• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Knowing the future and predetermining the future are not the same, even though you insist on treating the same. 

If we can fall away by making a conscious decision to choose to walk away, then choose to return, then free will is not an illusion.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Knowing the future and predetermining the future are not the same, even though you insist on treating the same. 

If we can fall away by making a conscious decision to choose to walk away, then choose to return, then free will is not an illusion.

It is better to be divided by truth than to be united in error. It is better to speak the truth that hurts and then heals, than falsehood that comforts and then kills. It is better to be hated for telling the truth than to be loved for telling a lie. It is better to stand alone with the truth, than to be wrong with a multitude. It is better to ultimately succeed with the truth than to temporarily succeed with a lie. There is only one Gospel. ~ Adrian Rogers

Amen!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

And who said it was .   We have a choice daily ,  daily .     OH let us heed the unctions of the SPIRIT , FOLLOW CHRIST and we will NOT fall away .

What GOD predetermined before the world began .  WAS JESUS would be the savoir. 

That we walk HOLY by HIS POWER .    Where our free will is not ours,  IS SIMPLY THIS .   OUR free will DID NOT LEAD or draw us to CHRIST .   GOD DID .

But we have the choice whether to reject , accept , whether to continue or not too.    God puts unctions in many folks ,    but they don't always OBEY those unctions , DO THEY .

We fall, ITS OUR OWN FAULT .   GOD sheds , not us , GOD SHEDS the LOVE of TRUTH , OF CHRIST on our hearts .  BUT GOD knows , AS CHRIST KNOWS

as the SPIRIT knows ,   that lust can choke the word right out of one ,.  That sin can harden a heart .    SO with differing gifts in the body

HE uses both people of HIS SPRIT to correct , to exhort , to build up the body .     Man can fall away .   JESUS KNEW IT

PAUL and others knew it .    ITS WHY they said and taught as they did .     KEEP the heart , KEEP what GOD has given to us ,  KEEP obeying THE SPIRIT

FOLLWOING HIM unto the end , FOR HE is able to KEEP us from falling .   But no man here can call me a liar .

IF we don't continue in HIM ,  we don't and wont make it .   OBEY HIM .   IT IS HE IN US working that which is well pleasing IN HIS SIGHT .  OBEY HIM

quench not the SPIRIT ,   let no lust choke that word out ,  HEED his voice and sound doctrine , instruction in righteousness, doing all BY HIS indwelling grace .

But if we don't continue in the ONE who saved us ,     At our end , expect to hear ,  I NEVER KNEW YOU .      I NEVER KNEW YOU .        I NEVER KNEW YOU . 

24 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The church fathers struggled with canonizing James there was quite a debate till they realized all James was saying is proof is in the pudding...

YES the work of GOD is to believe in HE WHOM GOD DID SEND .   real faith produces works .  false faith just hollers praises and lives in sin .

real faith hollers praises and walk in THE LIGHT  .   and sin is not LIGHT , its darkness.     So james and others

had to exhort the church TO DO , to remnd them TO DO things .   and remind them THE SPIRIT is the one at work in them .     Foks don't like warnings.

They like exhorters like this ..................OH COME TO GOD baby ,  you gonna get that money ,  GOD is love, YOU cant fall away , JUST HOLLER HIS NAME

and walk N FAME .      THAT AINT ME steven .     And I will die before and wish to die long before I ever sound like one of those false sensual love all inclusive

wicked men o satan types .     Now have a blessed day now .   The exortations I bring  ,  will be grave and compassionate TRUTH , as the SPIRIT bids me what to say .

LET us learn HOW the early church exhorted , HOW JESUS did , the apostels DID , HOW GOD warned from heaven.   WE do that ,  and most folks would not be arguing

with my exhortaions ,  WE WOULD all be at peace and joy and like the oil that ran over arrons head and beard , how smooth things would be .

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Your life and character had to be examined for 2 years before you could even be candidate for baptism.  

That isnt biblical at all. In the new testament, folks got baptized right away upon professing Christ. Not when mere men decided they met their standard after 2 yrs.

• This is Worthy 1

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

And who said it was .   We have a choice daily ,  daily .    

Butero said it was an illusion. That is the bedrock, fundamental tenet that he teaches.   You keep approving his posts when he makes that argument.  I thought you agreed with that line of argumentation.   

But we have the choice whether to reject , accept , whether to continue or not too.  

Explain that to Butero. 

We fall, ITS OUR OWN FAULT . 

Yes it is, but God's grace is sufficient.

Man can fall away .

I can't. I can fall.  But I cannot fall away.  Big difference.

IF we don't continue in HIM ,  we don't and wont make it . 

Fortunately, He is the one who keeps me in Him, so I don't have to worry about that. He keeps me in Him and sustains me.   It's not about me trying to hang on.   If it depends on me, it won't work.

OBEY HIM .   IT IS HE IN US working that which is well pleasing IN HIS SIGHT .  OBEY HIM

That is fruit of salvation, a natural product of who we are in Christ.  If we are His, obedience (bearing fruit) will naturally follow.

But if we don't continue in the ONE who saved us ,     At our end , expect to hear ,  I NEVER KNEW YOU .      I NEVER KNEW YOU .        I NEVER KNEW YOU . 

Those words were spoken to people who made their appeal to their glorious works and mighty deeds they thought they had done in His Name.   Their problem wasn't that they "fell away."  Their problem was that they thought their good works were sufficient.  They appealed to their works, not to His grace.  

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

15 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

And who said it was .   We have a choice daily ,  daily .     OH let us heed the unctions of the SPIRIT , FOLLOW CHRIST and we will NOT fall away .

What GOD predetermined before the world began .  WAS JESUS would be the savoir. 

That we walk HOLY by HIS POWER .    Where our free will is not ours,  IS SIMPLY THIS .   OUR free will DID NOT LEAD or draw us to CHRIST .   GOD DID .

But we have the choice whether to reject , accept , whether to continue or not too.    God puts unctions in many folks ,    but they don't always OBEY those unctions , DO THEY .

We fall, ITS OUR OWN FAULT .   GOD sheds , not us , GOD SHEDS the LOVE of TRUTH , OF CHRIST on our hearts .  BUT GOD knows , AS CHRIST KNOWS

as the SPIRIT knows ,   that lust can choke the word right out of one ,.  That sin can harden a heart .    SO with differing gifts in the body

HE uses both people of HIS SPRIT to correct , to exhort , to build up the body .     Man can fall away .   JESUS KNEW IT

PAUL and others knew it .    ITS WHY they said and taught as they did .     KEEP the heart , KEEP what GOD has given to us ,  KEEP obeying THE SPIRIT

FOLLWOING HIM unto the end , FOR HE is able to KEEP us from falling .   But no man here can call me a liar .

IF we don't continue in HIM ,  we don't and wont make it .   OBEY HIM .   IT IS HE IN US working that which is well pleasing IN HIS SIGHT .  OBEY HIM

quench not the SPIRIT ,   let no lust choke that word out ,  HEED his voice and sound doctrine , instruction in righteousness, doing all BY HIS indwelling grace .

The God I serve will prevent me from falling :) I do not worry about my life, it's  hidden in Him who saved me :) Good luck to snatching  it out of there !

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of My hand.John 10:28

For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.Col3:3

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of My hand.John 10:28

Glory Hallelujah,I will not be moved :)

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Butero said it was an illusion. That is the bedrock, fundamental tenet that he teaches.   You keep approving his posts when he makes that argument.  I thought you agreed with that line of argumentation.   

Explain that to Butero. 

Yes it is, but God's grace is sufficient.

I can't. I can fall.  But I cannot fall away.  Big difference.

Fortunately, He is the one who keeps me in Him, so I don't have to worry about that. He keeps me in Him and sustains me.   It's not about me trying to hang on.   If it depends on me, it won't work.

That is fruit of salvation, a natural product of who we are in Christ.  If we are His, obedience (bearing fruit) will naturally follow.

Those words were spoken to people who made their appeal to their glorious works and mighty deeds they thought they had done in His Name.   Their problem wasn't that they "fell away."  Their problem was that they thought their good works were sufficient.  They appealed to their works, not to His grace.  

Yes it is, but God's grace is sufficient,  

YES it is Shiloh,  that I have found to be very true .  Wheni have erred HE has unctioned me ,    but we better OBEY that GRACE , if not ,   GOOD BYE folks .   GOOD BYE .

Guest shiloh357
Just now, ayin jade said:

That isnt biblical at all. In the new testament, folks got baptized right away upon professing Christ. Not when mere men decided they met their standard after 2 yrs.

It wasn't the case that they had to meet men's standards.   Rather they were watching to see if their profession and their works agreed.   They wanted to see if the conversion was genuine and there was a life consistent with the teachings of Scripture.  They wanted to see fruit.

You have to kind of understand that things had changed a lot in the church and they were being infiltrated by false believers like the Gnostics, Docetists Ebionites and others who were  teaching false gospels and false doctrines. Not only that, but they were being infiltrated by moles from among the Jews and the Greco-Roman world to spy on them and report on them.  It was kind of necessary to do what they did, given the threats that they faced.

2 minutes ago, angels4u said:

The God I serve will prevent me from falling :) I do not worry about my life, it's  hidden in Him who saved me :) Good luck to snatching  it out of there !

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.John 10:28

For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.Col3:3

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of My hand.John 10:28

Glory Hallelujah,I will not be moved :)

GOD KNOWS those who are HIS ,   spot on .    SO LET ALL WHO NAME THE NAME OF CHRIST DEPART < DEPART < DEPART from INQUITY .

SEE,   paul knew it too .     how bout that line .   

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

35 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Yet when we make mention of that fact ,  we get banned .

Interesting comment -- as you think people get banned easily.  People get removed from threads for personal attacks.  A personal attack -- is not tolerated -- it's not a hard rule.  People are removed from threads -- however it's very difficult to be "banned" entirely from the forums!  :)

Debate the subject -- not the person!   Remember the Terms of Service .... this is what people signed up for to participate in the forums ...

This is from the TERMS OF SERVICE --

Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster. We also strongly discourage giving out personal information such as email addresses, physical addresses and phone numbers on the public boards. Any information given out in private is at your own discretion and risk. (Eph. 4: 29)

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

Just so you know ... 

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Praise God! 1