Yowm

Timing of Ezek 38 War.

I've heard a number of timings when the Ezek 38 War is supposed to happen, anywhere from just before the Great Tribulation to after the Millennium.

Question: What is to prevent it from happening at least 7years BEFORE the Great Tribulation so that the bodies will be buried and weapons burned before the beginning of the Great Tribulation?

Just so you know, it may be a dual fulfillment prophecy as there's interesting terminology that I've not seen explained by anyone -- but found interesting when studying out the Phrase -- Achreit HaYamim -- literally means "in the end of the end of days" in Hebrew.

Eze_38:16  You will come up against my people Israel, like a cloud covering the land. In the latter days I will bring you against my land, that the nations may know me, when through you, O Gog, I vindicate my holiness before their eyes.

Yet, this is the only passage in the Bible that I found the Hebrew phrase -- acherit hashanim -- in the end of the end of years.

Eze_38:8  After many days you will be mustered. In the latter years you will go against the land that is restored from war, the land whose people were gathered from many peoples upon the mountains of Israel, which had been a continual waste. Its people were brought out from the peoples and now dwell securely, all of them.

Personally, I believe it's at the END of the tribulation since I believe that Ezekiel is laid out chronologically and if Israel's spiritual restoration is connected to Ezekiel 37 -- and that seems connected to the Lord's return -- it appears to be at the END of the tribulation.  

However, with this phrase at the "end of the end of years" this could be also connected to the end of the Mill. Kingdom as connected to the passage in Revelation.

We'll see if this has any merit ... time is often the best judge of the correct interpretation of prophecy.

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

7 minutes ago, George said:

Just so you know, it may be a dual fulfillment prophecy as there's interesting terminology that I've not seen explained by anyone -- but found interesting when studying out the Phrase -- Achreit HaYamim -- literally means "in the end of the end of days" in Hebrew.

Eze_38:16  You will come up against my people Israel, like a cloud covering the land. In the latter days I will bring you against my land, that the nations may know me, when through you, O Gog, I vindicate my holiness before their eyes.

Yet, this is the only passage in the Bible that I found the Hebrew phrase -- acherit hashanim -- in the end of the end of years.

Eze_38:8  After many days you will be mustered. In the latter years you will go against the land that is restored from war, the land whose people were gathered from many peoples upon the mountains of Israel, which had been a continual waste. Its people were brought out from the peoples and now dwell securely, all of them.

Personally, I believe it's at the END of the tribulation since I believe that Ezekiel is laid out chronologically and if Israel's spiritual restoration is connected to Ezekiel 37 -- and that seems connected to the Lord's return -- it appears to be at the END of the tribulation.  

However, with this phrase at the "end of the end of years" this could be also connected to the end of the Mill. Kingdom as connected to the passage in Revelation.

We'll see if this has any merit ... time is often the best judge of the correct interpretation of prophecy.

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

The main objection I have heard about it happening at the end of the Tribulation is that it means the burial of the bodies lasting 7months and the burning of weapons for 7 years  would extend it into the Millennium.

Ezekiel 39:9,12 NKJV
[9] "Then those who dwell in the cities of Israel will go out and set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and bucklers, the bows and arrows, the javelins and spears; and they will make fires with them for seven years.

[12] For seven months the house of Israel will be burying them, in order to cleanse the land.

11 minutes ago, Yowm said:

The main objection I have heard about it happening at the end of the Tribulation is that it means the burial of the bodies lasting 7months and the burning of weapons for 7 years  would extend it into the Millennium.

I can understand that ... that's why it doesn't work at the end of the Millennium -- however, there's a "Gog and Magog" mentioned in Revelation, so that passage "Israel in perfect peace without walls and gates" may be a post mill. passage, since right now there's a WALL (mostly a fence) and Israel is not living in "perfect peace' right now.

The world will be in transition for some years when the Lord returns.  I find it interesting what we'll be doing during the Mill. Kingdom as it appears we'll be doing many of the things that mankind is doing now.

Isa 65:20  No more shall there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not fill out his days, for the young man shall die a hundred years old, and the sinner a hundred years old shall be accursed. 
Isa 65:21  They shall build houses and inhabit them; they shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit. 

So it seems that the world will continue for 1000 years much like it is now ... except with the Lord sitting on His Throne ... and righteousness going forth from Jerusalem for 1000 years, before we enter the New Jerusalem after the Great White Throne judgment.

10 minutes ago, George said:

I can understand that ... that's why it doesn't work at the end of the Millennium -- however, there's a "Gog and Magog" mentioned in Revelation, so that passage "Israel in perfect peace without walls and gates" may be a post mill. passage, since right now there's a WALL (mostly a fence) and Israel is not living in "perfect peace' right now.

The world will be in transition for some years when the Lord returns.  I find it interesting what we'll be doing during the Mill. Kingdom as it appears we'll be doing many of the things that mankind is doing now.

Isa 65:20  No more shall there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not fill out his days, for the young man shall die a hundred years old, and the sinner a hundred years old shall be accursed. 
Isa 65:21  They shall build houses and inhabit them; they shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit. 

So it seems that the world will continue for 1000 years much like it is now ... except with the Lord sitting on His Throne ... and righteousness going forth from Jerusalem for 1000 years, before we enter the New Jerusalem after the Great White Throne judgment.

So, regarding my OP is there any reason it (Ezek war) can't happen at least 7 years before the GT?

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:10 PM, Yowm said:

So, regarding my OP is there any reason it (Ezek war) can't happen at least 7 years before the GT?

Hi Yowm,

There are parts of Israel outside the wall, and I believe there will be a temporary peace soon, and then the Russian Federation and its allies are brought down to the mountains of Israel by the Lord. (Ez. war) It is after their annihilation by God that the 7 year peace treaty will be made with Islam. The tribulation will then have begun.

It really can`t happen 7 years before as God is declaring His sovereign protection for Israel among the nations.

`Thus I will magnify myself and sanctify myself, and I will be known in the eyes of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the Lord.` (Ez. 38: 23)

That is why the world will clamour for peace & security, (safety). The peace treaty will be signed and the trib, will have begun.

The 7 months for Israel cleansing the land is in preparation for their sacrifices to start. I have the details in my blog, `The Tribulation Calendar,` and the Jewish months for each Major event mentioned in scripture.  Thus I believe the Ez. war will start early 2020!  Not long to see whether or not.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

After fighting in a war in the Middle East I bet this one happens in the late fall/early winter. Fighting in the summer really blows, plus all that heat is a huge strain on the logistics side of things...gotta haul a lot of water, spare parts cause engines overheat ect.

I think what people are missing is the first verse, it says "I'll put hooks in the jaws of Gog and Magog and drag him south."

When I was in Iraq I wouldnt even look for the roadside bomb- it was a waste of my time. I would look for the out of the ordinary (in math theory this is called the anomaly.) This would tip me off that we had trouble coming. The first verse is the anomaly- something sets this battle in motion.

I believe its Isaiah Ch. 17.- Damascus gets leveled in one night.

I think Hezbollah has some of Syria's chemical weapons and ends up using them on Israel. Israel will hold Syria responsible. Syria is allied with Russia and Iran which puts this little shindig into motion.

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Thus I believe the Ez. war will start early 2010!

Hi Marilyn.  Did you mean 2020?

Personally, I see the Next War as the Great Arab War (WW3) where the nations that are left out of the Gog / Magog war (Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Jordan) are destroyed in the Daniel 11 (perhaps connected to the Psalm 83 war -- same war differnt focus) and we see the stage for the establishment of the Temple.   So if you are looking for the Gog / Magog war and the timing of such -- you need to figure out why the arch enemies of Israel have not mentioned especially Egypt.  And then figure out what happened to them?

God bless,

George

7 hours ago, George said:

however, there's a "Gog and Magog" mentioned in Revelation, so that passage "Israel in perfect peace without walls and gates" may be a post mill. passage, since right now there's a WALL (mostly a fence) and Israel is not living in "perfect peace' right now.

And this is why i believe the Ezek 38 Gog Magog war will be happening at the end of the millennium.. The description of the kingdom living in perfect peace can only be a reality in the Millennium to me..