• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I care too much about almost everyone and I'm wondering if anyone else is like me. For example, the longer I know someone the more valuable I consider knowing him/her. Up until 20 yrs ago this wasn't a problem, I always knew people who throw other people away (for no good reasons that is). I made sure I didn't get overly attached to them. But 20 yrs ago this became like an epidemic in my life. 20 yrs ago the entire family on my father's side stopped associating with me. Since I have no immediate family, brothers, sisters, wives or ex-wives, and I made sure I didn't have any kids out of wedlock. On my mother's side they all died except 1 female cousin. She's the new age queen, her and her husband even started a false church. He's the only minister I know of that charges money to hear him speak. What a shame, on the one hand it proves how hungry Americans are to know God, but on the other hand it shows how ignorant we are about God.A true minister can ask for donations, they all do. But this guy charges $75 an hour and what he teaches is false. So I can't be close to them. To make matters worse most of my father's side consider themselves Saved. What's more I was the first to switch from Catholicism to a Bible believing Christian. They should be the first to want to associate with me. Or maybe I'm nuts.

I realize that I'm making a lot of posts about this lately. I apologize for this. I just feel like I can't take this much longer.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

JTC...Have you thought about counseling?  Is it possible you are doing something to put people off?

2 hours ago, JTC said:

To make matters worse most of my father's side consider themselves Saved.

It sounds as if you don't believe they are saved.  If they feel you are judging them then that may be part of the problem.  Are you open to considering that you may need to make changes?  That you could be doing things that make others want to stop associateng with you?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

12 hours ago, JTC said:

I care too much about almost everyone and I'm wondering if anyone else is like me. For example, the longer I know someone the more valuable I consider knowing him/her. Up until 20 yrs ago this wasn't a problem, I always knew people who throw other people away (for no good reasons that is). I made sure I didn't get overly attached to them. But 20 yrs ago this became like an epidemic in my life. 20 yrs ago the entire family on my father's side stopped associating with me. Since I have no immediate family, brothers, sisters, wives or ex-wives, and I made sure I didn't have any kids out of wedlock. On my mother's side they all died except 1 female cousin. She's the new age queen, her and her husband even started a false church. He's the only minister I know of that charges money to hear him speak. What a shame, on the one hand it proves how hungry Americans are to know God, but on the other hand it shows how ignorant we are about God.A true minister can ask for donations, they all do. But this guy charges $75 an hour and what he teaches is false. So I can't be close to them. To make matters worse most of my father's side consider themselves Saved. What's more I was the first to switch from Catholicism to a Bible believing Christian. They should be the first to want to associate with me. Or maybe I'm nuts.

I realize that I'm making a lot of posts about this lately. I apologize for this. I just feel like I can't take this much longer.  

Hi, JTC.  My father's side of the family never kept in touch after my dad died in 1975.   Only my dad's sister, my aunt, kept in touch....but she died a good many years ago.  But my dad's side of the family were raised Catholic but never really kept that faith....they were into more worldly things.

But since you say your dad's side of the family consider themselves saved, why don't you reach out to some of them and see what response you get?  If any of them are really walking with the Lord, they should respond to you in Christian love.  It doesn't hurt to try.  Let us know what happens.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

On 6/7/2018 at 3:02 PM, JTC said:

JTC, I know how you feel, and I hope you are ok. No one is my family knew Jesus Christ, so when I got saved I had to distance myself from them for several years. I never have really gotten close to any of them again, but I gave my life the Lord, and after 40 years of walking with Him he has started to give me many more friends and spiritual "family" to spend time with. This is a promise from God to us (Mark 10:29-30).

Just keep walking with God and seeking to be evermore useful to Him. The more you do this, the more He will bring you to a place of having other believers around you to serve God with. He might even send you a wife eventually. I read through some of your other responses, and I know it can be tough fighting through physical conditions, but be a fighter. Believe God is going to take care of you in every way, and keep giving every day to Him, offering Him your service. He will make a way for you if you make a way for Him.

Blessings in Christ, and if you need anyone to talk to, just send me a conversation,

Hidden In Him

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 6/8/2018 at 4:58 AM, Debp said:

But since you say your dad's side of the family consider themselves saved, why don't you reach out to some of them and see what response you get?  If any of them are really walking with the Lord, they should respond to you in Christian love.  It doesn't hurt to try.  Let us know what happens.

I did try, this past winter. Her and her husband spoke to me once, promised to call again, but never did. So I texted them 1 more time and again they said they'd stay in touch. These 2 are some of the ones I was closest with. I figure they're holding a grudge over I know not what. Thanks for responding.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

11 minutes ago, JTC said:

I did try, this past winter. Her and her husband spoke to me once, promised to call again, but never did. So I texted them 1 more time and again they said they'd stay in touch. These 2 are some of the ones I was closest with. I figure they're holding a grudge over I know not what. Thanks for responding.

Matthew 10: KJV

{34} Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. {35} For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. {36} And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household. {37} He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

I came from a catholic family and when i became a Bible believing Christian the dividing started...  The more religious my catholic family members where the more they distanced themselves from me..  Right down at the core of it i believe was that my walking away from catholicism and to Bible based Christianity was seen as a traitorous act against the family and an accusation against them and their religion..  

Now i do not know your personal situation exactly because i am not God.. But maybe your situation is similar to mine in this way. Maybe there are other things at work as already mentioned by Hikermom """ Is it possible you are doing something to put people off? """  So i would go to the LORD Jesus and ask Him about your situation and ask for Him to correct you if there is anything about you that is getting in the way of His message reaching those Jesus wants to reach through you...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

3 hours ago, Adstar said:

Matthew 10: KJV

{34} Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. {35} For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. {36} And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household. {37} He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

I came from a catholic family and when i became a Bible believing Christian the dividing started...  The more religious my catholic family members where the more they distanced themselves from me..  Right down at the core of it i believe was that my walking away from catholicism and to Bible based Christianity was seen as a traitorous act against the family and an accusation against them and their religion..  

Now i do not know your personal situation exactly because i am not God.. But maybe your situation is similar to mine in this way. Maybe there are other things at work as already mentioned by Hikermom """ Is it possible you are doing something to put people off? """  So i would go to the LORD Jesus and ask Him about your situation and ask for Him to correct you if there is anything about you that is getting in the way of His message reaching those Jesus wants to reach through you...

Adstar, JTC is saying these family members consider themselves saved....not Catholic anymore.

3 hours ago, JTC said:

JTC, if I were you, since you are wanting a connection with family members, maybe you can try the following:

First, don't think about any grudge they might have.   Perhaps they are just extra busy?   But still, if they are born again believers, they should try to keep their word to you.  But since they are not doing that....I would keep phoning them now and then.   Maybe even explain that you would like to keep in touch with them more as fellow Christians.   Just keep phoning them now and then to say hello and to see how they are doing.  Hopefully, they will eventually phone you back!  If not, just keep reaching out to them.

Btw, do they live in your area?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

I understand. Thankfully, Jesus promises that if we trust Him for salvation, for each family member or friend lost, we gain more here in this world and far more in the next.

Is there a brother in your church who is going through something similar?