• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Here is a study I have been working on.

Woe, Woe, woe.

Revelation uses woes as markers or time stamps. The trumpets, seals and bowls are grouped within the 3 woes. The word Alas is translated from the same word in the Greek that is Woe. I have also noticed the great earthquake is always around the resurrection. There was a great earthquake when Christ was resurrected and there was an earthquake when the two witness were brought back to life.

Revelation 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

1st woe devil is cast out and tribulation starts.

Revelation 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Matthew 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 

Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

2nd woe resurrection/rapture. Babylon is judged.

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Revelation 9:12 One woe is past; and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter.

Revelation 11:14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

Revelation 11:13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Revelation 16:18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

Revelation 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 

Revelation 9:13 And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,

Revelation 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

Revelation 18:10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

Revelation 18:16 And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls! 

Revelation 18:19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

Revelation 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held

3rd woe God's wrath

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. 

Revelation 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Revelation 6::17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Edited by Brother Duke
Fixing color scheme.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Was looking twice. Did not register a hit. Checking to see if this works.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00

22 hours ago, Brother Duke said:

Woe, Woe, woe.

Revelation uses woes as markers or time stamps. The trumpets, seals and bowls are grouped within the 3 woes. The word Alas is translated from the same word in the Greek that is Woe. I have also noticed the great earthquake is always around the resurrection. There was a great earthquake when Christ was resurrected and there was an earthquake when the two witness were brought back to life.

Revelation 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Revelation 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Matthew 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 

Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Not saying this isn't correct, but how are you linking these as related events? I do believe the angel with the key to the bottomless pit has a specific job and I cannot see where this angel is Satan.

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Revelation 9:12 One woe is past; and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter.

Revelation 11:14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

Revelation 11:13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Revelation 16:18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

Revelation 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 

Revelation 9:13 And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,

Revelation 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

Revelation 18:10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

Revelation 18:16 And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls! 

Revelation 18:19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

Revelation 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held

Preceding, "The second woe is past; [and ], behold, the third woe cometh quickly." is the ministry of the two witnesses. Are you saying the two witness are a 'woe'? Or are you  are maybe saying this, "13 And the same hour was there was a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven." is the second woe? 

3rd woe God's wrath

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. 

Revelation 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Revelation 6::17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

I have to agree here. Maybe I'm wrong but this would indeed be a great woe. I agree with the significance of the earthquakes, many miss this, imo. While there were indeed the quakes associated with the events outlined in your intro, what are your thoughts about the significance of the great earthquake mentioned here, Rev 6, " 12 there was a great earthquake;... 14 and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.", and here, Rev 16, " 18 and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, [and] so great...20 And every island fled away, andthe mountains were not found."?

• Group:  Advanced Member

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

Not saying this isn't correct, but how are you linking these as related events? I do believe the angel with the key to the bottomless pit has a specific job and I cannot see where this angel is Satan.

Rev 12:9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

I think the devil is the star that is cast down/falls and starts the tribulation.

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

Preceding, "The second woe is past; [and ], behold, the third woe cometh quickly." is the ministry of the two witnesses. Are you saying the two witness are a 'woe'? Or are you  are maybe saying this, "13 And the same hour was there was a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven." is the second woe?

No, that the two witness  ministry is during the 2nd woe which after they die they are resurrected with the great earth quake like when Christ was resurrected.  The great earthquake is also a marker like the woes and links revelation  to Matthew 24.

Edited by Brother Duke

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

I have to agree here. Maybe I'm wrong but this would indeed be a great woe. I agree with the significance of the earthquakes, many miss this, imo. While there were indeed the quakes associated with the events outlined in your intro, what are your thoughts about the significance of the great earthquake mentioned here, Rev 6, " 12 there was a great earthquake;... 14 and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.", and here, Rev 16, " 18 and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, [and] so great...20 And every island fled away, andthe mountains were not found."?

3rd woe/The earthquake is the rapture/ressurection of all Christian's including the 2 witnesses.  Then begins the wrath.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 6/5/2018 at 6:06 PM, Brother Duke said:

Woe, Woe, woe.

3rd woe God's wrath

All of Gods Wrath comes from the Seven Seals. The SEVENTH SEAL is the 7 Trumpets, and the Last Trumpet or 3rd Woe is ALL SEVEN VIALS. So all of Gods Wrath emits fro the Sven Seals that Christ opens. 

Gods Wrath starts with the very first Seal, the Seventh Seal ends it all but alas, the Seventh Seal is 7 Trumpets, PLUS that Last Woe (7th Trumpet) is 7 Vials. Thus the Seventh Seal does end it all technically, the 7th Trumpet in Rev. 11 ends it all technically because it is the 3rd Woe which is all 7 Vials and the 7th Vial ends it all. 

You see in chapter 11, that is the story of the Two-Witnesses full 1260 day Ministry on earth, and even after they die, their prayers before they died, bring forth the 7th Trumpet (3rd Woe).  Thus we are told Jesus takes OVER !! But its speaking about after the 7th Trumpet (3rd Woe) comes to pass, which is the 7 Vials.  The Woes do not kick of the Tribulation however. The First Seal does. 

Edited by Revelation Man

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00

34 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

All of Gods Wrath comes from the Seven Seals. The SEVENTH SEAL is the 7 Trumpets, and the Last Trumpet or 3rd Woe is ALL SEVEN VIALS. So all of Gods Wrath emits fro the Sven Seas that Christ opens. 

Gods Wrath starts with the very first Seal, the Seventh Seal ends it all but alas, the Seventh Seal is 7 Trumpets, PLUS that Last Woe (7th Trumpet) is 7 Vials. Thus the Seventh Seal doe end it all technically, the 7th Trumpet in Rev. 11 ends it all technically because it is the 3rd Woe which is all 7 Vials and the 7th Vial ends it all. 

You see in chapter 11, that is the story of the Two-Witnesses full 1260 day Ministry on earth, and even after they die, their prayers before they died, bring forth the 7th Trumpet (3rd Woe).  Thus we are told Jesus takes OVER !! But its speaking about after the 7th Trumpet (3rd Woe) comes to pass, which is the 7 Vials.  The Woes do not kick of the Tribulation however. The First Seal does. 

I think the terminology here is mixed up. It's the 70th week that begins at the 1st seal, not tribulation. It's the beginning of sorrows that is the first half of the 70th week, not tribulation. It is the A of D that begins GREAT tribulation. The 70th week is NEVER likened to 'tribulation' in all of scripture. 

Seals are opened and trumps sound in concurrent fashion. So as the seals are opening we are going to hear trumps. This is proven by the 6th seal, the wrath is come, and the 7th, or last trump, at which Jesus returns and we are gathered. So the 6th seal and the 7th trump virtually are the same event. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Revelation Man said:

All of Gods Wrath comes from the Seven Seals. The SEVENTH SEAL is the 7 Trumpets, and the Last Trumpet or 3rd Woe is ALL SEVEN VIALS. So all of Gods Wrath emits fro the Sven Seas that Christ opens. 

Gods Wrath starts with the very first Seal, the Seventh Seal ends it all but alas, the Seventh Seal is 7 Trumpets, PLUS that Last Woe (7th Trumpet) is 7 Vials. Thus the Seventh Seal doe end it all technically, the 7th Trumpet in Rev. 11 ends it all technically because it is the 3rd Woe which is all 7 Vials and the 7th Vial ends it all. 

I believe the beginning of the Seals are only the tribulation  from my research including aligning revelation against Matthew 24.   The Woes are only a timestamp to show where we are at in Revelation.  Revelation jumps around and tells the same thing over and over.  The woes can be used to sort through the different events that are told over and over.  Here is what I have gathered just today by searching for Woes/Alas, Earth Quakes and Wrath.

Woe1         Woe2             Woe3      
0813 3 Woes Announced       0912 2nd Woe Start           1114 Start    
1212 Devil Matt 24:15 Abomination   0915 4 Angel Released           1115 7th Trump    
0901 Star Fallen       0916 200 Million           1115 Wrath Bowls and Plagues   1507
0902 Sun       1113 Great Earth Quake   0612 6th Seal 1618   1115 Kingdom    
0905 Torment Matt 24:21 Tribulation   1810 Babylon Judged                  
0912 1st Woe End       1816 Babylon was Great       1619          
          1819 Babylon Mourned                  
          1103 2 Witnesses                  
          1107 2 witness die                  
          1114 2nd Woe End                  
          0622 Wrath has come   1118 0622 1419          

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

I think the terminology here is mixed up. It's the 70th week that begins at the 1st seal, not tribulation. It's the beginning of sorrows that is the first half of the 70th week, not tribulation. It is the A of D that begins GREAT tribulation. The 70th week is NEVER likened to 'tribulation' in all of scripture. 

Seals are opened and trumps sound in concurrent fashion. So as the seals are opening we are going to hear trumps. This is proven by the 6th seal, the wrath is come, and the 7th, or last trump, at which Jesus returns and we are gathered. So the 6th seal and the 7th trump virtually are the same event. 

The 70th Week happens immediately after the Rapture, it is only the 70th Week of Israels JUDGMENT !! Remember?  So this final week is designed by God to bring Israel unto repentance. Israel repents 75 days before the 1260 at the 1335 when the Two-witnesses show up. 

In Daniel 9:24, Daniel prophesied that these six things must come to pass before this judgment against Israel would be fulfilled. Some think Jesus fulfilled all of these, most seem to think, as I do, that these things have not come to pass, and when they do that will be the end of the age.

1. Finish the transgression
2. Make and end of sins
3. To make reconciliation for iniquity
4. Bring in everlasting righteousness 
5. To seal up vision and prophecy
6. Anoint the most Holy

As per the 'Sorrows" that is the Church Age. It means of course "Birth Pangs" and the Church Age is the 2000 years of birth pangs that usher in r births the End Times 70th Week. The "First Seal" is Jesus allowing the Anti-Christ to come forth to Conquer, we know that happens in the Middle of the Week or at the 1260. Thus the Woman (Israel) needs to be protected for 1260 days in the Wilderness/Petra. 

The Abomination of Desolation (AoD) happens at the 1290, 30 days before the 1260 and 45 days after the 1335.  The GREATEST TROUBLES EVER happen because Jesus releases the Anti-Christ to come forth via the First Seal. He kills 1.5 to 2 Billion people. 

The Seals and Trumpets do not happen at the same time my friend the Seven Trumpets come forth from the Seventh Seal !! The Wrath of God starts with the First Seal, but to people on earth its just "MORE WARS" like they have been used to ( see WW1 & WW2 etc.)  so thy think nothing of it, the 5th Seal is all Jesus looking in supernaturally on the Beheaded. Not until the 6th Seal do people on earth realize they are in Gods Wrath, or the Day of the Lord, because they SEE the Prophet Joel's prophecy and he Rev. ch. six 6th Seal events coming to pass. But they were in the day of the Lord the whole time, which is Gods Wrath. 

The Seals....Trumpets....and Vials are not the same event.