Honesty versus release of guilt

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Is desiring to keep a clean conscience something we should do as christians, I see so many people talking about people minding their own business , but what if your conscience doesn't feel clear or at peace about something despite your best efforts to believe you have subdued it or minded your business. Any help would be appreciated 

Oh I see, even when the situation or clearing of conscience is not to do with myself ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, seekingGod97 said:

Is desiring to keep a clean conscience something we should do as christians, I see so many people talking about people minding their own business , but what if your conscience doesn't feel clear or at peace about something despite your best efforts to believe you have subdued it or minded your business. Any help would be appreciated 

Welcome again to Worthy, it is always important to look what God wants you to do in certain situations, if your conscience is not clear about something, confess it to God and make it right, you cannot be a happy Christian with sin on your mind,remember God hates sin because He is Holy,and if you love The Lord ,you will only want to do what is right.

1 Peter 3:16

and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame.

1 Timothy 1:19

keeping faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and suffered shipwreck in regard to their faith.

Acts 24:16

"In view of this, I also do my best to maintain always a blameless conscience both before God and before men.

Job 27:6

s"I hold fast my righteousness and will not let it go. My heart does not reproach any of my days.

Acts 23:1

Paul, looking intently at the Council, said, "Brethren, I have lived my life with a perfectly good conscience before God up to this day."

Romans 9:1

I am telling the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience testifies with me in the Holy Spirit,

2 Timothy 1:3

I thank God, whom I serve with a clear conscience the way my forefathers did, as I constantly remember you in my prayers night and day,

5 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Welcome again to Worthy, it is always important to look what God wants you to do in certain situations, if your conscience is not clear about something, confess it to God and make it right, you cannot be a happy Christian with sin on your mind,remember God hates sin because He is Holy,and if you love The Lord ,you will only want to do what is right.

1 Peter 3:16

and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame.

1 Timothy 1:19

keeping faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and suffered shipwreck in regard to their faith.

Acts 24:16

"In view of this, I also do my best to maintain always a blameless conscience both before God and before men.

Job 27:6

s"I hold fast my righteousness and will not let it go. My heart does not reproach any of my days.

Acts 23:1

Paul, looking intently at the Council, said, "Brethren, I have lived my life with a perfectly good conscience before God up to this day."

Romans 9:1

I am telling the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience testifies with me in the Holy Spirit,

2 Timothy 1:3

I thank God, whom I serve with a clear conscience the way my forefathers did, as I constantly remember you in my prayers night and day,

Thank you for the scriptures, I was not aware of some of these scriptures(shows I still have a long way to go), my conscience has been pricking me for a while about something but due to fear and deciding to live in denial I ignored it for a while. but it kept bubbling up and I would push it back down, but I believe that God this time doesn't want me to push it back down again and pretend otherwise as I have really come to understand my salvation in recent months and am seeking God a lot more when before I would turn to things of the world, I took this as a sign that God was directing me because I could have just turned to things of the flesh to help me forget about it again but something (the holy spirit I think) told me to turn to God

33 minutes ago, seekingGod97 said:

Thank you for the scriptures, I was not aware of some of these scriptures(shows I still have a long way to go), my conscience has been pricking me for a while about something but due to fear and deciding to live in denial I ignored it for a while. but it kept bubbling up and I would push it back down, but I believe that God this time doesn't want me to push it back down again and pretend otherwise as I have really come to understand my salvation in recent months and am seeking God a lot more when before I would turn to things of the world, I took this as a sign that God was directing me because I could have just turned to things of the flesh to help me forget about it again but something (the holy spirit I think) told me to turn to God

Don't turn to the world, the world knows Him not. The world might look attractive but the end is misery!

Why don't you start to read the book of John?

The Witness of John
…9The true Light who gives light to every man was coming into the world. 10He was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him. 11He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.…

If you have any questions please ask :)

3 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Don't turn to the world, the world knows Him not. The world might look attractive but the end is misery!

Why don't you start to read the book of John?

The Witness of John
…9The true Light who gives light to every man was coming into the world. 10He was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him. 11He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.…

If you have any questions please ask :)

thank you for the suggestion, I have repented of those sins and turning to the world for comfort, thats why every way possible I am trying to build up a better relationship with God.

16 minutes ago, seekingGod97 said:

thank you for the suggestion, I have repented of those sins and turning to the world for comfort, thats why every way possible I am trying to build up a better relationship with God.

You can only build a better relationship with God if you turn  away from the world ,if you know Jesus and what He did for you,you want to live for Him only , knowing  that  He loved you so much that He died for you so you will have life forever with your Savior! :)

Are you born again?

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

You can only build a better relationship with God if you turn  away from the world ,if you know Jesus and what He did for you,you want to live for Him only , knowing  that  He loved you so much that He died for you so you will have life forever with your Savior! :)

Are you born again?

yes you are right, I am beginning to do that more. yes I am, I gave my life as a young teenager but I feel like my faith was no where near what it should be. Now I can feel more assurance that I am saved 

56 minutes ago, seekingGod97 said:

yes you are right, I am beginning to do that more. yes I am, I gave my life as a young teenager but I feel like my faith was no where near what it should be. Now I can feel more assurance that I am saved 

May I ask how you can feel more assurance?

Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.Romans 10:17

Feelings can be deceiving but the Word of God is always truth :)

Because you are in Christ, EVERY ONE of these statements is true of you.

• I am loved. 1 John 3:3
  • I am accepted. Ephesians 1:6
  • I am a child of God. John 1:12
  • I am Jesus' friend. John 15:14
  • I am a joint heir with Jesus, sharing His inheritance with Him. Romans 8:17
  • I am united with God and one spirit with Him. 1 Corinthians 6:17
  • I am a temple of God. His Spirit and his life lives in me. 1 Corinthians 6:19
  • I am a member of Christ's body. 1 Corinthians 12:27
  • I am a Saint. Ephesians 1:1
  • I am redeemed and forgiven. Colossians 1:14
  • I am complete in Jesus Christ. Colossians 2:10
  • I am free from condemnation. Romans 8:1
  • I am a new creation because I am in Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17
  • I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved. Colossians 3:12
  • I am established, anointed, and sealed by God. 2 Corinthians 1:21
  • I do not have a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
  • I am God's co-worker. 2 Corinthians 6:1
  • I am seated in heavenly places with Christ. Eph 2:6
  • I have direct access to God Ephesians. 2:18
  • I am chosen to bear fruit John. 15:16
  • I am one of God's living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house. 1 Peter 2:5
  • I have been given exceedingly great and precious promises by God by which I share His nature. 2 Peter 1:4
  • I can always know the presence of God because He never leaves me Hebrews. 13:5
  • God works in me to help me do the things He wants me to do Philippians 2:13
  • I can ask God for wisdom and He will give me what I need. James 1:5

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

May I ask how you can feel more assurance?

Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.Romans 10:17

Feelings can be deceiving but the Word of God is always truth :)

Because you are in Christ, EVERY ONE of these statements is true of you.

• I am loved. 1 John 3:3
  • I am accepted. Ephesians 1:6
  • I am a child of God. John 1:12
  • I am Jesus' friend. John 15:14
  • I am a joint heir with Jesus, sharing His inheritance with Him. Romans 8:17
  • I am united with God and one spirit with Him. 1 Corinthians 6:17
  • I am a temple of God. His Spirit and his life lives in me. 1 Corinthians 6:19
  • I am a member of Christ's body. 1 Corinthians 12:27
  • I am a Saint. Ephesians 1:1
  • I am redeemed and forgiven. Colossians 1:14
  • I am complete in Jesus Christ. Colossians 2:10
  • I am free from condemnation. Romans 8:1
  • I am a new creation because I am in Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17
  • I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved. Colossians 3:12
  • I am established, anointed, and sealed by God. 2 Corinthians 1:21
  • I do not have a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
  • I am God's co-worker. 2 Corinthians 6:1
  • I am seated in heavenly places with Christ. Eph 2:6
  • I have direct access to God Ephesians. 2:18
  • I am chosen to bear fruit John. 15:16
  • I am one of God's living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house. 1 Peter 2:5
  • I have been given exceedingly great and precious promises by God by which I share His nature. 2 Peter 1:4
  • I can always know the presence of God because He never leaves me Hebrews. 13:5
  • God works in me to help me do the things He wants me to do Philippians 2:13
  • I can ask God for wisdom and He will give me what I need. James 1:5

I feel more assurance because despite all the fears that I have recently or anxieties, it is God who I want, who I believe can help me, because I truly believe that he has died for me. Although I gave my life a while ago I have never desperately and tried my best to pursue a relationship with God and really given deep thought to how I am living my life.