IGNORED

are you on facebook and how many Facebook friends do you have?

Equippers

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,613
  • Content Per Day:  5.76
  • Days Won:  160
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

i have 300+ friends of which i have met and know at least 90% either from church or from here or as family. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

It's not just Facebook that has become about self promotion, along with Instagram and Twitter. Unfortunately it has also now the same even on LinkedIn. 

If I sold trumpets I would be a multimillionaire now with the amount of people who like to blow their own.

Not to the mention the dreaded humble brag... "I am so humbled and proud....that I have won this award / have come top on my months sales / now have this many likes and followers / have a new BMW sitting in my driveway etc etc.

2 Tim 3:2

People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I am on Facebook. I have probably around 250 friends/family on my profile. While i do use it to post pics of the kids for the extended family, i primarily use it as a political platform to share my views. Im also an admin of my towns local rants and raves page, some 13,000 members. Doesn't seem like a lot to easterners, its the biggest non sales group in my town, and again i use it a lot to debate local politics.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

The only reasons I'm on Facebook is to keep in touch with family members and friends. We're scattered across 3 continents so its easier that way. Email and Skype help too. The "friends list" is restricted to folks I know personally. Many of these I met over the years in various jobs, military, and elsewhere. The strange suggestions FB keeps making for more "friends" get rejected completely. Some of those are . . . really strange.

FB is just another social media site, and it is therefore a tool. The tool itself is not evil. It is the user who can use that tool for good or evil.

Edited by walla299
Phrasing fixes.