The Cross

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

What role does the Cross play in your walk with Christ?  Have you ever found yourself worshipping the Cross instead of Christ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Christ's dying on the cross for my sins means everything to me.  It represents His love for me, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.  It represents G0d's grace in granting me His righteousness that I may come boldly to the throne of grace.  I will be admitted into His presence.  He has adopted me as His own and given me His Spirit as the down payment on my inheritance.  He has given me love, joy and peace in this life that were make possible by His death and resurrection.  We love because He first loved us.  

I have never worshipped the cross.  I worship the Christ Who died there and arose to forgive the world of its sin.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 6/12/2018 at 12:31 PM, Kirk341345 said:

What role does the Cross play in your walk with Christ?  Have you ever found yourself worshipping the Cross instead of Christ?

There is no "walk with Christ" without the Cross being the reason for the walk..

The Cross, with Christ on it, is why a believer is a believer, and is the sole reason that God accepts them into His Kingdom family.

On Christian forums, you'll hear a lot of deceived self righteous immature religious people talking a good game about "living holy" and  "working for the Lord", but in fact, if there was no Cross, then Living for the Lord would not be available, much less working for Him, and in both cases they are useless with regards to what the CROSS does for you, by itself.

Without the Cross, there is no such thing as Christianity, as its the CROSS ALONE that gives it its power, its truth, its meaning, and its Hope.

This is why the Apostle Paul said that...."Jesus didnt send me to water baptize, but He sent me to PREACH THE CROSS", AS the "preaching OF THE CROSS is THE Power of GOD unto salvation"....and nothing else.

The "gospel" is not about "letting Jesus into your life" and its not about "making Him the Lord of it"......The Gospel is Preaching the REASON FOR THE CROSS.....

And you might consider that, oh ye reader.

The Cross is WHY Jesus came here...........He came to die on it.......He was both sent and born for this purpose.

<B><

Edited by Behold

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

One can lean on the Cross in the sense that if Jesus had not shed His Blood  on it, we would all be lost......either lean on it and what it represents ( the greatest act of love in the universe) or be an “ enemy of the Cross”.Christ endured the torture and the shame of the Cross for the joy he knew awaited Him on the other side of it. That joy came from saving Mankind.....at least those that would “ come to Him. One can do that by believing Paul’s Gospel, given to him by Jesus.....1cor15:1-4