• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  401
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ,

I have 85 questions that can be answered from the text of Matthew 24 which will facilitate an "organic" (not artificial) understanding of the teachings of Christ contained therein. The answers to some of these are very basic, others are insightful.

Christ's major treatise on His coming

A few days before His crucifixion, as Christ and His disciples were leaving the Temple and the disciples were pointing out the grand nature of the stone construction there, Jesus told them, not one stone was going to be left upon another, it was all going to be destroyed. Later upon the Mount of Olives Jesus was asked concerning this and the sign of His coming and the end of the world (aion). The following text is Christ's answer to those questions.

Matthew 24

Mat 24:3  And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

1) What questions did the disciples ask of Christ?

2) Are these answers directed to the same disciples that Christ's statement in John 14:3 was?

3) What is the Greek word from which "coming" is translated?

4) What does parousia mean?

5) What is the difference between parousia and "coming" (erchomai) in verse 30?

6) Do their questions imply that there will be signs associated with the said events?

Mat 24:4  And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 

Mat 24:5  For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 

Mat 24:6  And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 

Mat 24:7  For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 

Mat 24:8  All these are the beginning of sorrows.

7) As Jesus begins to answer the questions, what period of time are the answers pertaining to?

? What is the first thing that will characterize this period of time?

9) What is the second thing that will characterize that time?

10) What is it that the disciples are told not to be troubled about?

11) What does Jesus say will not be the end?

12) What other happenings characterize this time that does not indicate the end?

13) What designation does Jesus give these events that do not signal the end?

14) Are these types of events that Jesus called the beginning of sorrows unusual or unique to human history?

Mat 24:9  Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 

Mat 24:10  And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 

Mat 24:11  And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 

Mat 24:12  And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 

Mat 24:13  But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

15) After the beginning of sorrows, what does Jesus say takes place next?

16) What is the Greek word that is translated afflicted in verse 9?

17) What does thlipsis mean and in what ways is it translated?

18) What will the attitude and actions of the world be toward the followers of Christ after the beginning of sorrows?

19) For whose sake does this persecution come?

20) When the violent persecution comes what will happen to many who before professed Christ?

21) Who is it that Jesus says deceives many at the time of this violent persecution?

22) For what reason does the love of many grow cold?

23) What is necessary to be saved (physically delivered) from this violent persecution?

Mat 24:14  And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

24) What does Jesus say shall take place before the end comes?

25) What end is Jesus referring to?

26) In verse 3, the word world is translated from what Greek word and to what does it refer?

This is enough questions for now. I'll add more at a later time in another comment.

Hallelujah

Edited by Steve Conley

1 hour ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

"The teaching that says this chapter is just for the Jews is not from God"

It is son .... believe it

All hat, no cattle

Hallelujah

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0

Matthew 24 is about Israel during the coming tribulation

2 minutes ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

Matthew 24 is about the elect, who are believers in Jesus Christ (the Church), and the events prior to our gathering unto Christ. So, if you know Christ and are a part of the last generation of the church, Matt 24 is about you going through great tribulation.

Hallelujah

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

8 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

Ok Daniel 11:36......lets say you're right. All of Mathew 24 is for the Jews only. Going by all of the evidence that you have given to support your view, ie: it is son, believe it....read your bible son....etc, I have a few questions for you.

Which Jews will be affected by this?  Will it be all Jews worldwide, or only those living in Israel?

Mathew 24:5......many false Christs will deceive many...... Will these false Christs only appear to the Jews, again, worldwide or in Israel only?

Math 24:6......Nation rise against nation....kingdom against kingdom. Is this the 2 kingdoms of Israel that divided? Which Jewish nation will arise against which Jewish nation?

Math 24:6.....famines, pestilences, earthquakes...... Will these be in Israel only?

Math 24:9..... deliver you up to be afflicted, kill you, for my name's sake....... Will there be a mass revival for the Jews before this happens, seeing as it is for Jesus's name sake

Math 24:11..... many false prophets , deceive many....??????????????

Math 24:14....This Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached word wide, and then the end shall come.......Is this an after affect from the mass revival in verse 9...... or who is doing the preaching?

I'll skip a few verses and go down to Math:24:29.........Immediately after the tribulation, sun darkened,moon not give its light, stars fall.....Will all the world be affected or just the Jews?

Math 24: 30-31......Son of Man appear in the sky, all the tribes of the earth shall mourn.......   Will only the Jews see this awesome sign?....and mourn?

I could go on, but I see no point in doing so. If this is what you mean for Math 24 being for Jews/Israel only, then I contend that it is quite absurd to say the least. 

But perhaps, you mean something else.

"I could go on, but I see no point in doing so. If this is what you mean for Math 24 being for Jews/Israel only, then I contend that it is quite absurd to say the least"

Good for you son .... but it is for Israel

Why not talk about something else?

Edited by Daniel 11:36

26 minutes ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

"I could go on, but I see no point in doing so. If this is what you mean for Math 24 being for Jews/Israel only, then I contend that it is quite absurd to say the least"

Good for you son .... but it is for Israel

Why not talk about something else?

So that's what you got out of this? 

You present no evidence to support your 'theory".

Smoke and mirrors!

Math 24:16, and 20 are the ONLY verses which could be meant for Israel/Jews.

"Why not talk about something else"................. why? Because You give the same old answers every time......"read your bible"

Well, I do. And it's in reading my bible that I find answers.

You may well be a brother in the Lord, and one day we shall probably meet, but this nonsense about Math 24 being for Israel/Jews only is just that. Nonsense. It's a false teaching that is refuted by scripture.

Read YOUR bible.

• Thumbs Up 3

Read your Bible son .... the Lord is speaking to and about Israel in the coming tribulation period

Today's church will be in heaven with the Lord just before and will return at the end of the 70th week to rule in His millennial kingdom upon the earth

This is scriptural and factual

It is evident to me that you speak in a way that is very judgmental and untrue

I will not entertain you any more 

Edited by Daniel 11:36

33 minutes ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

Read your Bible son .... the Lord is speaking to and about Israel in the coming tribulation period

Today's church will be in heaven with the Lord just before and will return at the end of the 70th week to rule in His millennial kingdom upon the earth

This is scriptural and factual

It is evident to me that you speak in a way that is very judgmental and untrue

I will not entertain you any more 

I'm sorry that you feel that I'm speaking to you in a way that is judgmental and untrue. I don't mean it to sound like that.

I'm trying to get you to "prove" what you so dogmatically say using scripture to support your case. You have not provided any. If brothers in the Lord can't dialogue "within" scripture, and not what they think it might mean, then it's all for nothing. Iron sharpens iron. Scripture interprets scripture.  2Peter 1:20 tells us that "no scripture is of private interpretation".

You said...."Today's church will be in heaven with the Lord just before and will return at the end of the 70th week to rule in His millennial kingdom upon the earth"

The problem that I have with this statement is that 1Thes 4:16-17 refutes this. It says that the dead in Christ will rise FIRST, then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with THEM in the clouds......." ( You do agree that our being 'caught up' is the rapture, right)

But you say that "the Church will rise first". Do you not see the problem that I'm having with this? If what you say is true, then please back it up with scripture. It should be easy. Are you not a minister? (Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else) Did you not state elsewhere that you've been teaching this for a long time?

If I'm seeing this wrong, then please show me where I'm in error. I'm searching for the truth.