• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, iamlamad said:

If you don't know the difference between someone RIDING a horse and a horse pulling a chariot, I wonder why you are here. 

My wife sometimes wonders, WHY AM I HERE TOO!  ??‍♂️

• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

51 minutes ago, Spock said:

Push on brother....learn as you go like we all do, we push each other. iamlamad is sometimes a negative nancy towards others, I don't think he means it, he just doesn't think things through at times, but hes alright. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

On 6/15/2018 at 3:54 PM, Steve Conley said:

Babel Man, wow, we actually have a point of agreement. You might want to reconsider your position on that text. Many pre-tribbers see those people being taken to judgement. Some have even said, "I want to be left behind", in the context of those verses. Nevertheless, Matthew's account of the Olivet Discourse focuses upon Christ's arrival at His second coming, therefore, those taken, are taken in the catching up of the elect

The context of when those are taken is from the hook up to those in Noah's day.  The taken then were the ones who were taken away in the flood.  Those fit for destruction.  And then the discourse goes right into those who are taken at the time of the end.   To maintain hermeneutical integrity, it has to mean that those taken are the ones fit for destruction.

It is the lead up to Matthew 25 regarding the maidens and the sheep/goat judgement.  The parable of the maidens is an exposition on Ezekiel 20 where at the end, the Lord says that He will have Jacob (Israel) pass under the rod and purge out the rebellious.   Those that are not purged out remain.  The Sheep/Goat judgement is the same thing except it pertains to the nations being judged.  That is an exposition on Joel 3.  And in that case also, those fit for destruction are removed.   

From both of these groups, those that are left are the mortal people who go into the Messianic kingdom and repopulate the earth.   And being mortal, they will have mortal children that will sin also.  Unfortunately, to the extent that by the end of the 1000 years and Satan is released, he is able to foment a major final rebellion.

Edited by OldCoot

40 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

Push on brother....learn as you go like we all do, we push each other. iamlamad is sometimes a negative nancy towards others, I don't think he means it, he just doesn't think things through at times, but hes alright. 

I love iamlamad...he is a great guy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Good answer!

52 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

Ha ha! Good try, RM! 

4 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Zechariah 1:8; 6:1-8 – The Four Horsemen
"Summary
The four "winds" or "spirits" of heaven descend to earth on chariots, each with different colored horses.
Analysis
The four horsemen of chapter 1, each on a horse of a different color, reappear riding chariots in chapter 6. They are reminiscent of the "four living creatures" in Ezekiel 1:5-12 (see also Ezekiel 14:21). The four creatures and the four horsemen appear together in Revelation 4:6b-8; 6:1-8, where each of the four living creatures summons one of the "four horsemen of the apocalypse," as we know them from numerous depictions in art and literature. As in Zechariah, the horses have different colors, but whereas in Zechariah their role is to "patrol" the four corners of the earth, the horsemen in Revelation bring judgment--capture, slaughter, economic hardship, and death.
Zechariah 1:8; 6:1-8

8In the night I saw a man riding on a red horse! He was standing among the myrtle trees in the glen; and behind him were red, sorrel, and white horses.
Eighth Vision: Four Chariots

6And again I looked up and saw four chariots coming out from between two mountains—mountains of bronze. 2The first chariot had red horses, the second chariot black horses, 3the third chariot white horses, and the fourth chariot dappled grey* horses. 4Then I said to the angel who talked with me, ‘What are these, my lord?’ 5The angel answered me, ‘These are the four winds* of heaven going out, after presenting themselves before the Lord of all the earth. 6The chariot with the black horses goes towards the north country, the white ones go towards the west country,* and the dappled ones go towards the south country.’ 7When the steeds came out, they were impatient to get off and patrol the earth. And he said, ‘Go, patrol the earth.’ So they patrolled the earth. 8Then he cried out to me, ‘Lo, those who go towards the north country have set my spirit at rest in the north country.’ "

https://www.enterthebible.org/Controls/feature/tool_etb_resource_display/resourcebox.aspx?selected_rid=340&original_id=56

In Revelation, the color white was used for righteousness 16 times. We can be sure that the white color on the horse is also to represent righteousness. In contest (the time Jesus ascended and sent the Holy Spirit down) the white horse is the church sent out with the gospel around 32 AD. They are to conquer and they are to be victorious: the crown. The church has spread the gospel to nearly every country in the world. We as the church have been victorious. Wars did not stop the church, famines did not stop the church, pestilences and death did not stop the church. NOTHING has stopped the church except perhaps lethargy. 

The Red, the Black and the Pale horses and riders could not stop the church. The gates of hell cannot prevail. 

These are the four horses of Revelation. They have nothing to do with the other horses in the bible. 

44 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

In Revelation, the color white was used for righteousness 16 times. We can be sure that the white color on the horse is also to represent righteousness. In contest (the time Jesus ascended and sent the Holy Spirit down) the white horse is the church sent out with the gospel around 32 AD. They are to conquer and they are to be victorious: the crown. The church has spread the gospel to nearly every country in the world. We as the church have been victorious. Wars did not stop the church, famines did not stop the church, pestilences and death did not stop the church. NOTHING has stopped the church except perhaps lethargy. 

The Red, the Black and the Pale horses and riders could not stop the church. The gates of hell cannot prevail. 

These are the four horses of Revelation. They have nothing to do with the other horses in the bible. 

Zechariah 6 says....

These are the four spiritsfn of heaven, going out from standing in the presence of the Lord of the whole world.

Spirits=angels=winds

See Hebrews 1:7 “he makes his angels winds, his servants flames of fire....”

• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

4 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Ha ha! Good try, RM! 

I meant your words, not thoughts......If you reread each post I am sure you would change some of the wording sometimes. If I don't agree with you I have learned there is no reason to debate you. You are to entrenched in positions IMHO, so its a waste of time to even go there.  I just let it ride. 

• Haha 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

On 6/23/2019 at 10:41 AM, Spock said:

Hey brother,

This is how I’m interpreting the Noah reference in Matt 24. Let me know what you think. 

“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son,b but the Father only. 37For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

It seems the similarity to both Noah and second coming is the earth dwellers are surprised (unaware) Judgment was coming. 

Even though they were watching Noah build this arc the flood  still seems to come up them suddenly (unaware it says).  I think it will be like that at the second coming.  Even though all hell  is breaking loose on earth, the people will still be “caught with their pants down” by the suddenness of the reentry to the planet of our Lord.  

When I think about history, it seems like people have a way of getting on with doing what they have to do no matter hits them....world war, A-bomb, Pearl Harbor, some tsunami, earthquake......whatever.

I agree with this. They will be unaware even though the signs are all around them.

The other similarity of note, at least in my mind, is this, "...until the day when Noah entered the ark,". As the flood began on that day when Noah was brought into safety, so the fire will begin on the day we are brought to safety.

• Thanks 1