• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,255
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Worthy News Brief - June 6, 2018

Friend, get your second wind!

Luke 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

A reader submitted a question, "How can I get my second wind?"

I believe a lesson can be learned after the disciples of Yeshua (Jesus) returned after a successful outreach. The Lord took them and set them apart in a desert place, away from the cares of this world -- and in this time of separation they were refreshed. [Mark 6:30-31] Oftentimes, a second wind can only come by setting time aside to seek it!

Early in the 1800's, Evangelist Charles Finney wrote about how God gave him mighty infillings of the Holy Spirit. He said, "[These infillings] went through me, as it seemed, body and soul. I immediately found myself endued with such power from on high that a few words dropped here and there to individuals were the means of their immediate conversion. My words seemed to fasten like barbed arrows in the souls of men. They cut like a sword. They broke the heart like a hammer. Multitudes can attest to this...Sometimes I would find myself in a great measure empty of this power. I would go and visit, and find that I made no saving impression. I would exhort and pray with the same results. I would they set apart a day for private fasting and prayer...after humbling myself and crying out for help, the power would return upon me with all its freshness. This has been the experience of my life."

Charles Finney set apart time to pray and fast for a "fresh anointing" from time to time!

In the late 1800's, evangelist D.L Moody stated, "I believe firmly that the moment our hearts are emptied of pride and selfishness and ambition and everything that is contrary to God's law, the Holy Spirit will fill every corner of our hearts. But if we are full of pride and conceit and ambition and the world, there is no room for the Spirit of God. We must be emptied before we can be filled."

Friend, do you want a second wind? Then let's get right with the Lord today. Let's set aside some time to get before Him and empty ourselves of the world's influences and our selfish ways that we might be filled with His power and anointing! Let's seek his face -- in doing so, we'll find our refreshment!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: My wife, Baht Rivka, will be coming to America and Mexico to sing at a number of conferences and events most of July and beginning of August. We don't know what we'll do without her but I need to stay in Israel and take care of things on the ground and also work on my long overdue book, while our kiddos focus on school. Let us know if you want her to stop in and bless you with some fun Israeli Music and testimony! Please also keep us in prayer ?

Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting our work online and in Israel! Thank you for your prayers and gifts! Together, we are making a difference for the Kingdom!
Around the World
Report: Secret Obama-Era License Gave Iran Access to US Financial System
The Obama administration secretly sought to give Iran access - albeit briefly - to the U.S. financial system by sidestepping sanctions kept in place after the 2015 nuclear deal, despite repeatedly telling Congress and the public it had no plans to do so.
EU sets July timeframe for US tariff reprisals
The EU says it expects to retaliate next month after the US imposed tariffs on the bloc's steel and aluminium products, sparking fears of a global trade war.
Europe seeks U.S. sanction exemptions for its firms in Iran
European signatories to a nuclear deal with Iran have written to top U.S. officials to stress their commitment to upholding the pact, which Washington has quit, and to urge the United States to spare EU firms active in Iran from secondary sanctions.
Guatemala warns of greater activity after volcano explodes again
Guatemalan authorities warned that the Fuego volcano was showing signs of greater activity on Tuesday night as the death toll from a devastating eruption at the weekend climbed to 75 and nearly 200 people remained missing.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
Gazan kites spark fires in south, Jewish National Fund to sue Hamas
Incendiary kites launched from Gaza continued to ravage land in southern Israel on Tuesday, sparking fires in as many as 10 different locations.

Inside the United States
Social Security says system's costs will exceed income this year
The Social Security program's costs are expected to exceed its income this year, marking the first time that has happened since 1982 and forcing the U.S. government to dip into the retirement system's trust fund to pay benefits to participants. The program's trustees said the shortfall trend could worsen in the decades to come.
Poll: 72% of Americans Believe Euthanasia Should Be Legal
According to a recent Gallup poll, 72% of Americans believe that euthanasia should be legal.
Court Orders End of Abortion-Pill Mandate for Indiana, CA Christian Colleges
A federal district court is blocking the federal government from enforcing the Obama abortion-pill mandate against Christian colleges in Indiana and California.
Kilauea Volcano Eruption Filled In Hawaii's Biggest Lake In Hours, And Is Now Reshaping Coastline
Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano continues to reshape the Big Island with an unceasing flow of lava in the Eastern Rift Zone that has destroyed hundreds of structures and recently erased the island's largest lake.
Supreme Court Vacates Lower Court Ruling That Allowed Immigrant Teen to Get an Abortion
The U.S. Supreme Court vacated a precedent-setting lower court ruling on Monday that allowed a 17-year-old undocumented immigrant to get an abortion last fall, but rejected a request from the administration of President Donald Trump to continue a policy of prohibiting immigrant minors from accessing abortions while an appeal is pending against that policy.

Christian News
Christian Solidarity Worldwide calls for release of four Christians arrested on anti-conversion charges in India's Jharkhand state
UK-based religious freedom advocacy Christian Solidarity Worldwide has called for the release of four Christians who were arrested in the Indian state of Jharkhand in late May on anti-conversion charges.
Iranian Christian faces spurious charges after arrest
A Christian named Mohammadali Yassaghi faces spurious charges after his arrest on 10 April.

Letters to the Editor

Editor's Note
If you would like to submit a note to the editor, simply hit reply. Be sure to add your name and location!

We're looking for intercessors to pray for our ministry online and in Israel. If you're interested, please send an email to george [@] worthyemail.com.

If you'd like to get a copy of our family newsletter, please send george [@] worthyemail.com an email.

Friend, help spread WORTHY BRIEFS, now reaching 126 countries daily! Forward this brief to a friend!

IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure delivery of your Worthy Brief please add worthynewsbrief [@] worthynetwork.com to your address book or approved senders list.

If you're having problems receiving your Worthy Brief, click here!

Follow Us on Facebook
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions

Follow Us on Twitter
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions

Support our Ministry
Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting Worthy Network with a tax-deductible gift! You can give online OR send gifts to:

Worthy Ministries
106 Sheffield Place
Franklin, TN 37067-4437

Please include your email address in the memo section of your check or money order so we can keep in touch a bit easier than sending mail overseas.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>

unsubscribe from this list | Update Subscription Preferences

Worthy News · 106 Sheffield Place · Franklin, TN 37067-4437 · USA