him is such simple faith, perfected.

"simple faith".

We as people, number our time down here as moments, hours, years, .....but God views our time as seasons of change......And we are always in one.....We are always coming out of one and going into the next.......   Change is Life......... And it could be that you are in a spiritual season of transition, where you are being taken from what is finished and you are being moved into what is to come, regarding deepening your spiritual life, as nothing stays the same.....everything changes........ and while it is changing, remember to keep yourself pure, and your faith, simple.

God bless you.

<B><

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/08/1984

During a year long dry spell a stranger told me "You havn't hear God in over a year. (Which was true and boggled me also. ) Then he went on to say "You're at a point in your faith where God has given you what you need to this point- this is God's way of showing faith in YOU. SO stay the course and keep reading your Bible and listening"

So just examine you're heart and see if there is any unforgiveness or hard attitude toward others or the poor...keep a soft heart. Best thing I can tell you, and expect God to show up when the time is right and live out of Grace.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,852
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Do continue to stay in the Word. God "speaks" to use through it most of all. The more we put it in our hearts and minds, the more He "speaks" to us. Lean on that, and not dreams or voices or some such.

Sometimes God's answer is not "no" but is "not now" or "wait." Have patience! Our faith is not blind, but based on an assurance that God always keeps His promises.

God bless!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, BK1110 said:

Do continue to stay in the Word. God "speaks" to use through it most of all. The more we put it in our hearts and minds, the more He "speaks" to us. Lean on that, and not dreams or voices or some such.

Sometimes God's answer is not "no" but is "not now" or "wait." Have patience! Our faith is not blind, but based on an assurance that God always keeps His promises.

God bless!

Some say that when God says” no” He sometimes means”No—- I’ve got something better”

• Thumbs Up 1