Can i accidentally sell my soul?

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hey everybody! I am a 14 year old boy and im an Orthodox Christian. I play alot of video games and when you install and download video games,there are terms and conditions and stuff you gotta agree to.I started searching for keywords "soul" "satan" "devil" just to be sure,when i can't search for keywords in the agreements i read them fully.There is a game i want to download that says there are terms and conditions,but i can not find them since there is no link on their website.Anyway,if i randomly agree to every terms and conditions could i actually sell my soul? I am really worried

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Shalom Lazar,

First of all, I want to welcome you to WCF!  If you need anything just ask!  :)

Secondly, as far as video games are concerned -- if you have a conscience objection to playing the game -- that's a warning -- and you'll have to discern if it's something that you should avoid.

As far as "selling your soul" due to a Terms and Conditions -- I wouldn't be concerned with this.  However, I would be concerned though that you don't know for certain that you're in the Kingdom!

The gospel message is simple -- Repent -- which means to turn from your sins  -- and believe -- which means to utterly entrust your soul -- that Jesus died, rose again, and in Him alone, you can find the forgiveness of sins!

May the Lord grant you His peace -- the peace that passes all understanding -- so that you may find rest for your soul!

If you have any more questions, there are a great many solid believers on the forums!

God bless,

George

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Of more concern are video games that promote evil things--devils, killing and the dark side.  The Scriptures tell us to focus on things that are good, and that our treasures should be in heaven.  Video games should not become a god to you.  Your life should revolve around Christ and not around the things of the world.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/29/1981

No you can't sell your soul

Edited by HumbleServantofChrist

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/08/1984

If they don't give you 5 dollars in return for your soul...nope. You're not signing away your soul. Still got it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 5/31/2018 at 2:00 PM, Lazar said:

Hey everybody! I am a 14 year old boy and im an Orthodox Christian. I play alot of video games and when you install and download video games,there are terms and conditions and stuff you gotta agree to.I started searching for keywords "soul" "satan" "devil" just to be sure,when i can't search for keywords in the agreements i read them fully.There is a game i want to download that says there are terms and conditions,but i can not find them since there is no link on their website.Anyway,if i randomly agree to every terms and conditions could i actually sell my soul? I am really worried

No problem, your soul has already been sold, in the Garden, to Satan. NOW is your chance to have Jesus redeem it, simply for the asking! Trust Jesus, He died a horrible death by torture on the cross and rose from the dead to pay for our sin, guilt and shame.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 5/31/2018 at 2:00 PM, Lazar said:

Hi, welcome, great and very serious question for you to ask. I am impressed that at age 14 you know enough to read terms and conditions before merrily agreeing to anything for temporary gain and pleasure.

You state you watch for key words and that is fine, but also watch for more than just that, watch for the gain you get  from agreeing and ask of God what you are giving back in return. Yes, you certainly can end up selling your soul for temporary pleasure and for gain on this earth.

Your Bible tells you of one that did so.  I could share of that example, but since you say you actually fully read  those agreements, I am going to simply leave you a link to a sermon on the subject, one by the prince of pastors Charles Spurgeon titled Warning and Encouragement.  Please read it all. Please note the second half is encouragement.

The link: http://thekingdomcollective.com/spurgeon/sermon/3111/

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

By the way there is legal precedent in both the Bible and in USA civil law that does not allow holding a minor ( a person under the age of majority, age 18 in the USA court systems, and in the Bible the age of accountability  not defined but commonly considered to be age 13) for any contract whatsoever that they may sign, even if they continue in the terms of the contract  after they do reach age 18.

A California USA supreme court ruling on Joan  Brodell vs Warner Brothers established that no minor can be held to a contract even though the minor may have benefitted from the contract and even though the minor may have since reached an age of majority. See: https://law.justia.com/cases/california/supreme-court/2d/31/766.html .

Oh memories of Business Law Class from a half century ago. I drew the short straw and got that particular case  to research and report upon. My professor grilled me on it for the full two and half hours of our evening class. Each student was to have looked up a one paragraph decision and report on it. With one being an exception a multi page summary- it was mine of course. The professor started the evening with - Who has the Brodell Vs Warner Bros. case? I stood up, and was still standing answering his questions  the whole evening, while the rest of the class relaxed. Fortunately for me the case had engaged my deep interest as I did a lot of sales  contract work at the time, and I had prepared for hours sensing I was about to get the grilling of the semester from this professor.

The point of that little digression is that yes you can sell your soul, but you also have a concept of law that states one must have reached an age of accountability to be held responsible, in both Rabbinical religious law tradition as well as in civil law of some nations, states  and government entities.

------

Age of accountability is not precisely defined in the Bible- BUT the fact that each of us are born of sin and in sin is established. We may not be accountable for our sin as an infant, but we are sinful, and sin filled from even before our birth none the less.   By hearing and heeding the call from God the Holy Spirit to our own personal repentance from sin against God, and via the acceptance of the covering of our sin by the shed blood of our creator Jesus it is Jesus to which we "sell our soul". Once sold it cannot be lost for it is safe in the hands of Jesus who does not lose a one that His father has given Him as His flock. He is the Good Shepherd that laid down his life for His sheep.

--------

Simply put; sell out for Jesus! And gain life eternal with God.

Edited by Neighbor

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.70

NOT possible as your soul does not belong to you,  so you can not sell.  Lose it, yes.  But it goes back to the One who gave it.  

Ezekiel 18:4 Behold, ALL SOULS ARE MINE; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

(Picture this - I hope you have been taught

Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things that that of Abel.

Hebrews 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

Hebrews 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

Hebrews 12:27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Hebrews 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Psalm 5:4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.

The Brightness of His coming destroys Satan.  Can you imagine "a being" (a nothing but evil one)  walking up to a consuming FIRE. 

And poof, just like, that he was gone. 

So,  no.  Should have seen how much I erased.  

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

@DeighAnn Impressive dredging of the archives, if I may say so. 

The topic reminds me of this verse:

King James Bible
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

• Haha 1