• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

For consideration: http://www.earnestlycontending.com/ewministries/others/spurgeon/firstdayofcreation.html

To present excerpt or to just describe the presentation could not do it justice. So for those that may be interested, and also willing to spend a little time on this subject, above is a link to Spurgeon and his addressing of the subject.

Guest shiloh357
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, Not me said:

Genesis 1:2 (NASB)
The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

Question; 

It says “the earth was formless and void and darkness was over the surface of the deep”

Did God create it that way or did something happen to it? 

Much love in Christ, Not me

What you have is the raw elemental form of the universe.  Nothing happened to it.   That is it's pre-creative state.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

What you have is the raw elemental form of the universe.  Nothing happened to it.   That is it's pre-creative state.

You think God created the earth in two steps. Interesting thought??

Edited by Not me

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Not me said:

You think God created the earth in two steps. Interesting thought??

No, I think He created it in six days.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On 6/9/2018 at 11:05 AM, SmoothRiverFlow said:

Do you think the Genesis account of creation is in chronological order? The part where God says "Let there be light" and later on it says he created the greater light and the lesser light.

There is no problem with this.. the first light was simply that... Light..

The second lights where the Sun and the Moon.. They are called the geater and lesser Lights..

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,805
  • Content Per Day:  7.96
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I have often said to my children … how much can you fit into infinite? The concept of how much cannot apply! Can it?  So it is with God Whom having the infinite as His possession created from that possession a way that pleased Him but failing to realize that it is just one way of the infinite He could have done other (!) must always sit in the reason of mind! Unless one is blessed by God to be reduced to the humility of being (and that with a begin) the ultimate statement of The Son cannot be fully appreciated

Mark 14:36

36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.
KJV

Perhaps one of the most revelatory statements The Son Gives of The God Head's boundless resource permitting all questions conforming to anything, that is of His nature, of things possible... I notice how  most people speak out from understanding creation as though God is bound by it's conformity … however God binds the conformity of the world to His Word whereby all things are possible with God in His possession of infinite resource ...

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

No, I think He created it in six days.

According to what you wrote;

“What you have is the raw elemental form of the universe.  Nothing happened to it.   That is it's pre-creative state.”

You believe it either existed in as you say in a “elemental form” or it was in “pre-creative” state. 

Which was the comment I said was an interesting one. Seeing I have heard that idea before. 

Edited by Not me

Guest shiloh357
53 minutes ago, Not me said:

According to what you wrote;

“What you have is the raw elemental form of the universe.  Nothing happened to it.   That is it's pre-creative state.”

You believe it either existed in as you say in a “elemental form” or it was in “pre-creative” state. 

Which was the comment I said was an interesting one. Seeing I have heard that idea before. 

Well that is what the Bible obviously shows us.  I mean, it is the most obvious and easiest answer to your question and the one that matches the biblical record. 

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Well that is what the Bible obviously shows us.  I mean, it is the most obvious and easiest answer to your question and the one that matches the biblical record. 

I don’t think it’s what the Bible “obviously” shows. I have heard quite a few different interpretations of Genesis and each one swears that they have the correct understanding. I personally have my favorite (for which I have posted my reasoning, in my pryer post on this thread)  but I’m not dogmatic about it, for I could be just as mistaken as could everyone else. The great thing is, in the future we shall know the truth.  :)

Edited by Not me