Sign in to follow this  
Saved.One.by.Grace

10 Serious Problems with Jesus Calling

I came across this topic while researching a Pastor my wife and I listen to.  So I hyperlinked the article in case anyone has comments or knows about their association with the Word/Faith Movement.

Source: Jesus Calling

1. She speaks for God. {Sarah Young}
  2. She proclaims the insufficiency of the Bible. {Sarah Young}
  3. Her deepest experience of God comes through a practice God does not endorse. {Sarah Young}
  4. She is inspired by untrustworthy models. {Sarah Young}
  5. She provides lesser revelation. {Sarah Young}
  6. She mimics occult practices. {Sarah Young}
  7. Her emphasis does not match the Bible’s. {Sarah Young}
  8. Her tone does not match the Bible’s. {Sarah Young}
  9. She generates confusion. {Sarah Young}
  10. Her book has been corrected. {Sarah Young}

The point is clear: Jesus Calling is a book built upon a faulty premise and in that way a book that is dangerous and unworthy of our attention or affirmation. The great tragedy is that it is leading people away from God’s means of grace that are so sweet and so satisfying, if only we will accept and embrace them.  Is she a prophetess or a false teacher?

Jesus Always, is the Sequel to Jesus Calling.

any faith doctrine teaching is similar to witchcraft in that they claim by your faith you bring down from heaven  the anointing  to speak things/future/whatever/kosher pork Bologna into existence.  Witchcraft draws energy/power  from dark forces to do the spells.  I think the proper term is "conjure" 

This is something God showed me one day while sitting in a church listening to a sermon on word of faith teaching. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Cletus said:

any faith doctrine teaching is similar to witchcraft in that they claim by your faith you bring down from heaven  the anointing  to speak things/future/whatever/kosher pork Bologna into existence.  Witchcraft draws energy/power  from dark forces to do the spells.  I think the proper term is "conjure" 

This is something God showed me one day while sitting in a church listening to a sermon on word of faith teaching. 

Like you, the Holy Spirit has shown me the falseness of the Word of Faith teaching, however it's labeled.

18 hours ago, Cletus said:

Well, the issue with what you are saying is that it contradicts what Jesus said in Mark 11:24.

Witches, and others, understand this concept is true, so, they attempt it, in a dark way.

So, "calling (words) those things that be not"........ is not witchcraft in our case, in the case of the born again.  As a matter of fact, we are to use the word and words of our faith to speak into circumstances that are against us, or harming us, or harming people we love.

WE should, as this is real prayer....

Real prayer,  is not begging God.....as He already knows your pain and your problems....but He is not activated by this.......He is activated by your believing Faith and your words.

As a matter of fact, it is a transgression against God, to ask Him to do something, and you dont really believe He will.

This insults Him, oh ye believer........so dont ever do that.

See, Faith, is what moves God's provision and cure into your need......and you do this with words out of your mouth that are joined to the faith in your heart.

Sometimes a believer is just not realizing that 24/7, and for all eternity..... you have access to all that God is, all that God has, and all that God can Do, and that is because God is IN YOU and you belong to God..... and when you come to understand that God is literally living in you, then  your words are to be understood that they are more then just words, as you are connected, literally, to the Almighty.  And we are to use our understanding of this blood bought eternal connection, so that we BELIEVE our prayers WILL BE answered.

And here is something else.     Your words are powerful, they are not just words.. So, everyone is a seed....every word.......and you are constantly planting your spiritual destiny with your mouth.  So, be observant of how you talk about yourself, your life, your health, your kids, everything., as your words have power to bring it to pass.

"well, everyone died in my family tree from high blood pressure"......" cancer runs in my family"....... "yeah, i have cancer, just like i figured i would get it".

See how that works?..   This is not a JOKE........= Pay attention to your mouth and how you use it to bless your life or curse your life.

Let see if you can follow me here.........    > When God was creating existence, ....He saw it in His imagination, then He Spoke it into LIFE.....into Reality.

So, you have the SAME GOD, in you........and your Words, are connected to Him and His dominion......so, you have to not just think of your words as words, as now you have GOD in you, and your words are connected to Him.   And this is why when you BELIEVE, you are activating God who is IN YOU, with your faith + your words, to CAUSE something..

Consider it.

<B><

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

3 hours ago, Behold said:

Well, the issue with what you are saying is that it contradicts what Jesus said in Mark 11:24. 

Witches, and others, understand this concept is true, so, they attempt it, in a dark way.

So, "calling (words) those things that be not"........ is not witchcraft in our case, in the case of the born again.  As a matter of fact, we are to use the word and words of our faith to speak into circumstances that are against us, or harming us, or harming people we love.

WE should, as this is real prayer....

Real prayer,  is not begging God.....as He already knows your pain and your problems....but He is not activated by this.......He is activated by your believing Faith and your words.

As a matter of fact, it is a transgression against God, to ask Him to do something, and you dont really believe He will.

This insults Him, oh ye believer........so dont ever do that.

See, Faith, is what moves God's provision and cure into your need......and you do this with words out of your mouth that are joined to the faith in your heart.

Sometimes a believer is just not realizing that 24/7, and for all eternity..... you have access to all that God is, all that God has, and all that God can Do, and that is because God is IN YOU and you belong to God..... and when you come to understand that God is literally living in you, then  your words are to be understood that they are more then just words, as you are connected, literally, to the Almighty.  And we are to use our understanding of this blood bought eternal connection, so that we BELIEVE our prayers WILL BE answered.

And here is something else.     Your words are powerful, they are not just words.. So, everyone is a seed....every word.......and you are constantly planting your spiritual destiny with your mouth.  So, be observant of how you talk about yourself, your life, your health, your kids, everything., as your words have power to bring it to pass.

"well, everyone died in my family tree from high blood pressure"......" cancer runs in my family"....... "yeah, i have cancer, just like i figured i would get it".

See how that works?..   This is not a JOKE........= Pay attention to your mouth and how you use it to bless your life or curse your life.

Let see if you can follow me here.........    > When God was creating existence, ....He saw it in His imagination, then He Spoke it into LIFE.....into Reality.

So, you have the SAME GOD, in you........and your Words, are connected to Him and His dominion......so, you have to not just think of your words as words, as now you have GOD in you, and your words are connected to Him.   And this is why when you BELIEVE, you are activating God who is IN YOU, with your faith + your words, to CAUSE something..

Consider it.

<B><

I think there is a miscommunication here.  lets start with the scripture you quoted. 

Mar 11:24  Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

This scripture is not talking about what i am actually speaking of.  And, for the record, I do believe and do what mark 11:24 says to do.  But mark 11:24 is not saying what the word of faith teaching says.  Its not even saying prayer.  THe WOF is saying that you can speak things into existence.  on your own.  And it even says to those who cant seem to have this ability... well then you dont have the faith.  you need more faith. and even more its about faith and prosperity, physically so.  prosperity in the bible is not as they teach.   I understand the power of life and death are in the tongue,  but it is the added part of what the wof teaching puts in there that does make it like witchcraft.  the power of life and death is already there... there is no need to bring down anointing and to release it.  thats simply not how it works and its not how God operates.  Furthermore, there is another part to what you are saying.... and that is... is it Gods will? Let me tell you a story, a true one.  the story how i came to start to know that the whole name it and claim it thing is bunk.  I wanted to play an instrument.  I thought the guitar was the bees knees.  I found a good deal on the exact type and brand of guitar i wanted/liked.  I picked it up and prayed.  I told God I wanted this guitar, i believe your word, i claim this in the name of Jesus, blah blah blah.  I didnt have quite enough money on me.  So i told the cashier i would be right back.  He said no one has bought a guitar or even looked at them in months.  i thought it was a  sure thing.  I went to go the money.  went back.  only the one guitar i wanted was gone.  what what what?  heartbreaking.  months later i still wanted to play and i went in a music shop.  again, i did not have the money to buy a guitar.  But i did have the money to buy a drum.  a djembe.  pronounced jim-bay.  its an african drum.  didnt know a thing about drums.  but i had peace about it so i made the purchase.  On the way back home i prayed and asked God to teach me to play it.  in not to much time I was playing at an african wedding. 2 weeks prior i heard a quiet still voice say african wedding and i felt this beat come into my chest and move thru my arms and on to the drum head.  A deacon of the church i played in heard me play, and a friend came to get me to have us talk.  we exchanged numbers.  i went they chose me to play at an audition.  the groom told me i beat that drum like a mandingo warrior.  two weeks after the wedding i saw a video of an african wedding.  that beat that i played was the same beat in the video.  It was kinda weird being the only white guy at an african wedding and the one playing the drum.  I am not a guitar guy.  I am not a name it and claim it guy.  God does what He wants.  His will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.  God has not given us the ability to speak anything and everything we desire into existence.  the wof teaching sounds legit on the surface, but once you get down to the depth of what they teach, its false. 

Do you believe in the WOF teachings?

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:42 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

false teacher

Ecclesiastes chapter 12 verse 12

Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

The bible is the only thing I find worth reading or studying.

14 hours ago, john1 said:

Ecclesiastes chapter 12 verse 12

Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

The bible is the only thing I find worth reading or studying.

Ecclesiastes 12:9 (KJV)

And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs.

Ecclesiastes 12:10 (KJV)

The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.

Proverbs 4:6-7

6 Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. 7 The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.

Wisdom comes from many sources such as: preachers; teachers, pastors, etc.  We must not forsake the wisdom of others or their teaching.  We should pray for discernment to separate wise teaching from the world's deception.  Lean not on your own understanding but fervently seek the wisdom of others that come before you.  Seek God the source of all wisdom.

27 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Wisdom comes from many sources such as: preachers; teachers, pastors, etc. 

1 Corinthians chapter 1 verse 21

For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

1 hour ago, john1 said:

1 Corinthians chapter 1 verse 21

For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

How do you know the meaning of 1 Corinthians 1:21?  You have an English translation created by a team of translators from an assortment of textural fragments.  Have you read this passage in its original language, Aramaic?  Aren't you standing on the shoulders of those that came before you?

27 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

How do you know the meaning of 1 Corinthians 1:21?  You have an English translation created by a team of translators from an assortment of textural fragments.  Have you read this passage in its original language, Aramaic?  Aren't you standing on the shoulders of those that came before you?

John chapter 8 verse 31

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

Jesus never said learn Hebrew and Greek.

Sign in to follow this