Worried about the unpardonable sin.

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello, I just joined today so it’s nice to meet everyone.

I have been so worried about committing the unpardonable sin today, and it’s very saddening because I was just becoming very content in my walk with Christ because i had been struggling with salvation doubt which I had finally got over.

I was reading where the Pharisees was accusing Jesus of, you know, I don’t really want to write it down. I have struggled with blasphemous thoughts before, but not like this.

Today I’ve been having thoughts that I agree with what the pharisees said, but I know I don’t mean them but I’m scared I did. I was also having thoughts that were tempting God. I’m very scared I’m doomed for eternity. I asked the Lord to forgive me for these thoughts, but I’m still worried.

Thanks for any replies.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

From what I have been told and understand, that the unforgivable sin is not something that just happens out of the blue or a random thought that enters your mind, but a premeditated or deliberate act of knowing who he was and what he was about and willfully rejecting him anyways, as the pharisees were self righteous zealots. I to struggle with these kind of thoughts and they somewhat border on OCD disorder. I remind myself that these thoughts that do come into my head, are based on anxiety and not my true intent and what's in my heart.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  31
  • Birthday:  10/29/1981

If you are still worried about it than I would say you haven't. It would take someone who does not care anymore.

Edited by HumbleServantofChrist

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  25

On 6/2/2018 at 9:48 PM, Yowm said:

Welcome to Worthy Lexmhll and praying for you.

They say if you are worried about it, most likely you haven't committed it. The Pharisees were hell bent against Jesus with no conscience but to crucify Him. I doubt you are there yet.

Welcome, lexmhll. Peace be with you. No one need fear committing the unpardonable sin referenced in Mark 3:28-30 & Matthew 12:31-32 if they have truely accepted Christ as their Savior. The unforgivable sin you speak of is the blasphemous action of refusing to accept the witness of the Holy Spirit as to who Jesus was, and for what purpose He had come. The Pharisees listened to Jesus' words & teachings, and then rejected the Holy Spirit’s witness to the truths He spoke, and to His very deity. Rejecting Jesus is unpardonable, and Jesus equated that to blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

The bottom line- if we freely & sincerely accept Jesus as our Lord & Savior, we Do Not, Nor Shall We Ever Be Guilty Of  blaspheming the Holy Spirit; because we have believed in the Holy Spirit's message and testimony to the truth.

I pray this explanation brings closure of this issue to your mind, and peace to your spirit. 

Edited by JackTruther
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

The unpardonable sin is to reject trusting in Jesus as Savior. Any Christian who disagrees should not Jesus said this is the ONE thing that can cause a soul to be lost.

Read John 3 today. Trust Jesus for salvation!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

My personal take about the unpardonable sin, for what it's worth, is that it involves a total and utter rejection of Christ. i.e. if you committed it, you wouldn't be worried that you may have done it. You'd, quite literally, HOPE you'd done it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

On 6/3/2018 at 3:43 AM, lexmhll said:

Hello, I just joined today so it’s nice to meet everyone.

I have been so worried about committing the unpardonable sin today, and it’s very saddening because I was just becoming very content in my walk with Christ because i had been struggling with salvation doubt which I had finally got over.

I was reading where the Pharisees was accusing Jesus of, you know, I don’t really want to write it down. I have struggled with blasphemous thoughts before, but not like this.

Today I’ve been having thoughts that I agree with what the pharisees said, but I know I don’t mean them but I’m scared I did. I was also having thoughts that were tempting God. I’m very scared I’m doomed for eternity. I asked the Lord to forgive me for these thoughts, but I’m still worried.

Thanks for any replies.

Ref: Mark 3:28-30 & Matthew 12:31-32 

Welcome @Lexmhll,

You have received some good replies, which will possibly make mine unnecessary: however I thank @jackvarner for supplying the references, for I was thinking of another verse which causes disquiet to many from Hebrews.

Thoughts like you have been experiencing are not yours alone, we have all had to battle with thoughts that are designed to bring disquiet and doubt, and weaken our faith, and we know who is the author of them.  

These thoughts are like birds, we cannot stop them trying to roost in the branches of our mind, but we can stop them building their nests there, by not giving them the advantage of even considering them, but recognizing what they, dismiss them as untrue. Moving on in faith in the finished work of Christ our Saviour.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus

Chris