• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

40 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

What do you consider to be Biblical evidence of greater rewards?

There are a few scriptures that point to varying rewards.. This of course does not include salvation..

Anyone who believes Jesus and trusts in the atonement He secured for them will be saved..

Matthew 5: KJV

19 "Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

So both will be in the kingdom of Heaven. But one will be called Great while the other one will be called least..

In the parable of Jesus::

Luke 19: KJV

12"He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. {13} And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. {14} But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. {15} And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. {16} Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds. {17} And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. {18} And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds. {19} And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities."

In the above parable both servants where rewarded by the LORD upon his return and where given authority.. But one received 10 cities and the other 5 cities ..   I believe the pound given to them represents the Gospel and their trading represents their witnessing to others the Gospel..

Matthew 16:LKV

27 "For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works."

Revelation 22

"{12} And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. {13} I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Thanks for the response.

If one is to take Revelation 22:12 as indication of degrees of reward according to work should not one also take Rev. 20:13 of Rev. 20: 11-15 as having the same value regarding punishment? And if so, doesn't that  provide indication of degrees of reward/punishment at both heaven and hell?

Judgment Before the Great White Throne

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. 13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. 14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Thanks for the response.

If one is to take Revelation 22:12 as indication of degrees of reward according to work should not one also take Rev. 20:13 of Rev. 20: 11-15 as having the same value regarding punishment? And if so, doesn't that  provide indication of degrees of reward/punishment at both heaven and hell?

Judgment Before the Great White Throne

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. 13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. 14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

great and small, standing before the throne

The great refer to Devils/Satan (vessels of wrath) , the small refer to the losers they prior were His , their names also were written in the book of life before the creation of the world but no longer there when they failed in their journey in this earth like such the deads in the desert in Mosses age their names eventually being blotted  .

Rev22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Many positions are there in NHNE , it must be occupied by a suitable person according to what kinds of Deeds that God gave during their life so there is nothing to do with their own works.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/3/2018 at 12:55 PM, Yowm said:

If the believer's good works are a result of faith there will be rewards, but if it is a result of self effort there will be a loss of rewards.. The believer is not concerned with hell except for those who are heading there.

Could you elaborate on this Yowm. I assumed 'good' works were 'good', especially those that came from someone who was putting forth 'self' effort to please God. Done in 'faith' because what God has done, in love, for us. Not done in order to obtain, but done because we believe He has done it all. The scriptures do say God can be angry by what someone does. It also says God is pleased by what others have done. As we are not robots, than do we get credit for doing a 'good work', or does God? We can do all things in Christ. I live, but not I, but Christ. I choose to live in Christ-or not. The work is influenced/enabled by God. But the good work is decided to be done by the doer. Or not?  What say ye?