n2thelight

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0

Keep in mind that Jesus is telling those who were not even believers yet about the time of the end and what was going to happen

You need to adjust your thinking about Matthew 24

Edited by Daniel 11:36

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

1 hour ago, Revelation Man said:

You don't have to finish it, it very obvious what it means, he came ONLY to the Jews, thus his preaching's and teachings wee only for the Jews, but he will have MERCY on all who Believe/have Faith, thus Jesus sent Paul unto the Gentiles, but he sent a Disciple unto the Gentiles after he had died. His Ministry was unto the Jews ONLY..........More proof of this is found in Matthew ch. 10, he sent forth the 12 and their disciples, but he told them NOT TO GO unto the Gentiles, only unto the Jews !!

Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Just because he HAD MERCY doesn't mean that was whom he was sent unto, thus his teachings were into the Jews only, the Disciples were to take the Gospel unto the world, that was not Jesus' Ministry.  The scriptures tell you who he was sent unto. Matthew 24 is very specific and easy to understand except those who try to make it something is not.

1.) Matthew 24:1-6 is from Jesus to the 70 AD Event.

2. Matthew 24:7-14 is about the Jews taking the Gospel unto the world, being killed along the way and Jesus telling them the Gospel would be preached unto all the World TEN THE END Would come, this it reverts back to the Jews and the End Times.

3. Matthew 24:15-31 is the Tribulation period that the Jews go through, thus Jesus says FLEE JUDEA.......Meaning Jews !!

4. Matthew 24:36-51 is the Rapture, some Jews will be Raptured, but Jesus was very vague on this subject, so much so Matthew doesn't even understand it, he places it out of the order it should be in. Of course he would think its all the way at the end. 

All of this is to the Jews. 

Was Matthew 24 to Israel or the Jews only?  The Jews are one tribe of Israel similar to California is one state in the USA.

21And when Rehoboam was come to Jerusalem, he assembled all the house of Judah, with the tribe of Benjamin, an hundred and fourscore thousand chosen men, which were warriors, to fight against the house of Israel, to bring the kingdom again to Rehoboam the son of Solomon.

The House of Israel and the House of Judah split apart.  Those we know in the land of Israel today are Jews and Benjamin known as the House of Judah but not all those from the House of Israel are Jews.

Your arguments are all about supporting the idea that Matthew 24 is given to the church

This idea is a farce and not Biblical truth

Matthew 24 is specifically given to Israel with the resultant ending

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/21/1958

4 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

There were no christians. There were really no believers yet, just followers. The Disciples really did not believe until the resurrection.

John 6:66-69 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. 67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? 68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. 69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

Maybe I don't understand what you mean by what you say here, but on the face of it, I am compelled to disagree. Peter seems to be making a strong, clear statement of faith in Christ here. We may just be quibbling over the meanings of a few words. Speaking of Peter, he fell in the garden, but was restored in John 21, which happened before Christ's ascension. When you said 'The Disciples really did not believe until the resurrection." were you referring to Christ's ascension? I'm not jumping down your throat, just looking for clarification. Thank you for your patience. I realize that I can be quite dense at times.

"Maybe I don't understand what you mean by what you say here, but on the face of it, I am compelled to disagree"

Understand that Peter did not really believe the Lord until much later .... his focus was at first upon Israel and not the Gentiles

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

58 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

1.) Matthew 24:1-6 is from Jesus to the 70 AD Event.

2. Matthew 24:7-14 is about the Jews taking the Gospel unto the world, being killed along the way and Jesus telling them the Gospel would be preached unto all the World TEN THE END Would come, this it reverts back to the Jews and the End Times.

3. Matthew 24:15-31 is the Tribulation period that the Jews go through, thus Jesus says FLEE JUDEA.......Meaning Jews !!

4. Matthew 24:36-51 is the Rapture, some Jews will be Raptured, but Jesus was very vague on this subject, so much so Matthew doesn't even understand it, he places it out of the order it should be in. Of course he would think its all the way at the end. 

All of this is to the Jews. 

I don't see a rapture in Matthew 24:36-51 as you state.  Can you list the specific verse?  I do see the rapture as occurring in Matthew 24:31.

• Thumbs Up 1

"I don't see a rapture in Matthew 24:36-51 as you state"

That is because there is no rapture stated in Matthew 24

The Lord is speaking about Israel in the passage and about what will happen during the 70th week decreed

The mystery of the rapture is given by Paul in Corinthians 15:51-58 and 1st Thessalonians 4:13-18

8 minutes ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

"I don't see a rapture in Matthew 24:36-51 as you state"

That is because there is no rapture stated in Matthew 24

The Lord is speaking about Israel in the passage and about what will happen during the 70th week decreed

The mystery of the rapture is given by Paul in Corinthians 15:51-58 and 1st Thessalonians 4:13-18

RevelationMan says there's a rapture in Matthew 24 and I agree with him.  I just couldn't find it where he said it was.

If there's no rapture in Matthew 24 then what is this a reference to?

• And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.  Matthew 24:31

This statement is in reference to the end of the tribulation period

There is no rapture here .... the rapture will take place just before the beginning of the coming tribulation period

This gathering will be of believing mortals who survived the tribulation period and they will enter and populate His millennial kingdom as mortals

Matthew

24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other

One thing that's easily overlooked which is of great significance is this little Greek word in Matthew 24:15 that is translated "Therefore"

οὖν - a conjunction indicating that something follows from another necessarily

The instructions given in Matthew 24:15 are given because of what takes place in the preceding verses.  Let's look:

• Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.  At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another.  Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many.  Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold.  But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.  This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.  15 Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand).  Matthew 24:9-15

What that's stating is that when you see the abomination of desolation, take action because the stuff in green is going to happen.  Look at particularly close at verse 9.

• Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.  Matthew 24:9

Are the Jews are going to be killed and hated by all nations because of the name of Jesus?  I don't think so.  It's clearly a message to Christians for the last days.

• Thumbs Up 3