• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,582
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

15 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

LOL, no I won't.  They are not a problem for me; my theology is far more problematic for them.   And yes, it is "salvation."   I am not limited to some artificial boundary of correct terminology that you have created. 

Shalom, shiloh357.

Well, I wasn't meaning "you" singular or "you" personally. I was meaning "you all" as in "you all who call yourselves 'Christian' and who believe in OSAS (Once Saved, Always Saved)."

The differences between "salvation" and "justification" are FAR GREATER than just "some artificial boundary!" Look up how you THINK Romans 10:13 was actually used in the context of Joel 2:32 from which it was quoted. Tell me again how the word was translated in Joel 2:32? Was it "salvation" in Joel or was it something else? And, how does that word fit in that context? It's not MY "correct terminology." This is simply how the Word of God READS!

I believe in "OJBGAJBG," "Once Justified By God, ALWAYS Justified By God!" It not only takes it out of OUR hands, but puts being "born again" in its proper context!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Thank you for this edifying, positive thread.   We are here to build up each others faith and encourage each other to be strong in the Lord.  

Blessings,

Willa

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

I always struggled with this. As a child I was actually quite a devout Christian. Read through the whole Bible, went to church, even had people tell me I'd make a good preacher and some of my relatives were quite impressed with my knowledge on the subject at an early age, but then something changed and I suddenly became obsessed with damnation and Revelations and how many souls would be lossed, and worried I would somehow lose what I had gained. Fell off from Christianity for many years after that dwelling in agnosticism and have only recently coming back to embrace it. Assurance is good to have, and is necessary to press on.