• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Jade I was the first to respond to this thread.  Note the Scriptures that were posted.   Do have anything to say about what was posted in that response?

I greatly appreciate you posting scripture in support of free will. I posted the thread so I could see the scripture for and even against it, rather than debate it myself. Im not in a place atm to debate things. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, Butero said:

Those scriptures prove free will is just an illusion.  You can only come to God if the Father reveals his Son to you.  Unless God chooses to do that, you will never be saved.  The fact some do not come to the faith proves this isn't speaking of everyone ever born.

But there is still free will in choosing God, after he reveals His Son to a person, correct?

It seems that the answer lies between calvinism and arminianism, in that God only reveals His Son to a select few, but those still have the free will do say "no thanks"...which is why one can find verses to support both sides of the argument. 

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

But there is still free will in choosing God, after he reveals His Son to a person, correct?

It seems that the answer lies between calvinism and arminianism, in that God only reveals His Son to a select few, but those still have the free will do say "no thanks"...

When does God ever choose not to reveal Himself to everyone?   Where in the Bible does state that He only reveals Himself to some?

which is why one can find verses to support both sides of the argument. 

There are no verses in the Bible that support either unconditional election or limited atonement.  

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

37 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

When does God ever choose not to reveal Himself to everyone?   Where in the Bible does state that He only reveals Himself to some?

There are no verses in the Bible that support either unconditional election or limited atonement.  

And yet the debate on this topic has waged for centuries with neither side being able to put it to rest

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

Scripture says;

Ephesians 1:5 (NASB)
He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will,

The fact that is says we were predestined “through or by” Jesus Christ means we were predestined not because of us, but because of something else, that something else being,  we are in possession of the life of Jesus Christ. For it is the Life of Christ that is predestined to glory and honor, and whosoever that life is found in. That person is predestined by virtue of being in possession of Jesus Christ. 

For this is the “life” that was put before man, that he may choose or not choose. The life of Christ. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Not me said:

Scripture says;

He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will,

The fact that is says we were predestined “through or by” Jesus Christ means we were predestined not because of us, but because of something else, that something else being,  we are in possession of the life of Jesus Christ. For it is the Life of Christ that is predestined to glory and honor, and whosoever that life is found in. That person is predestined by virtue of being in possession of Jesus Christ. 

The point of that verse is not that we are predestined to salvation, but to adoption.  Adoption is not salvation, but is the result of salvation.  Predestination applies only to our sanctification, not our justification.  Predestination is God's work in us, as is that for which we are predestined to become, namely conformed into the image of Christ.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

The point of that verse is not that we are predestined to salvation, but to adoption.  Adoption is not salvation, but is the result of salvation.  Predestination applies only to our sanctification, not our justification.  Predestination is God's work in us, as is that for which we are predestined to become, namely conformed into the image of Christ.

The point of the verse is explaining the “why” of predestination . 

It is because that person is in possession of that which has/was/is predestined. Which is the life of Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Not me said:

The point of the verse is explaining the “why” of predestination . 

It is because that person is in possession of that which has/was/is predestined. Which is the life of Christ. 

No, that isn't what the verse says.   It doesn't say that we are predestined for the life of Christ.   The life of Christ is gift we accept.  It is based on an offer of God's grace. 

Predestination pertains to what we will become AFTER we receive the gift of eternal life.

7 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, that isn't what the verse says.   It doesn't say that we are predestined for the life of Christ.   The life of Christ is gift we accept.  It is based on an offer of God's grace. 

Predestination pertains to what we will become AFTER we receive the gift of eternal life.

Here’s the verse

“He predestined us through Jesus Christ”.

It is because of Christ that a person is predestined. If a individual is in possession of Jesus, that person has Christ in them,  and by virtue of being in possession of Jesus, that individual has all the glory and honor that the life of Christ is predestined to. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Not me said:

The verse says;

Sent via BLB app for Apple

Here’s the verse

“He predestined us through Jesus Christ”.

It is because of Christ that a person is predestined. If a individual is in possession of Jesus, that person has Christ in them,  and by virtue of being in possession of Jesus, that individual has all the glory and honor that the life of Christ is predestined to. 

My question is, "do you believe that God predestines only some to salvation?"

You seem to be dancing around the central issue and trying to sound spiritual but not really addressing the issue at hand.