Tree of Life

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Is the Tree of Life still on the earth or was it later removed? Does the Bible ever speak of it again? Will it have a future purpose? 

Genesis 3 Verse 24 says: After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

Some look at the tree of life as a metaphor for spiritual knowledge / life. Food that you take in.

For instance, it wasn't the fruit from the tree of good and evil that caused spiritual death, rather it was the learning/ knowledge of sin taken in to the spirit as a consequence of breaking that one rule, that caused spiritual death. The tree of life would be the learning/ knowledge of righteousness.

It's the same thing for the skin that God gave Adam and Eve to cover their nakedness . It represents the life given (blood spilled) to cover over the shame of their sin. The blood, from then until Jesus, was never to be drank because it contains the life....then Jesus says 'Drink my blood' (take in my spiritual life) Joh 6:54

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Eating from the tree of life in this fallen condition would be a ticket to eternal damnation.

This is why A&E were banished from Eden and an angel with a flaming sword dispatched to guard it.

I imagine it was killed off, or uprooted and taken to heaven very shortly afterwards.

• This is Worthy 1