• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/15/1960

I was online and saw a post (not here) from an evangelist that he stated that it is according to God's word that those in the ministry are not to make a living on spreading the gospel. He did not give his justification for this though. However, I believe that those in the ministry should be supported for doing so and 1 Timothy 5:18 does seem to support this. What do you think? 

Guest shiloh357
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:21 PM, Berean said:

I was online and saw a post (not here) from an evangelist that he stated that it is according to God's word that those in the ministry are not to make a living on spreading the gospel. He did not give his justification for this though. However, I believe that those in the ministry should be supported for doing so and 1 Timothy 5:18 does seem to support this. What do you think? 

Many pastors don't take any pay and some are bi-vocational and work a regular secular job.  80% of evangelical churches have less than 100 members and pay only a minimal amount and cannot support their pastor.  

Pastors have needs like home, car, health and life insurance like anyone else.  They have to raise kids and pay for school clothes and groceries and go to the dentist just like everyone else.   So if a church can help out, it is a good thing. 

Genuine pastors have no desire to be rich or drive BMW's.   They don't want to be famous; they just want to make a difference.