How much longer?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello, I'm a 19 year old female and I feel so down and frustrated. I've been a christian since I was 14. I accepted Jesus Christ at one of the worst points in my life. Even though I grew up as a PK (preacher Kid) I go to a christian university, I initially went to study pre-med but the Lord called me out of that major and it was a fight for myself because I kept trying to compromise doing something medical for my family and do something for God when he clearly did not want me in that field. After a whole year of getting closer to God and learning to hear his voice I'm now studying to do christian psychology and hopefully in the future do missionary work in Mexico and Hawaii.

The thing is lately I have hit this really low point in my life. I don't have many friends, one at most. I feel super unwanted and just worthless. I know none of this is true and I know Jesus loves me very much but I haven't felt or heard God in what feels like months. I feel like I've hit such a dry season and I really don't know what to do anymore. People are being so mean to me lately and I've tried praying and asking people why and I get no answers. My home life seems to be at its worse and I just don't know what to do. Everything in my life seems to be going backwards from eveyrthing God initially promised me. Any advice or prayers would be nice. Thank you

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Your faith is being tested, it's not going to be fun and easy all the time so what you see as a "dry spell" know that it is in PRECISELY those moments that you have to hold on to him. These moments are what makes faith stronger, just as the stress on our muscles make us stronger when he use them, it's uncomfortable yes, but keep on persevering and you will be stronger for it.  

Keep in mind that the plan is that you will become unpopular and hated by the world, if they murdered the prophets for doing good and preaching truth, don't think that you will be better off in saying what they said, if you preach what the prophets preached then you will become unwanted just like the prophets, just like Christ. 

Your faith must be tested, so look forward to the hard parts because that is when you're supposed to shine and carry on in faith... don't look for worldly fellowship or care that you're not popular. The prophets were unwanted, as was Christ, being unwanted by this world is a good thing and you should count on it.

You might only have one friend, but that makes you all the more blessed for having that one. Take it with grace that God gave them to you, because you weren't far from an alternative where they wouldn't have been present. So consider yourself very very lucky to have them, and receive them with gratitude because they may well have came from the heavenly one above who took pity on you, be happy in that and beware of wanting more than what's given to you from above.

Anyways, IMO i think you're just going through some testing times that require endurance, don't look too far into the future and take it one day at a time, as it is said: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

2Co 1:3  ESV  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,

2Co 1:4  who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

2Co 1:5  For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.

1Pe 1:5  who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

1Pe 1:6  In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials,

1Pe 1:7  so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

6 hours ago, secretopossumcabal said:

Your faith is being tested, it's not going to be fun and easy all the time so what you see as a "dry spell" know that it is in PRECISELY those moments that you have to hold on to him. These moments are what makes faith stronger, just as the stress on our muscles make us stronger when he use them, it's uncomfortable yes, but keep on persevering and you will be stronger for it.  

Keep in mind that the plan is that you will become unpopular and hated by the world, if they murdered the prophets for doing good and preaching truth, don't think that you will be better off in saying what they said, if you preach what the prophets preached then you will become unwanted just like the prophets, just like Christ. 

Your faith must be tested, so look forward to the hard parts because that is when you're supposed to shine and carry on in faith... don't look for worldly fellowship or care that you're not popular. The prophets were unwanted, as was Christ, being unwanted by this world is a good thing and you should count on it.

You might only have one friend, but that makes you all the more blessed for having that one. Take it with grace that God gave them to you, because you weren't far from an alternative where they wouldn't have been present. So consider yourself very very lucky to have them, and receive them with gratitude because they may well have came from the heavenly one above who took pity on you, be happy in that and beware of wanting more than what's given to you from above.

Anyways, IMO i think you're just going through some testing times that require endurance, don't look too far into the future and take it one day at a time, as it is said: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,858
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Welcome, lunarose! God bless you!

Are you attending a local church where you can connect to fellow believers? So many Christians nowadays seem to be eschewing that, and God commands us to do so for our sake. In times like these we should not try to go it alone. If you haven't already, please make every effort to find a local body of believers that you can connect with and fellowship with.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/29/1981

This will most likely pass, just like all things

Edited by HumbleServantofChrist

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

You need an extended quiet time. Go to a forest, a beach, some place, but DON'T read the Bible--at least before you sit for 30 minutes and listen to and look at creation. Then, open the Bible, reading devotionally, say, the Book of Ruth. Ask God for cleansing tears and healing.