Not me

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

All things fall into one of two categories; good or evil, light or darkness, righteousness or unrighteousness. All these are just different words describing the same thing.  That which is pleasing to God and that which isn’t. Scripture says; God is Holy and in Him is no darkness. He is perfect in all His ways. It is to this perfection we have been called. All of our actions fall into one of these categories. All believers have Christ living in them calling them to this perfection. It is to the degree one yields themselves to the call of God in their hearts, to that degree is the believer listening to the Spirit of Christ in them. The Spirit is given that Christ would be manifested in the life of the believers. This “Christ being formed” in the believer is only according to the believers desire after it, but only according to the believers desire. If a believer desires to run head strong into self, self will be the result, but Christ will not be. Scripture says to whom you yield yourself servants to obey his servants you are. Light or darkness, life or death, good or evil has been put before man. It is to the degree one desires one over the other to that degree will their desires be manifested in their lives. Than each person will be shown what type of work they have built. Wood, hay, stubble or a foundation built firmly on the foundation that is eternal, which is “Christ in us the hope of Glory”. Let us as those that lay claim to Christ press in with all our hearts to the one Who has made such a salvation available to us. 

much love in Christ, Not me. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, interesting, but  I find I likely dis-agree, at least to some degree (Can there be shades of disagreement? LOL). I'll leave it at that, well maybe a simple thought or two as some things just aren't worth a lot of discussion for at the end nothing much changes. I'll simply state that as I understand it, all fall short of the glory of God.

None are perfect, none seek God, There is no glory in being good by comparison to what is perceived as being bad or less good, for a flaw is a flaw and all fall short then of God's standard which as perfection. It then being by God alone that any are seen as perfect and only by the cover of the shed blood of His Son  our Lord Jesus.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Not me said:

All things fall into one of two categories; good or evil, light or darkness, righteousness or unrighteousness. All these are just different words describing the same thing.  That which is pleasing to God and that which isn’t. Scripture says; God is Holy and in Him is no darkness. He is perfect in all His ways. It is to this perfection we have been called. All of our actions fall into one of these categories. All believers have Christ living in them calling them to this perfection. It is to the degree one yields themselves to the call of God in their hearts, to that degree is the believer listening to the Spirit of Christ in them. The Spirit is given that Christ would be manifested in the life of the believers. This “Christ being formed” in the believer is only according to the believers desire after it, but only according to the believers desire. If a believer desires to run head strong into self, self will be the result, but Christ will not be. Scripture says to whom you yield yourself servants to obey his servants you are. Light or darkness, life or death, good or evil has been put before man. It is to the degree one desires one over the other to that degree will their desires be manifested in their lives. Than each person will be shown what type of work they have built. Wood, hay, stubble or a foundation built firmly on the foundation that is eternal, which is “Christ in us the hope of Glory”. Let us as those that lay claim to Christ press in with all our hearts to the one Who has made such a salvation available to us. 

much love in Christ, Not me. 

All things have degrees, as it were.   Light and darkness has varying levels of both.  Most people have never seen total darkness.  

While there is no darkness is God, we are told that there are things that He calls abominations, and other things that He does not term that way.   Lying is "evil", except when it is done to save the lives of two spies in the Bible.

God list things that He loves, seemingly more than other "good" things.

Very little in life is black or white.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

1 hour ago, Not me said:

It is to the degree one yields themselves to the call of God in their hearts, to that degree is the believer listening to the Spirit of Christ in them. The Spirit is given that Christ would be manifested in the life of the believers. This “Christ being formed” in the believer is only according to the believers desire after it, but only according to the believers desire.

Rev 3:15  I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3`:16  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
This scripture above has always led me to think God wants us involved in His plan of creation, and not sitting on the bench. Either hot, either cold. Cold, refreshing and nourishing. Hot, useful and healing. Lukewarm, of no worth. Wrong desires. Self.
When we abide (yield to Him), in the vine, the Father prunes us, cleans us, then we bear much fruit. This glorifies the Father. Like you say Not Me, then Christ is then manifested, by our/His fruit. We bear that which He supplies, but only by abiding.  Joh 15:4
  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Tit_3:14  And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful.............See above

43 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

None are perfect, none seek God, There is no glory in being good by comparison to what is perceived as being bad or less good, for a flaw is a flaw and all fall short then of God's standard which as perfection.

Agreed, None are perfect.
Nobody I know claims to be perfect. However, we can be pleasing in the sight of God. Reaching out....

Mat_5:16  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Eph_2:10  For
we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

2Ti_3:17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.    

Heb_10:24  And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:, especially on the forum.       :)

5 hours ago, Running Gator said:

All things have degrees, as it were.   Light and darkness has varying levels of both.  Most people have never seen total darkness.  

While there is no darkness is God, we are told that there are things that He calls abominations, and other things that He does not term that way.   Lying is "evil", except when it is done to save the lives of two spies in the Bible.

You are correct, as seen through human eyes;

“in this life there is very little that is black or white”.

But this is only true in this creation. 

Seen though Gods eyes, there is only black or white. Good or evil. We are told to judge thing righteously, we are to judge them as God sees them.

It is only in this creation that you and I inhabit, there are degrees, or shades, or a mixture of light and darkness. For when God added light to the darkness to create the world that you and I inhabit, proves this. A mixture of both light and darkness. (this is why there’s evil in this world), But in God,  there is only righteousness or goodness or light, all being the same thing, “the perfection of God”. It is to this perfection, we as believers have been called. “Be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect”. There is no mixture in God,  only in this temporary fallen creation. But we  have been called out of this creation to live in God, and not judge thing according to the worldly system of things. We are told  to judge righteously according to Gods judgement, that we may be His children. 

2 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Rev 3:15  I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3`:16  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
This scripture above has always led me to think God wants us involved in His plan of creation, and not sitting on the bench. Either hot, either cold. Cold, refreshing and nourishing. Hot, useful and healing. Lukewarm, of no worth. Wrong desires. Self.
When we abide (yield to Him), in the vine, the Father prunes us, cleans us, then we bear much fruit. This glorifies the Father. Like you say Not Me, then Christ is then manifested, by our/His fruit. We bear that which He supplies, but only by abiding.  Joh 15:4
  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Tit_3:14  And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful.............See above

Agreed, None are perfect.
Nobody I know claims to be perfect. However, we can be pleasing in the sight of God. Reaching out....

Mat_5:16  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Eph_2:10  For
we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

2Ti_3:17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.    

Heb_10:24  And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:, especially on the forum.       :)

I agree, scripture says to “work out your own salvation with fear and trembling” so there is an active part believers need to play. We are told “to whom you give yourself up to, to him you are servants”. and again “be careful how you build on the foundation”. So the gift of life is a free gift from God, but it’s up to the believer what he does with the gift.  For Gods Grace falls on both the evil and the good equally. As He said “I have put before you life or death, therefore choose life”. But it’s up to the individual which one he chooses. As it is up to the believer how much Christ he would have formed in him. 

Much love in Christ, Not me   

On 6/2/2018 at 2:19 PM, Not me said:

You are correct, as seen through human eyes;

“in this life there is very little that is black or white”.

But this is only true in this creation. 

Seen though Gods eyes, there is only black or white. Good or evil. We are told to judge thing righteously, we are to judge them as God sees them.

It is only in this creation that you and I inhabit, there are degrees, or shades, or a mixture of light and darkness. For when God added light to the darkness to create the world that you and I inhabit, proves this. A mixture of both light and darkness. (this is why there’s evil in this world), But in God,  there is only righteousness or goodness or light, all being the same thing, “the perfection of God”. It is to this perfection, we as believers have been called. “Be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect”. There is no mixture in God,  only in this temporary fallen creation. But we  have been called out of this creation to live in God, and not judge thing according to the worldly system of things. We are told  to judge righteously according to Gods judgement, that we may be His children. 

We can only judge by what we know and what we are.  We are the fallen creation, thus there is a mixture in us. 

Guest shiloh357
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:56 AM, Yowm said:

Or would you say lying is always evil, but in Rahab's case she chose the lesser of two evils?

Bible never excuses or affirms her lies. The Bible never portrays lying as acceptable in certain situations.

On 6/3/2018 at 6:20 PM, Running Gator said:

We can only judge by what we know and what we are.  We are the fallen creation, thus there is a mixture in us. 

The old creation died when Christ died. We are now to reckon ourself alive onto God that the New Birth might grow and manifest Christ in our lives. Seeing how we are a New Creation we should being forth fruit accordingly. One would be, to judge all things correctly and righteously. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, Running Gator said:

In this reasoning God cannot exist because it necessitates evil... or worse makes evil good and good evil at varying times.
The understanding of where we are is first to understand The God Who 'IS', the only of His Kind, created all else and 'IS' in Himself unbounded by finite concepts- simply we cannot know Him fully at this time! This should cause us to proceed with great caution for the war that is being waged here upon our place of beginning is being done by a created being much greater than we called satan…. 

1 Cor 8:2
2 And if any man think that he knoweth anything, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

KJV
To enter into this truth would be to relegate our puffed up -ness- into the humility of a child properly to that of belonging to God! All peoples in this present  state of confusion of lie verse truth is being played out here because of each and everyone of us are guilty of giving lie place... The magnitude of this reality and the power of lie is found in part by the infinite nature of truth- there is plenty without end for satan to pervert into lie! However the weakness of the lie is by fact empowered by a created being through perversion of truth realizing that The Lord has placed into a time line and an eternal place for keeping called hell... 

10 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Bible never excuses or affirms her lies. The Bible never portrays lying as acceptable in certain situations.

And yet Rahab is in the "Faith Hall of Fame" and her main claim to fame is her lie.