Yowm

Pope as AntiChrist?

The Vatican has always made it a policy to crawl into bed with any country or entity that will further its own goals.  I have no doubt that it will be involved in some way during that time.  There is going to be a host of folks that want to buddy up to the powers that are in control.  But as for the false messiah / antichrist entity, I am not so sure it is someone from Rome or area of the Roman empire of days gone by.  I had never looked quite as close to Daniel in conjunction with Isaiah on determining this character as I have recently, and it is very compelling that this guy will come out of a revived Islamic Caliphate, specifically the area of what would have constituted the old Assyrian empire.  

But you are right on one thing, in the final analysis it will be the same result.

Edited by OldCoot
Spelling.... darn spell checker!
  • Thumbs Up 1

The popes perhaps were antichrists but not the antichrist, “Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.” (1 John 2:16). And did not our Lord Jesus say, “For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.” (Matthew 24:24). However, I tend to see the false christs  as the aberrations and alterations of who Christ is in a false gospel (Galatians 1:8-9, 2 Corinthians 11:2-4), a a false christ as in a religious belief like Mormonism or a person claiming to be the christ. It would seem the popes were so called, it would be false prophets. However, antichrist doesn’t mean against Christ but to replace Christ, so the pope being Vicar of Christ instead of letting Jesus be sole Mediator (1 Timothy 2:5) can be seen as antichrist. 

Yeah, the title Vicar of Christ is literally "in place of Christ".  Quite a title to place on a man.  The RCC should have re-thought using such a phrase knowing full well the risk of pride and self aggrandizing that would occur by having such a title.  But knowing that, they retain the idea of the Pope being in place of Christ.   So they have to take the heat for that.   I won't judge the RCC leadership hearts regarding that, but I am allowed to judge what they put out there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/13/2018 at 8:49 AM, Yowm said:

I guess when the reformers wrote, the pope pretty much ruled the kings. Maybe we'll see a resurgence of that power?

Resurgence?

[1] The ruler and head of about 1.6 billion people on the face of the earth. 

[2] Whom does every new president meet with right away when they take office? To include many other nations including Muslim?

[3] Who has always claimed to be the 'one true church'?

[4] With their assets, money, global property, structures and cathedrals, Jerusalem holdings, historical artifacts and investments... They have more wealth than most nations on earth, probably including the US.

[5] The strong and successful ecumenical movement drawing the 'protesters' back into the fold of the one true church, and coddling the Muslim's with, we all worship and pray to the same god.

I don't see a resurgence, but gaining in power again myself.

1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

Resurgence?

[1] The ruler and head of about 1.6 billion people on the face of the earth. 

[2] Whom does every new president meet with right away when they take office? To include many other nations including Muslim?

[3] Who has always claimed to be the 'one true church'?

[4] With their assets, money, global property, structures and cathedrals, Jerusalem holdings, historical artifacts and investments... They have more wealth than most nations on earth, probably including the US.

[5] The strong and successful ecumenical movement drawing the 'protesters' back into the fold of the one true church, and coddling the Muslim's with, we all worship and pray to the same god.

I don't see a resurgence, but gaining in power again myself.

Good points, but they will have to clean up their image a bit in the light of the sex scandals to have a world wide influence amongst us commoners.

22 hours ago, Yowm said:

Good points, but they will have to clean up their image a bit in the light of the sex scandals to have a world wide influence amongst us commoners.

Well, let's think about that for a moment. I'm only speculating, but what 'if' signs and wonders were suddenly introduced? Wouldn't it be secular human nature to put that on the front burner? I.E. A category I hurricane hits South Carolina today and tomorrow a category 5 hurricane hits New Orleans tomorrow, where's peoples attention going to be drawn to? Just my warped thinking anyway.

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Well, let's think about that for a moment. I'm only speculating, but what 'if' signs and wonders were suddenly introduced? Wouldn't it be secular human nature to put that on the front burner? I.E. A category I hurricane hits South Carolina today and tomorrow a category 5 hurricane hits New Orleans tomorrow, where's peoples attention going to be drawn to? Just my warped thinking anyway.

That would be pretty warped, peoples devotion drawn to sexual perverts doing miracles.

On 9/15/2018 at 9:09 AM, Yowm said:

That would be pretty warped, peoples devotion drawn to sexual perverts doing miracles.

It already happens here in the US; we call them actors. :emot-LOL:

• Haha 1

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:09 AM, Yowm said:

I think if they were doing miracles, those people would decide the perversions must be ok......

• Haha 1