• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/09/1997

On my favourite TV show there's a man that I've seen in real life for three days in a row now and he won't speak to me. I tell him I recognize him but he just changes the subject. And now he won't talk to me at all anymore. He's very humble on TV and off TV. I'd like to talk with him about the show but how can I if he won't even admit it's him? But I've ruined it and now he's avoiding me. Should I keep trying to talk with him and make it right or should I just walk away? I didn't intend on making him uncomfortable. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

I was trying to be polite.

Stop stalking me!

• Haha 1

Thank you that made my day :)) 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Katya said:

On my favourite TV show there's a man that I've seen in real life for three days in a row now and he won't speak to me. I tell him I recognize him but he just changes the subject. And now he won't talk to me at all anymore. He's very humble on TV and off TV. I'd like to talk with him about the show but how can I if he won't even admit it's him? But I've ruined it and now he's avoiding me. Should I keep trying to talk with him and make it right or should I just walk away? I didn't intend on making him uncomfortable. 

My wife had a job in Seattle that involved rubbing shoulders with a lot of famous TV and movie personalities along with a few middle eastern princes and princesses. The worst thing about fame is that everybody knows you. The best thing you can do for most of them is ignore them - treat them like everyone else.

The only exception for me was when I got to meet Sarah Palin at my wife's workplace. She and I were in a conference room and talked for 40 minutes - but we didn't discuss her "public" life at all (this was just after the 2008 election). It was just personal stuff and she was very nice and I was very nice and my wife was very nice. Three adults getting to know each other.

I did once compliment some famous star (forget who it was) for some particular thing they did in a film, but explained what made it such a great example of their craft, from the perspective of someone unbiased. But even then, it wasn't until we had talked for a while and I had "permission" to go there briefly.

People like to be complimented on their work in "real" ways. Famous people are no different. But it should be very brief. But it needs to be specific and nut just a "I loved you in...".

8 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

My wife had a job in Seattle that involved rubbing shoulders with a lot of famous TV and movie personalities along with a few middle eastern princes and princesses. The worst thing about fame is that everybody knows you. The best thing you can do for most of them is ignore them - treat them like everyone else.

The only exception for me was when I got to meet Sarah Palin at my wife's workplace. She and I were in a conference room and talked for 40 minutes - but we didn't discuss her "public" life at all (this was just after the 2008 election). It was just personal stuff and she was very nice and I was very nice and my wife was very nice. Three adults getting to know each other.

I did once compliment some famous star (forget who it was) for some particular thing they did in a film, but explained what made it such a great example of their craft, from the perspective of someone unbiased. But even then, it wasn't until we had talked for a while and I had "permission" to go there briefly.

People like to be complimented on their work in "real" ways. Famous people are no different. But it should be very brief. But it needs to be specific and nut just a "I loved you in...".

Hmmm... that makes sense. That's what I love about Brian Deitzen is he just acts like a normal person, doesn't have an ego, but is a geniune actor because he "feels" what he's saying. He makes it not look so impossible to be him, down to earth. 

1 hour ago, Katya said:

Hmmm... that makes sense. That's what I love about Brian Deitzen is he just acts like a normal person, doesn't have an ego, but is a geniune actor because he "feels" what he's saying. He makes it not look so impossible to be him, down to earth. 

If you were to say something like "in the such and such scene, that look on your face looked absolutely real. And the delivery! It actually created an emotional response in me for the character. I wasn't watching a show any more. It was real."

Imagine being an actor and hearing that from someone.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

I am absolutely genuine when I say "thank God He made me a nobody".  I couldn't imagine anything worse (yes, sorry, there are much, much worse things) than to have your life on display in the world. It would be huge pressure;  I for one could not cope.  I like to stay under the radar, have my own space and "think".  Just me.  No offence intended, Katya ☺️

Edited by SisterActs2
corrected myself