• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

While is can be asserted that the Assembly referred to Israel clear back in Sinai, the focus is "I will build MY assembly" stated by Yeshua.  "will" being a future tense word and "my" being a special possessive.  So the Ekklesia, Assembly, Church clearly is something that is exclusive to Yeshua.  And Yeshua instructed His followers to wait in Jerusalem for the HS to come, which He did on Shavuot (Pentecost).  I believe it was at that point the Assembly of Yeshua came into true existence as a definable entity.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

On 7/1/2018 at 4:09 PM, Willa said:

Several questions come to mind.

1. Where there saved individuals before the Church?
  2. Did the people John the Baptist baptized need to be re-baptized in the Church to be obedient to Jesus' words?
  3. When the 70 were sent out by Jesus, where some saved before the Church started at Pentecost?

1. Yes; but by different standards Eph. 2:8

2. No: John the Baptist was a Christian; hence his Baptisms although theologically incomplete; were nevertheless Valid even if not licit.  Salvation for THEM would have been accounted for in a similar manner as OT salvation was possible by a Just God.

Of NOTE: These Baptisms were prior to John 3:5 and Mt 28: 19

These souls could then be rebaptized with the new Commanded manner of Mt 28:19 

3.  Salvation is a lifetime PROCESS, so they were in the process of being "saved."

God Bless you,

Patrick

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,436
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/31/2018 at 9:42 PM, JoeChan82 said:

I think that the church began with Jesus and His disciples.  That seems to fit the definition of a called out assembly with Jesus Christ as the head.  I have seen posts in other threads where it is stated that the church began on the day of Pentecost.  I think that the church existed before Pentecost and was empowered by the Holy Spirit and members added.

Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

I am not dogmatic about my position on this and really want to hear from others.  There must be some ramifications to which position one holds, but I don't know what they are. I wrote a Statement of Faith once in view of a call and was corrected on this and the man correcting me was very insistent. I don't understand why this is so important, but I want to know. 

My take:

Matthew 16:18 (KJV) And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

My take:

Matthew 16:18 (KJV) And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

and just what does that mean.....    is he going to build the Church on Peter...…     or what was the rock....     and who really did most of the work starting the church....   Paul.....   John....  Peter......

Where were they when this was stated?

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,436
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, other one said:

and just what does that mean.....    is he going to build the Church on Peter...…     or what was the rock....     and who really did most of the work starting the church....   Paul.....   John....  Peter......

Where were they when this was stated?

Need I really explain it all? I'm not Catholic.

The 'law of first mention' of the church, by the Lord Himself. Peter was the very first apostle to confess by revelation of the Holy Spirit, that: Matthew 16:16 (KJV) And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 

Thereby, by that statement that was revealed to Simon Peter by the Holy Spirit, Christ (the Rock and Foundation) will build His church on that statement of fact. 

What does the most work of the apostles have to do with establishing the exact time the church was founded and by whom? I quoted one verse on when I believe the moment of the church (body of Christ) was established. 

Where were they when Jesus spoke this verse? All His apostles were with Him, Saul was still Saul and doing what he did best, persecuting the Jews. 

If I were Catholic, I'd be giving you a much different answer.

Sabe? 

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

When did the Church begin

The Church began in Acts 2.1, when 120 people were  all with one accord in one place.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 6/1/2018 at 12:42 PM, JoeChan82 said:

I think that the church began with Jesus and His disciples.  That seems to fit the definition of a called out assembly with Jesus Christ as the head.  I have seen posts in other threads where it is stated that the church began on the day of Pentecost.  I think that the church existed before Pentecost and was empowered by the Holy Spirit and members added.

Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

I am not dogmatic about my position on this and really want to hear from others.  There must be some ramifications to which position one holds, but I don't know what they are. I wrote a Statement of Faith once in view of a call and was corrected on this and the man correcting me was very insistent. I don't understand why this is so important, but I want to know. 

One needs to understand the word church is our English translation. The word church is translating the Greek word ekklesia called out, but in Greek culture this can be a calling out or meeting together for any occasion not just a "religious meeting". In the Septuagint which is the Greek translation of the OT ekklesia is found many times. What also needs to be understood is the ekklesia is translating some Hebrew words that our English words call assembly and congregation. Hebrew words are qahal or edah which are the Hebrew for assembly and congregation. 

In the light of this the church has been around since Mt Sinai it is not a NT thing. Our modern Bibles are translations of Hebrew and Greek. Has caused a lot of misinterpretation and doctrine.

Hope this helps

Shalom Friend

Ancient

• Thumbs Up 1