Rewards and Punishment

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

From what I understand, there are different degrees of rewards in Heaven and punishment in Hell. Does this mean that those Christians who do fewer good works here on Earth as opposed to those who did lots of good works, will suffer greater losses in Heaven and will there be grief with this losses and vice versa for Hell?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/1/2018 at 3:38 PM, SmoothRiverFlow said:

From what I understand, there are different degrees of rewards in Heaven and punishment in Hell. Does this mean that those Christians who do fewer good works here on Earth as opposed to those who did lots of good works, will suffer greater losses in Heaven and will there be grief with this losses and vice versa for Hell?

I’m of the mind that to the degree that a believer has Christ formed in them in the here and now. It is to that degree, will the believer shine or be able to manifest Christ for all eternity. Scripture does say there are degrees of glory. Will a believer wish he had more of Christ formed in him? I think it’s a possibility? All will be satisfied. But their works will be made  manifest, those that are done in God and those that weren’t. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Butero said:

Jesus encourages us to lay up treasures in heaven, so naturally, if we do not do that, we will have few rewards if any when we get there.  People that dedicate their whole lives to serving the Lord will have more rewards.  

Will there be a sense of “man I wish I had more rewards”...almost an envy?

I ask because the idea of different levels of perfect paradise does not make a lot of sense.  

If the main reward is being with God for all eternity vice burning in hell for all eternity...will anyone care if they are with God in a small mansion vice a larger one?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 6/1/2018 at 3:38 PM, SmoothRiverFlow said:

If a question is being asked for which one wants to find an answer, I suggest doing some Bible reading which includes a topical study of crown(s), garland(s) and running of the race(s). As a beginning there are: 

"Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life."

"Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have love"

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.  So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air.  But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."

-And then ponder the paths of your feet-

• Thanks 1

Ha, I awoke this morning to a surprise light rain just a slow trickle  on the windows that was not predicted for today. Somehow that slow rhythm got me to thinking about the tune or hymn Down to The River To Pray [Alison Krauss] ...and who shall wear the robe and crown...the starry crown...

I have a supposition, but one without full defense, so it is mere conjecture, never the less:

Lucifier the most beautiful of God's creation lost it all to slither on his belly because he gained pride to keep to and for himself. He had great status, but he desired more and so he schemed against his very creator (Jesus) and God the Father struck him down to be used as a lesson for all of creation to behold forever in eternity forward. He is Satan who is used of God to show all of the rest of creation that God is sovereign over all that He creates, that He is a jealous God and will suffer no other god's above Him. He rewards those He has foreknown and predestined to be saved out from his wrath, those of the flock of Jesus, of whom Jesus loses not a one.

There is reward for those that have heard not only the general call of God that is spoken in all that may be seen and imagined in His creation as all of it shouts out of His glory, but also the very specific call by the Holy Spirit, who is God, to each individual to hear and heed, or to be rejected. That call being the time to be saved by God by His mercy alone, that time to stop rebelling against God and to repent in deepest humility from the arrogance of denying Jesus is Lord and savior. If heeded, at that moment there is great joy and even great awesome fear for the recognition of the blessing and the escaped consequence of being without Jesus and instead having been led by God to the security of being saved by Jesus, who is God, blood sacrifice alone. To being fully redeemed, fully atoned, at that moment and sealed to a new birth of the spirit or born again while still in the flesh. From there the race likened to the Olympic race is run, at the the end of the race there is either victory that is meritorious or victory that has none an actually shameful victory. The meritorious victor of the race receives garlands or crowns from the emperor which the recipient places publicly nd immediately at the feet of the emperor to acknowledge both  the love of the higher authority and also the absolute subserviant nature of the victor of the race. The race having been won not with the motive of  glorious reward for self, but always instead for the Glory of God.

So my conjecture based upon supposition is that like that runner of the Olympics of old, it is the manner in which the race is run and won that matters most for the reward is for the glory  of God alone and not for the runner that wins it.  HUMILITY may be the key to  the number of crowns received to place at the feet of Jesus.

All of the above is just an emotion, a composite visual of my minds eye, of the incredible privilege each saint is given at the moment the Holy Spirit makes His specific call to repentance, and evidently also places  running sandals on the then born again saint, - and the Olympic race begins.  ( It is not a doctrinal statement at all ).  Crowns, wreaths, garlands, all that they may be or be called are gained for the sole good purpose of giving Glory to God, (and for the soothing of one's own soul too). For it is soothing through all the tribulations of life while still limited by the challenges of the corruptible flesh.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

"God regards the greatness of the love that prompts the man, rather the greatness of his achievement"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On 6/2/2018 at 5:38 AM, SmoothRiverFlow said:

Your first point about varying rewards does have Biblical support.. But your point about varying punishments in eternity does not seem to have any Biblical support.. All those who will not be gifted eternity with God will be cast into the same Lake Of Fire where they will be in torment forever and ever.. So it seems that all those who are damned will suffer the same..

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

when the reward is seen for what the reward 'IS': The ability to give in a public arena a witness of love back to Jesus for what He has done for me … who wouldn't want this? Only those who are holding to 1st born concepts of self and self alone... God's Word sets us free and it is our job to make sure that freedom extends all the way to the exit of this place :)
John 8:35 (KJV)
[35] And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
[36] If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed

what is done today is left here
2 Timothy 1:12 (KJV)

[12] For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

And tomorrow, with the new mercy of the morning, I am granted, by My Father in heaven to do even more to this end :)  If this reality doesn't wiggle deep joy in your heart check the sin factor in your life … confess it and get going with the greatest privilege given to the created being that of Glorifying The Son!

On 6/5/2018 at 9:42 AM, Adstar said:

Your first point about varying rewards does have Biblical support.. But your point about varying punishments in eternity does not seem to have any Biblical support.. All those who will not be gifted eternity with God will be cast into the same Lake Of Fire where they will be in torment forever and ever.. So it seems that all those who are damned will suffer the same..

What do you consider to be Biblical evidence of greater rewards?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/1/2018 at 10:38 PM, SmoothRiverFlow said:

The saveds are vary from the highest capability until the lowest such that suffer mentally illness , the reward for them are equal each one likened such receive a penny.

The deed of them that worthy in the eyes of God surely God Him self who did it.

Isa26:12 LORD, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us

Phl2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure

Rom7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not

Isa64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away

And wrath for the looser surely lof.

Edited by adhidw