Black Dog

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Content Per Day:  16.70
  • Days Won:  0

Black Dog is sometimes referred in a general sense to depression, but in the United Kingdom, it has more of a demonic connotation.  The follow link takes you to Wikipedia and their history of the Black Dog in the UK.

Source: Black Dog (Ghost)

Black Dog besides being a Led Zeppelin hit, is also a link to a mental illness site in Australia and numerous other businesses worldwide.  So why do I bring this up?  Mental illness runs in my family, mostly but not entirely on the female side on my mother's side of the family.  It goes back as far as I can trace.  The males, myself included, seem to be drawn to these females. 

After many mistakes on my part, God brought my wife and I together.  Maybe God saved us by not letting our children come to term.  But my wife and I know we have two children in Heaven that have been spared this turmoil we call life.  And if I am right, the cycle is broken.  My wife and I have had periods of depression so we can perfectly empathize with each other and others experiencing the same.  God has a plan for our lives and Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, and that's where the focus should be, always. 

I've been writing elsewhere on an English website where the Black Dog is used as a common term for depression.  I thank God for my periods of depression and the ways He's provided out so I can better understand others, but especially my wife.  With God's help, in Jesus name, I am able to help her through these times, and she is helping me through my times.  One important thing to remember, depression is not always logical.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06

gee a few coincidences reading this (cant go into detail..) interesting...

Edited by existential mabel

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Perhaps this is why the men in your family are drawn to such women, Saved.One.by.Grace:  The Lord drew the men of your family to them so that you could serve as an anchor of stability to them, to help them in their walk with God.

• Praise God! 1

I was brought up as a Roman Catholic, and so were the rest of the family as far back as I know.  But from my great grandmother on, all the women dabbled in the occult.  My grandfather never shared his feelings about it one way or the other.  Neither did my father or uncle.  My sister, aunt and mother all dabbled in the occult in the same manner as my grandmother.  All are dead now except for my sister.  A man married her for her money; at least that's what he secretly told me at my mother's funeral.  He was gloating over the fact that my mother cut me out of her will leaving my sister and her atheist husband as sole beneficiaries.  I could feel the Holy Spirit well-up within me to just wish him well and leave.  I haven't spoken to him since.  I believe I was cut out of the will after my father died because I was no longer a Roman Catholic, but a born-again Christian.

I wish my sister and husband well, because this may be the only "Heaven" they will ever know.

So if God wanted me to save any of my family, I am a profound failure.  It was because of my wife, I am saved.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I pray for their salvation and that you may be comforted concerning this.  I think it is important to remember that we cannot save anyone.  "I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase."  1 Corinthians3:6, 7

Our job is to pray and minister the word of God as we are able, not save them.  Besides, they still have to make the choice themselves.  If they die and go to Hell, the failure is theirs, not yours.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

2 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

All are dead now except for my sister.  A man married her for her money; at least that's what he secretly told me at my mother's funeral.  He was gloating over the fact that my mother cut me out of her will leaving my sister and her atheist husband as sole beneficiaries.  I could feel the Holy Spirit well-up within me to just wish him well and leave.  I haven't spoken to him since.  I believe I was cut out of the will after my father died because I was no longer a Roman Catholic, but a born-again Christian.

Sorry to hear that Saved. One. by. Grace;

Parents should leave equally to their children, no matter what.

I hope that,that does not worsen your depression, God certainly can help you with that through the application of forgiveness) but I understand how it can get to a person. That's why parents should be equal and fair to their children, leaving siblings an equal inheritance so to not bring on animosity after the parents are gone.

The man who married your sister and told you that, sounds like a cad to have told you that he married her for her inheritance.

At least you have a christian wife, where you both can uphold the Lord to everything that occurs in your lives and can make a family life for yourself and your wife,(you and her, together make a family) and keep a distance from toxic relatives. Praying for them and their salvation is one thing, but placing yourself to get abused is another.  Best to keep a distance from toxic people and live your  life in peace with the Lord.

2 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

So if God wanted me to save any of my family, I am a profound failure.  It was because of my wife, I am saved.

Praise God, you got the best inheritance ever. Nothing comes close to having received Gods free Gift of Mercy and Grace. Nothing compares to the that.  You have been so blessed.

Steady as goes

In Christ Jesus Always

• Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

Sorry to hear that Saved. One. by. Grace;

Parents should leave equally to their children, no matter what.

I hope that,that does not worsen your depression, God certainly can help you with that through the application of forgiveness) but I understand how it can get to a person. That's why parents should be equal and fair to their children, leaving siblings an equal inheritance so to not bring on animosity after the parents are gone.

The man who married your sister and told you that, sounds like a cad to have told you that he married her for her inheritance.

At least you have a christian wife, where you both can uphold the Lord to everything that occurs in your lives and can make a family life for yourself and your wife,(you and her, together make a family) and keep a distance from toxic relatives. Praying for them and their salvation is one thing, but placing yourself to get abused is another.  Best to keep a distance from toxic people and live your  life in peace with the Lord.

Praise God, you got the best inheritance ever. Nothing comes close to having received Gods free Gift of Mercy and Grace. Nothing compares to the that.  You have been so blessed.

Steady as goes

In Christ Jesus Always

One interesting side note.  Between notification of my mother's death and the funeral, the Holy Spirit told me I was not in the will.  So the Holy Spirit prepared me ahead of time so I wasn't surprised.  Evidentially, my mother changed the will years previous to her death after my father died.  Actually, the day after his funeral.  She pretended that the will was the same for those years in between.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Hello Saved.One.by.Grace..

I am also an ex-catholic and i am glad that Gods Holy Spirit moved me to get out of that false religion.. On reading this sentence i was moved to reply because it is important to know that it is the work of the Holy Spirit that does the saving.. We play a very small role in the procedure of simply sharing what we are moved to share when we are moved to share it..  It is a terrible weight to put on our backs to believe that another persons salvation is our responsibility, that we are the ones who are tasked with saving them..

We are simply tasked with sharing the Gospel with our fellow man to the extent we are knowledgeable and gifted in doing so.. If we share the Gospel then we have done our part.. 

All glory and honor is to our LORD Jesus Christ, He is the one who secured the Atonement for our sins and He is the one who saves..

What i request of you is to pray for me and i will pray for you in regards to this issue.. The LORDs will be done..

Edited by Adstar
  • Praying! 1