seekingGod97

Giving me peace

Posted (edited)

I spend so much time afraid and anxious, but not enough praising, I just want to thank God for giving me peace in the midst of my anxiety and for drawing me out of my despair!

Edited by seekingGod97
topic change
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

On 6/12/2018 at 6:27 PM, seekingGod97 said:

I spend so much time afraid and anxious, but not enough praising, I just want to thank God for giving me peace in the midst of my anxiety and for drawing me out of my despair!

I can relate, seekingGod. Sometimes, it's like a cloud blew in from nowhere. Talking with God, I want it taken away right now. No patience. Then I remember His word.........( a favorite)...

Php 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

that's a really encouraging scripture Gary, thank you, you are right, I need to focus my mind more on things of God and not those of this world or situations around me. 

i too, suffer from anxiety, its like a cloud over your head and its hard to shake. the world can be such a negative place and drags you down and its seems everything is happing all at once.

I like to listen to christian music its all i Got sometimes to life me out, nothing like praising the LOrd when you are in dispair. i think of david and Job, and can relate to them and joseph in the bible, the stuff they all went through. But i am brought to my knees and i cry. love the lord so much, nothing without him. 

you not alone, never think that. i was actually thinking about that the other day, and wonder if becuse of what we go through and all that, that God alows it for a reason, one being to rely on him alone and also thin if Jesus and what he went through. i was watching a jim cavezel ( the passion of christ) and he had this talk and said, Jesus never said our life would be easy, we are not of this world this is not our home, and it really helped me. so many people think our life is to be easy, but its not. think if our Lord and all the things he went through, he didnt have a home, that stress but he had peace total peace as his eyes where focused on heaven and not of this world. hope it encourages you.

• Loved it! 1