IGNORED

are you on facebook and how many Facebook friends do you have?

Equippers

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

and why and why not?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,531
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, Equippers said:

and why and why not?

No I am not.

Facebook to me turns out to be a vehicle for self worship, putting self first. It is used in a fashion that  becomes "all about me" and telling you about me and more about me.

It then leads to ridicule of others, bullying  of others.

School personnel now have to be assigned to watch facebook postings, as well as tweats, to try to get ahead of all sorts of vile attempts to do harm by kids one to another.

Employers also need to have people assigned to watch accounts to protect their businesses. Police departments the same. 

Facebook is an encourager of all that is vile, it is the tongue  of evil heart, and it becomes a near  permanent record, never to be blotted out. It is used by the accuser today , and perhaps will be part of some individuals record of life to face before God at the judgement sessions of all of humanity.

The time stolen by employees from their employers by unauthorized use of facebook is to me astounding. I see up to three devices being used at the same time by a desk worker one that greets people as they come into  a church office. All three, the cellphone, the Ipad tablet, and the office computer, are setup and locked  onto various facebook images flashing about, each with family members on their own devices sharing back, evidently no one working anywhere  within that family as they chatter on about themselves to each other.

It is all very weird to me,  this fascination with self.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Brilliant! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Equippers said:

and why and why not?

No

Because it is rapidly becoming a censored zone where Christian and conservative points of view are persecuted..

If Patton said of Rommel ..." I read your book", and he then used it to plan the battles to defeat Rommel, can you imagine the opportunity that is present today to defeat most everyone using their own record on facebook? Every employer/boss, and even fellow coworker can manipulate most every other employee by gaining the knowledge of  what has been made a record of their lifestyle.

Edited by Neighbor

11 minutes ago, Adstar said:

No

Because it is rapidly becoming a censored zone where Christian and conservative points of view are persecuted..

Hi, I am not familiar, is it (Christianity) censored  as in not allowed at all or is it persecuted as in attacked and or denied? 

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, I am not familiar, is it (Christianity) censored  as in not allowed at all or is it persecuted as in attacked and or denied? 

If your the kind of Christian who will say bluntly that homosexuality is an abomination to God and that the other forms of sexual degeneracy like transgenderism and lesbianism is evil or press the point that Jesus is the only way to eternity with God, declaring all other ways deceptions and false. It will not take long for your account to be suspended..

What is my kind or "the kind" of Christian? I haven't realized there  might be but one kind, saved by the grace and mercy of God alone.

Added later  - seems to me how one says something is equally important as what is said.

Edited by Neighbor
Deleted opening sentence entirely as it didn't properly covey my question

It does seem to me that blunt is not always the best way , and sometimes is not any way to reach out to  an unsaved world. Specifically a person in sin, obvious sin, that projects their sin proudly is not likely to turn about upon being shouted at as being a sinner.  They may be and in fact are, but they cannot hear, nor heed the warning without the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit.

I do like the model of Paul's  presentation at the Areopagus Acts 17:22-34

Edited by Neighbor

And how things are said is much of the facebook problem I suppose. Both the subject, telling all about me, and how it is told, seems to be harmfull to many. And so I do not participate. But then I am  an old geezer too, way past seeking out methods of self promotion.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, Neighbor said:

If Patton said of Rommel ..." I read your book", and he then used it to plan the battles to defeat Rommel, can you imagine the opportunity that is present today to defeat most everyone using their own record on facebook? Every employer/boss, and even fellow coworker can manipulate most every other employee by gaining the knowledge of  what has been made a record of their lifestyle.

They cant use anything I do or say on face book against me .  YOU KNOW WHY .   CAUSE I aint ever been and got no desire to be on hatebook.    or facebook.

Nun, none , zero,  nada, nilch .   NONE .   I aint ever once been led in any way shape or form to go anywhere near it .  I watched employees and others destroy each other

and just spew hate .     SO I guess in answer to the OP ,    NEVER , and ZERO.     never been and I have no facebook friends as a result .