IGNORED

Is it nessasary to go to a priest for confession?

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, I fear that I have commited a mortal sin. I really didn’t have the though of “I was committing a mortal sin” while I was doing it, the thought had really came after I did it. Anyway, my question is is it really nessasary to confess what I’ve done to a priest? I can’t drive yet and I really am uncomfortable with telling a priest. I realize I have sinned against God, I prayed to God asking Him for forgiveness. I’m really sorry for what I did and I will not do it again. Is it okay to go straight to God for forgiveness or do I have to go to a priest? I’ve heard if someone does a PERFECT act of contrition they can be forgiven but that is apparently very unusual. Can someone please help? 

EDIT: When posting this like a day ago I forgot to ask a question, I know the conditions of a mortal sin must be done knowingly. but, would it be a mortal sin if you weren’t thinking that it offended God when you did it but afterwards had a thought that mabye that was mortal sin you commited but did NOT know WHY it was mortal? 

Edited by Im0ne0ddC00kie
Just needed to add something

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

All confession should be made directly to God.  1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us the sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Im0ne0ddC00kie said:

Hi, I fear that I have commited a mortal sin. I really didn’t have the though of “I was committing a mortal sin” while I was doing it, the thought had really came after I did it. Anyway, my question is is it really nessasary to confess what I’ve done to a priest? I can’t drive yet and I really am uncomfortable with telling a priest. I realize I have sinned against God, I prayed to God asking Him for forgiveness. I’m really sorry for what I did and I will not do it again. Is it okay to go straight to God for forgiveness or do I have to go to a priest? I’ve heard if someone does a PERFECT act of contrition they can be forgiven but that is apparently very unusual. Can someone please help? 

Matthew 6:6 New King James Version (NKJV)

But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you [a]openly.

Luke 11:1-28 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Model Prayer

11 Now it came to pass, as He was praying in a certain place, when He ceased, that one of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.”

So He said to them, “When you pray, say:

Our[a] Father [b]in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
[c]Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins,
For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And do not lead us into temptation,
[d]But deliver us from the evil one.”

Cheers

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

13 hours ago, Im0ne0ddC00kie said:

Hi, I take it you were raised Catholic.   No, you don't need to confess your sins to a priest.   And you don't need to do any perfect act of contrition.  When you confess your sins to God, believe on Christ as your own personal Savior...then you are totally forgiven and cleansed by the blood of Christ shed for us.    Always remember 1 John 1:9.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

12 hours ago, Cletus said:

A priest is a man.  The Bible says not to put your trust in man, but rather put your trust in God. 

the only place I can think of in the bible that speaks about confessing to someone else other than God is james 5:16

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

I believe James 5:16 is about getting others to pray for you to request that you will be strenghthened to avoid the weakness / sin..

I do not believe it is to be done with the idea of obtaining forgivness..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Im0ne0ddC00kie said:

Great news! Jesus on the cross and in His resurrection made a way for you to go straight to Him, without people as your intermediaries, and when you trust Jesus for salvation, He forgives ALL your sin, instantly, immediately.

Because Jesus resurrected forever He can hear your salvation prayer today.

The Bible is filled with murderers and wicked people who committed what some people call "mortal sin" but were likewise, immediately forgiven. Today is the day for your salvation!

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,806
  • Content Per Day:  7.96
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

46901297_mecoonholdbibileandsignonemediator.jpg.b5282c9592bfad21a76de6bab515a052.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

20 hours ago, Im0ne0ddC00kie said:

EDIT: When posting this like a day ago I forgot to ask a question, I know the conditions of a mortal sin must be done knowingly. but, would it be a mortal sin if you weren’t thinking that it offended God when you did it but afterwards had a thought that mabye that was mortal sin you commited but did NOT know WHY it was mortal? 

Listen.......  when a person is caught up in something, they dont realize it.    In other words, if people KNEW they were deceived............Understand?

So, you are a person who has been raised to think about God, and Christ, and Christianity, in a way that God never intended.

And the problem for you is.        You have not yet come to the realization that your entire "church", is a man-made religion, that uses Jesus and Mary, and the "Host" and all these religious trapping to convince you that its Legitimate.    And its not.    So, your issue, is not mortal sin, your issue is that you belong to the most rich and  beautiful cult that has ever existed to control billions of people's minds.

Therefore, you have to deal with this, and find the Truth, so that by doing that you can forever escape all the "mental locks" that have been used on you, all your life.

Your church is not about "Jesus'..... Its about RELIGION., and it cunningly and deceitfully  uses all the right signs and symbols and words to make you think what you think.

And maybe you will have the courage and the strength and the will to find out that what i just told you is the Truth.

But if you dont, or if you wont....... then let me assure you of one thing........ The Blood of Jesus and the Grace of God, do not need your penance or your confession, to save you, or to keep you saved.

The blood of Jesus and the Grace of God, provide your salvation for you..........ALL of it, .........its a Gift, that you were given, when you Trusted in Christ, in your heart, to be your savior.

Edited by Behold
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Jesus is our one and only priest. To confess to a human priest, as though they had the power to do anything, is in fact, a sin itself. Jesus died and rose to pay the price for our sins and bridge the gap between us and God, and he serves as our priest. When we go to a human priest as is the way in Catholicism, we slap Jesus in the face, telling Him that we don't need him for our forgiveness of sins.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:47 AM, Im0ne0ddC00kie said:

There is not a more demonic or unbiblical practice than the Catholic confessional. The idea that a sinful man can forgive someone's sins is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. 1st Timothy 2:5 couldn't be clearer ... “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.Even the corrupt religious leaders of Jesus' time knew that only God can forgive sin, “...who can forgive sins but God only?” (Mark 2:7). 

• Thumbs Up 1