Sign in to follow this  
MadHermit

Mad Hermit comes out of his shell!

I am a retired UMC pastor. Prior to that, for 12 years, I was a Theology professor at a Catholic university.  I grew up in Canada, attended college there, and then attended seminary (Princeton) and a doctoral program in New Testament, Judaism, and Greco-Roman backgrounds in the USA (Harvard), and I currently live in Washington state.  I was raised in a Pentecostal church and have experienced most of the gifts of the Spirit listed by Paul.  I look forward to my interactions on this site.

• Thumbs Up 4

Welcome to Worthy, MadHermit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello, my name is Gabbie and I'm new here..I've been looking for a long time for a Christian place ..being retired and not in the best of health, I look for peace and encouragement by prayer and studying God's Word..The Lord has brought me through so many difficult times and rocky places..I appreciate a safe place to read and sometimes ask questions...having recently moved back to my hometown area, I'm looking for a Methodist or Presbyterian Church to attend....thank you for having this good place , so glad to find it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying for You! 1

8 hours ago, MadHermit said:

I am a retired UMC pastor. Prior to that, for 12 years, I was a Theology professor at a Catholic university.  I grew up in Canada, attended college there, and then attended seminary (Princeton) and a doctoral program in New Testament, Judaism, and Greco-Roman backgrounds in the USA (Harvard), and I currently live in Washington state.  I was raised in a Pentecostal church and have experienced most of the gifts of the Spirit listed by Paul.  I look forward to my interactions on this site.

Welcome! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

There is only one way to perceive God
welcome building upon Bible 245 smal.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

7CIv.gif MadHermit🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

I have been reading a lot here and an really happy to have found this place..I have studied much over my lifetime but am still learning..

I thank God many times everyday, for being in a peaceful place..this morning I am watching the movie, The Case for Christ...I'd started the 

Book a few years ago but had to leave it behind when I moved.,

• Thumbs Up 1