IGNORED

are you on facebook and how many Facebook friends do you have?

Equippers

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

THE NAME gives I away .  FACE book.   ITS ALL ABOUT ME ME ME , SELF SELF SELF  .     AND THAT OLD MAN NEEDS TO STAY DEAD . 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, I am not familiar, is it (Christianity) censored  as in not allowed at all or is it persecuted as in attacked and or denied? 

It is nothing of the sort. I freely post Bible verses and speak my thoughts on how I love Jesus with no issues what so ever.  You get people who violate the terms of service, then when they get removed for doing so they cry persecution. That is what is going on. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

1) Yes I am

2) No idea

I joined Facebook in 2009 when our daughter went to Japan for a year, and found it an excellent way to keep in touch with her. Since then I've sought out old university friends and a few other people from my past - people I was barely keeping in contact with via Christmas cards, but now feel much closer to. More recently, we've used it to organise social events - it's possible to have a 'group conversation' which is less clumsy than email. Our last church used it extensively to disseminate information about special services etc. Since we moved house, the friends we left behind have greatly appreciated seeing our news on a regular basis.

Best of all, now that our daughter lives 200 miles away, is that I don't have to keep calling her to check on her welfare. If she's posting on Facebook, then I know she's alive and well without invading her privacy (but yes, we do have proper phone conversations as well from time to time!)

Facebook, like other social media, is what you make of it. It's a tool that can be used well, or badly. Only 'friend' people you already know. Use the privacy settings intelligently. 'Hide' the posts and people that irritate you. It's common sense, really. 

Wow. You people got some judgmental issue concerning Facebook. I use it to talk to my family. Most of which are out of state. I also use it to check the school events, local events and small town happenings such as what time the swimming pool will open. Our church is  on FB. It gets church info to the members and know about anyone in need of prayer. Or any other church info that is needed. FB is like anything else. It is all in the way you use it. Sure if you want to post embarrassing photos of yourself, it will come back to bite you. But FB does not make you post embarrassing photos. That is all up to you. 

And I bet nothing I said is going to make any difference to anyone here. Your all just going go back and spout off how evil FB is when I am done. ? 

Edited by LadyKay

24 minutes ago, Yowm said:

No. No one cares which sock I put on first, not even Zuckerberg. LOL

I'm not wearing socks.?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

No Facebook for me so far.   Several times I've been a bit tempted to sign up only for some social groups and to be more informed about local events, but each time I'm reminded by family members of the drama and similarities to middle school social games.  In each case, the stress and drama seems to exceed the value.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Yes i am on face book. Most of my friends are people i worked with for over 35 years, went to highschool with,live close to [neighborhood watch], and was friends with on another christain web board that shut down afyer 11 years. The groups are closed and nothing i post can be seen by anyone who is not approved as a friend.  Things posted on one of the groups can't even be seen by friends that are not parr of that group.  I also have a dozen news sites on my news feed.   And finally keep up with family.  90% of the people who post on my news feed are christians and we have discussions asdeep or deeper than you will find here.  Those of you that have nothing good to say about FFB dont seem to understand how it works. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

If you use it that way.  I keep seeing the people who do not use it saying this, but how would they know?  Facebook is what you make it.  It's just a communication medium just like any other.  No better and no worse.  How a person uses it is up to them.  If you are a vapid and vain person posting endless selfies, well, that is all about self.  If you are posting pictures of kittens every day, cute, but not terribly interesting.  I use it to keep in touch with my kids and bore people with endless pictures of cars and their history.  Facebook isn't automatically bad because some people use it badly.

If people wanna use face book they can just as I use the internet.  I just got absolutely , no desire to be on it at all.    Not for good , not for evil.  Just no desire at all.

I have no desire to have a thing to do with it .    But I don't think the act of being on face book is evil .    Anymore than me using a computer is evil .

I just got no desire period , not a ounce of desire to be on it .    People have even said ,  that I could witness their .  And yet ,  I have absolutely no desire to be on it .

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

btw,  I have not had a single post on facebook that was removed.....   can't say the same about Worthy.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

I signed up one day when face book started many years back, to view my nieces photos. Next day, I found out they (FB) somehow found all my contacts, and made them accessible to others. So I was on for one day before deleting my account.
I agree, like anything, it is what you make of it. I have several friends who acquire much of their business on FB, and others who use FB in their business. Be careful posting pictures.  Like below, eighteen years ago. I still enjoy a little privacy.

Update May 15 at 3:11 PM ET: Facebook and Akamai responded to VentureBeat’s report. Read their responses here.

The National Security Agency and the FBI teamed up in October 2010 to develop techniques for turning Facebook into a surveillance tool.

Documents released alongside security journalist Glenn Greenwald’s new book, “No Place To Hide,” reveal the NSA and FBI partnership, in which the two agencies developed techniques for exploiting Facebook chats, capturing private photos, collecting IP addresses, and gathering private profile data.

According to the slides below, the agencies’ goal for such collection was to capture “a very rich source of information on targets,” including “personal details, ‘pattern of life,’ connections to associates, [and] media.”