• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 9/20/2018 at 3:06 PM, iamlamad said:

Some moment in time, around 32 AD,  Jesus rises, raises the elders, then within hours ascends, and John, looking back in time saw that moment Jesus entered the throne room.

Rev. 4:1 After these things [Gr. meta tauta] I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after these things [Gr. meta tauta].”

After what things? The events of the 7 Churches of Rev. 2-3. Those churches were not founded until long after 32 AD. So for you to presume that John was "looking back in time" to before those churches were founded is a clear and unmistakable denial of Scripture.

I don't know who the Jesus is that has been talking to you, but it certainly isn't the Jesus that gave John the Revelation. The events of Rev. 4-5 come only after the events of Rev. 2-3 have been completely fulfilled. The events of Rev. 4-5 are the same events foretold in Daniel 7:9ff., which are undeniably End times.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10

10 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Rev. 4:1 After these things [Gr. meta tauta] I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after these things [Gr. meta tauta].”

After what things? The events of the 7 Churches of Rev. 2-3. Those churches were not founded until long after 32 AD. So for you to presume that John was "looking back in time" to before those churches were founded is a clear and unmistakable denial of Scripture.

I don't know who the Jesus is that has been talking to you, but it certainly isn't the Jesus that gave John the Revelation. The events of Rev. 4-5 come only after the events of Rev. 2-3 have been completely fulfilled. The events of Rev. 4-5 are the same events foretold in Daniel 7:9ff., which are undeniably End times.

It is not my problem that you  read and understand scriptures differently that I do. You imagine John wrote "“Come up here, and I will show you ONLY what must happen after these things.”  You see, John did not put an ONLY in that sentence. God could have shown John two or three future events and then filled up the book with recipes for manna - and He would not be going against this verse. The truth is, God DID show John events in the future, many of them still future to us. 

But you misunderstand; God shows John some things -  Then AFTER THAT  - showed John other things. God did this time after time in Revelation. John used a similar phrase like "after these things" 6 different times as a transitional phrase to move to a different subject in the visions. 

To be technical, those messages were to churches in 95 AD. So according to you, the next thing must be something after 95 AD, NOT AFTER something today. The truth is, you are reading into the text what is not there.  In 4:1 God was finished with messages to the 95 AD churches and wanted to show John VISIONS. So he called JOhn up to heaven, around 95 AD to show JOHN (not the church) some future events. However, God also showed John past events - History. 

In truth, the messages to the churches - no mater WHEN they were founded - is FINISHED in 4:1 and God turns to another subject: visions. That does not mean the church age is finished - it only means God is changing what John is going to see and hear. 

William, answer these questions, since you doubt my words:

WHY was Jesus not seen immediately in chapter 4, as John was looking into the throne room? It was 95 AD and Jesus had ascended many years previous. There are at least a dozen verses telling us Jesus should be at the right hand of the Father - yet He was not. John did not see Him because He was NOT at the right hand of the Father. WHY, William, WHY was Jesus not there?

John watched a search for one worthy to break the seals - but that search ended in failure and John wept much because "no man was found." WHY William? WHY was "no man found?"

If you look in chapter 4, the Holy Spirit was there in the throne room  - as the 7 spirits of God. But Jesus said He would send Him down as soon as He, Jesus, ascended. Why, William, was the Holy Spirit still there in chapter 4, but sent down in chapter 5?

The truth is, the ONLY reason you would deny that Jesus Christ, the head of the church spoke to me, is that you disagree with what I write. And OF COURSE you imagine you are right and I am wrong. So you wrote derogatory remarks.  Well, let's see how you answer these questions. Since you are so sure you are right, you must have answers ready. Show us all how you are right.

Daniel 7:9 timing is after the entire 70th week has finished. Your timing then is way off.

William, I missed something: I gave you those three questions before, and you have made no attempt to answer them - yet the right answer would solve our disagreements. My guess then is that you either can't answer them, or just won't because you consider yourself above such things as questions.

Edited by iamlamad

On 9/22/2018 at 9:06 PM, JoeCanada said:

Hi Abdicate....

This is brilliant. Loved it. Lays it out brilliantly. Well done.

(I have a shofar, but my blowing  does not sound like the blowing of the shofar at abdicate.net/shofar.mp4) ☹️

Well done!

On 9/22/2018 at 10:14 AM, Abdicate said:

AMEN!! This is why I stick to the scriptures. 

God, "Declaring the end from the beginning..." Isa 46:10a

Genesis 8 - Outpouring of the Holy Spirit (dove) - Last Days pour out Spirit

Genesis 7 - Shaking of the Earth - Earthquakes in divers places

Genesis 6 - Signs of the Days of Noah - violence and evil therefore the love of man grows cold

Genesis 5 - Rapture of Enoch - Rapture of the church

Genesis 4 - Marking of Cain - Marking of God's 144,000 and Mark of the Beast for the rest

Genesis 3 - Satan won over man 3:15 - Satan loses over a Man, Rev 20:2

Genesis 2 - Perfect Paradise - Rev 22 Perfect Paradise

Genesis 1 -

• Time Begins - Time Ends;
  • God walked with man - God walks with man;
  • Tree of Life - Tree of Life heals the nations;
  • Adam and Eve - Jesus and His Bride;
  • No sickness or death - No more sickness or death;

First two chapters of the word of God are perfect. Alef; Alpha

Last two chapters of the word of God are perfect. Tav; Omega

Genesis - Nimrod one world government; tower of Babel

Revelation - Antichrist one world government; mystery Babylon; Babylon is destroyed

Isaiah 46:9-10 (KJV)

Remember the former things of old: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else; [I am] God, and [there is] none like me,  Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:  

Revelation 22:13 (KJV)

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.  

John 1:1-5 (KJV)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  The same was in the beginning with God.  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.  In him was life; and the life was the light of men.  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.  

Isaiah 57:1-2

The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come. He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness.

Revelation 3:10 (KJV)

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Genesis 19:22-23 (ESV2011)

Escape there quickly, for I can do nothing till you arrive there.” Therefore the name of the city was called Zoar. The sun had risen on the earth when Lot came to Zoar.

1 Thessalonians 5:9 (KJV)

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

The end is declared from the beginning. Look at the order in which Jesus fulfilled the spring feasts:

• Passover
  • Unleavened Bread
  • First Fruits
  • Pentecost

The fall feast are:

• Trumpets
  • Atonement
  • Tabernacles

More scripture showing the order which happens per the calendar, the date, the order, are sequential. They cannot be out of order. The Feast of Trumpets contains an event where trumpets are blown 100 times with the last one having a name BY THE JEWS called Tekiah haGadolah. The trumpet wasn’t the brass ones you see today, but a ram’s horn. Four distinct sounds, or calls, were made with it. The first one is called Tekiah, the Blast, and means Awake and to Praise God with the Tekiah, Number 10:3. The next one is called the Shevarim, three blasts, meaning Broken, as in True Repentance, Broken before God, Numbers 10:5. The third one is called Teruah and means Alarm, Numbers 10:9. The sound is intended to alert the hearer to danger or an event. The fourth sound is called the Tekiah haGadolah and means the Great Blast, and is to be blown until out of breath, the long blast, Exodus 19:16, 19. You can hear them here abdicate.net/shofar.mp4 . The shofar is blow 100 times. The three sounds are blown and repeated 3 times making a series of 9 blasts. This is repeated 11 times, making 99 and the end, the Great Blast, is also known as the Last Trump! The last trump is Rosh haShana, the First Trump is known as Pentecost, Great Trump is the Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) because it is when the Year of Jubilee is declared.

1 Tishri has many names:

• Rosh haShanna – Head of the Year
  • Yom Teruah – Day of Blowing
  • Yom haDin – the Day of Judgment
  • Yom haKeseh – the Hidden Day
  • Yom haKiddushin – Wedding Day
  • Yom haMelech – Day of the King
  • Yom Ziccaron Teruah – Day of Remembrance Blast
  • Opening of the Books
  • Opening of the Gates
  • Day of the Awakening Blast
  • Feast of Trumpets

Well done! 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/15/2018 at 7:04 AM, George said:

Shalom,

As I've been reviewing threads in recent weeks, it's amazing to me how fast the term -- "false teacher" and "heretic" are used to slander the brethren on "non-essentials" of the faith. 

Its true. Hananiah the false prophet wasn't treated that way by Prophet Jeremiah.

I think this forum should take up a policy that allows god to judge these people, not us.

Edited by Archangel Thyos

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 9/24/2018 at 8:29 PM, iamlamad said:

You imagine John wrote "“Come up here, and I will show you ONLY what must happen after these things.”  You see, John did not put an ONLY in that sentence.

The standard interpretation of Rev. 2-3, which you obviously reject, is that the 7 historical churches were also to be types and shadows of seven church ages, ending with the fat and self-content Laodicean Church Age; being our present day.

Rev. 1:19 “Write [1] the things which you have seen,

[2] and the things which are,

[3] and the things which will take place after these things."

[1] The things which John had seen:  Rev. 1:20 “The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches."

[2] The things "which are" at the time of John's vision: Rev. 2-3: the state of the 7 churches.

[3] The things which will take place after these things:   Rev. 4:1 and following. Nothing in the text indicates that anything John saw after Rev. 4:1 spoke of anything else but the Latter Days. Your so-called revelation of Jesus Christ notwithstanding.

On 9/20/2018 at 3:06 PM, iamlamad said:

Some moment in time, around 32 AD,  Jesus rises, raises the elders, then within hours ascends, and John, looking back in time saw that moment Jesus entered the throne room.

Nothing in rev. 4-5 says that John was "looking back in time." It is your entirely-unsubstantiated word.

On 9/24/2018 at 8:29 PM, iamlamad said:

William, answer these questions, since you doubt my words:

[1] WHY was Jesus not seen immediately in chapter 4, as John was looking into the throne room? It was 95 AD and Jesus had ascended many years previous. There are at least a dozen verses telling us Jesus should be at the right hand of the Father - yet He was not. John did not see Him because He was NOT at the right hand of the Father. WHY, William, WHY was Jesus not there?

[2] John watched a search for one worthy to break the seals - but that search ended in failure and John wept much because "no man was found." WHY William? WHY was "no man found?"

[3] If you look in chapter 4, the Holy Spirit was there in the throne room  - as the 7 spirits of God. But Jesus said He would send Him down as soon as He, Jesus, ascended. Why, William, was the Holy Spirit still there in chapter 4, but sent down in chapter 5?

[1]  Ps. 110:1 The LORD said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
Until I place Your enemies as a stool for your feet.”

Jesus was to sit at the right hand of God, as Steven in fact did see, UNTIL the time when his enemies were to be placed at his feet. Which debasing of His enemies commences when Jesus comes before the throne to receive authority from God via the scroll given to him in Rev. 5. This is why Jesus was no longer seen sitting at the right hand of the Father, because the Father commences Judgment in Rev. 4. This is the same judgment that was seen by Daniel in Dan. 7, when Daniel also saw 'one like the Son of Man brought near before God to be given dominion and glory and a kingdom..." Dan. 7:13-14

Jesus cannot be seen at the right hand of God and coming before His face at the same time. The latter is what takes place only in the End Times: this tells us when Rev. 4-5 takes place.

[2] But a Man was found, as Rev. 5 explicitly tells us. Jesus. The transition from the Age of Grace into the Age of Judgment is the subject of Rev. 4-5.

[3] Who told you that THE Holy Spirit is not One, but 7 spirits?  Another one of your unsubstantiated revelations from "Jesus"?

People pop up from time to time on this forum who claim to have special revelation from Jesus or God. But when those "revelations" do not find Scriptural support, then all we have is a single unsubstantiated witness. In this case, you. 

Edited by WilliamL

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

The standard interpretation of Rev. 2-3, which you obviously reject, is that the 7 historical churches were also to be types and shadows of seven church ages, ending with the fat and self-content Laodicean Church Age; being our present day.

Rev. 1:19 “Write [1] the things which you have seen,

[2] and the things which are,

[3] and the things which will take place after these things."

[1] The things which John had seen:  Rev. 1:20 “The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches."

[2] The things "which are" at the time of John's vision: Rev. 2-3: the state of the 7 churches.

[3] The things which will take place after these things:   Rev. 4:1 and following. Nothing in the text indicates that anything John saw after Rev. 4:1 spoke of anything else but the Latter Days. Your so-called revelation of Jesus Christ notwithstanding.

Nothing in rev. 4-5 says that John was "looking back in time." It is your entirely-unsubstantiated word.

[1]  Ps. 110:1 The LORD said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
Until I place Your enemies as a stool for your feet.”

Jesus was to sit at the right hand of God, as Steven in fact did see, UNTIL the time when his enemies were to be placed at his feet. Which debasing of His enemies commences when Jesus comes before the throne to receive authority from God via the scroll given to him in Rev. 5. This is why Jesus was no longer seen sitting at the right hand of the Father, because the Father commences Judgment in Rev. 4. This is the same judgment that was seen by Daniel in Dan. 7, when Daniel also saw 'one like the Son of Man brought near before God to be given dominion and glory and a kingdom..." Dan. 7:13-14

Jesus cannot be seen at the right hand of God and coming before His face at the same time. The latter is what takes place only in the End Times: this tells us when Rev. 4-5 takes place.

[2] But a Man was found, as Rev. 5 explicitly tells us. Jesus. The transition from the Age of Grace into the Age of Judgment is the subject of Rev. 4-5.

[3] Who told you that THE Holy Spirit is not One, but 7 spirits?  Another one of your unsubstantiated revelations from "Jesus"?

People pop up from time to time on this forum who claim to have special revelation from Jesus or God. But when those "revelations" do not find Scriptural support, then all we have is a single unsubstantiated witness. In this case, you. 

Your first point above with the 1, 2, and 3: that is one way to think about it, but it is obviously not the way God thinks about it. He did not say ONLY things future, wish left Him well able to include historic events if He chose to - which He did. 

That you can't SEE historic events is on you, not on God. When do you suppose Satan took 1/3 of the angels with him?  Out of time for now

3 hours ago, WilliamL said:
  On 9/20/2018 at 4:06 PM, iamlamad said:  Some moment in time, around 32 AD,  Jesus rises, raises the elders, then within hours ascends, and John, looking back in time saw that moment Jesus entered the throne room.

Let's let scripture settle this issue.  

John saw this vision in 95 AD. One would think then, that if she saw the throne room, it would be the throne room of 95 AD. But it seems John did not see the throne room  but rather a VISION of the throne room. We will allow the TEXT to determine the time.

Notice when John  first saw into this throne room, He saw the throne and Father God on the throne, he saw the 4 Beasts and the 24 elders. But he did NOT see Jesus at the right hand of the father. We have a dozen verses telling us that is where He SHOULD be in 95 AD. 

Jesus' words to me:  

“When John first saw into the throne room, why didn’t he immediately see Me at the right hand of the Father? There are many scriptures that say  that is where I should be. Stephen saw Me at the right hand of the Father years before John saw this vision.”

Notice carefully, this is Jesus Christ, the head of the church speaking to me. It is a very good question. The truth is, Jesus was NOT IN the throne room. If He was, John would have seen Him and wrote about Him being there. 

So we have a problem: a vision seen in 95 AD and a throne room where Jesus was NOT. 

If we look at all time, and "time" before time existed, and "time" after time exists - there was only a tiny portion of time where Jesus or the second person of the Godhead was NOT at the right hand of the Father - and that was the 32 years He was on the earth. He laid aside His Godly attribute of being able to be at different places at the same time. When He took on the flesh of humans, He could only be ONE PLACE at one time, and HE CHOSE to come to earth. Therefore now we know, having just seen John's look into the throne room, that it MUST BE during His 32 years on earth.

Next, Jesus ask me this question:

2. “Why did the first search that John watched to find one worthy to break the seals, end in failure? If you read ahead, you see that I was found worthy. Why was I not found worthy at the first search? John wept because that search ended in failure.”

Again. Jesus, the Head of the church spoke.  Again He asked a question i could not at that time answer.  What was it that allowed Jesus to be found worthy later? 

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Notice that Jesus had to become the Redeemer. 

Hebrews 9:11-12
"But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; Not with the blood of goats and calves, BUT WITH HIS OWN BLOOD HE ENTERED IN ONCE INTO THE HOLY PLACE, HAVING OBTAINED ETERNAL REDEMPTION FOR US."

Jesus had to raise from the dead before redemption was complete.  So WHY did this first search for one worthy end in failure? It is simple: He had not yet risen from the dead. It is still on the 32 years He was on earth, and we still cannot pinpoint the time except He had not yet risen. So He was not found worthy because He had not yet risen from the dead.

Again Jesus asked a question.

3. "If you look in chapter 4, the Holy Spirit was seen in the throne room. Why was the Holy Spirit still in the throne room in chapter 4, when I said I would send Him down as soon as I ascended?”

Again I could not at that time answer. The answer is SO EASY once you know the answer. 

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

The answer is, Jesus had not yet ascended in chaper 4! He ascends in chapter 5, some time AFTER chapter 4. Therefore we notice that there is MOVEMENT OF TIME in these chapters.  Also notice the very moment He ascended He sent the Holy Spirit down. 

The truth then is, EVERYTHING in these two chapters shows us John was seeing back in time. And we get this straight from the written word of God. No twisting, no turning, no eisegesis: just the plain world of God correctly understood. 

The truth then, we see TIMING here and we see the MOVEMENT OF TIME in these two chapters. The TIME is pinpointed to the exact time Jesus ascended. 

There is more to the story. I could not find the answers to these questions - though I studied very diligently. I bugged God about it for maybe three weeks, and finally He spoke again.  "Turn to chapter 12." I did not want to turn to chapter 12! I wanted the answers to these questions in chapters 4 & 5! But I was obedient. When I got my bible turned to chapter 12, He spoke again:

Chapter 12 was Me introducing John to the Dragon, and in particular what the Dragon would be doing in the last half of the week. Count how many times the Dragon is mentioned, including pronouns.”

So I counted, 32 times. I replied, “I see that this chapter is about the dragon. I counted 32 times.” 

He spoke again.

“I also chose to show John how the dragon attempted to kill me as a child. Those first five verses were a ‘history lesson’ for John.”

I meditated on those words for a while, just thinking "History lesson." I  understood that those first five verses was to show how Satan had used King Herod to attempt to kill Jesus as a small child.  As I sat thinking about it, He then said I could go back to chapters 4 & 5. So I did. And within another few minutes I had the answer to all three of His questions.  It was a vision of the past. It all made perfect sense. 

I know many people don't see 12:1-5 as talking about Jesus' birth. However, I will take Jesus' word over their theories. 

I also know many will disagree with the Head of the Church about these three questions and the answers. I know they will assume it was not Jesus that spoke to me.  Well, Paul TOLD US to judge. It is everyone's right to judge. However, before you come to a conclusion, note carefully that with the written text, this very well COULD BE the only answer to His three questions. 

I might also add, if someone wishes to come up with another answer to these three questions, write them out and we wall all judge them.

Yes, I will agree someone WAS found, but that was in a LATER search after TIME had moved on. HIS point was that He was not found in the FIRST search John watched. I think we can all agree that search ended in failure and that is why John wept. 

I will submit, God's PURPOSE in showing us these two chapters was to establish the TIMING of the first seal.  He KNEW (knowing all things) that people in the later days would try and make the first seal into the Antichrist - when HIS PLAN was that He opened that first seal as soon as He ascended. 

WHO told me? Jesus, the head of the church told me! But then, did you notice these words?

"...having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God."

Did you all know that the Holy Spirit is really seven Spirits and they can be seen as seven horns and seven eyes? Well, this is the way JOHN saw the Holy Spirit. Actually Isaiah 11:2 gives us a hint of this. 

I also know I have opened myself up for criticism. People who THINK they know, when they really don't will not see this as truth. That is OK. Paul told His vision to kings! Paul wrote that "You can all prophecy one by one!"  Then Paul said to let the others judge. 

4 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Occasionally people DO hear from God. After all, Jesus said, "My sheep know my voice and they follow me." Are you one of His sheep?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

While John did see the throne room in roughly 95AD when He got the Revelation of Yeshua, that doesn't mean he was seeing the throne room of literal 95AD.  When he was given the Revelation of Jesus in 95AD, he also saw the two witnesses, the new heaven and the new earth, and all the other details.  

The point is, in Revelation 4:1, it clearly states "after these things"  that he was shown what would come "after this".   Simple, basic grammatical structure suggests that "after these things" and "after this" has to refer to the "things" that preceded Chapter 4, namely, the Churches.   Just from the textual evidence, one can only conclude that the view John saw in Chapter 4 was of the time after the Churches.  Which when combined with what the 24 Elders say of themselves in Chapter 5, it implies the Church is in heaven at the time John is seeing.

And we went around about this before.  John did not see Yeshua as a man, but as the lamb as it had been slain.  And just because he didn't mention seeing Yeshua sitting at the right hand of God, is not support for some assertion that Yeshua wasn't there.  One cannot legitimately base a position in the absence of evidence.  John concentrated most of his efforts on describing the throne of God.   Just because he didn't mention Yeshua sitting at the Father's right hand does not prove He wasn't there. As was mentioned, Stephen saw Yeshua sitting at the right hand of the Father (Acts 7) long before John got the Revelation, as a matter of fact, just a short time after Yeshua had returned to the Father.  Likewise, though the text doesn't say it specifically, I think that Paul had the same experience on the road to Damascus, and that experience was expounded upon a little in 2 Corinthians 14.  But that is just speculation on my part.

On 10/1/2018 at 6:37 PM, iamlamad said:

Occasionally people DO hear from God. After all, Jesus said, "My sheep know my voice and they follow me." Are you one of His sheep?

But what is the standard to prove what one hears and who it is from?  The Bible, as per 1 John 4:1.  You know... the same guy who was given the Revelation of Yeshua.

But also, YHVH is very consistent in how scripture is laid out.  He tends to follow similar patterns (especially in regards to prophecy), use idioms that maintain a similar meaning throughout scripture (principle of expositional constancy), follows high standards of grammatical structure, and legal logic that would stand up in a courtroom (ask any number of lawyers that are also Christian Apologists).   And He requires in the Torah than no matter can be established except by the testimony of two or more witnesses.  We have those two witnesses.  The OT and the NT.  Something must have good support in both for it to be considered valid.  The example of the Bereans affirms this, and was commended by the Holy Spirit.  They had the presentation of the Paul (who's writings are a major portion of the NT) and they searched the scriptures (OT) daily to see if what Paul taught them was true.  Any doctrine one gleans from the NT must be supported in the OT.  Only those things that are called "mysteries" in the NT are exempt, as "mystery" in the context of scripture means something that has not been revealed previously.

So anything "word of knowledge" or any other sort of "hearing His voice", must be supported in the entirety of scripture, both OT and NT.  For there is no private interpretation of prophecy in scripture., per Peter.  It must be confirmed in scripture and from both sections... OT and NT, per the example of the Bereans and the requirement of the Torah.

But also keep in mind that... if someone claimed a prophecy that didn't come to pass, that person was to be taken outside the city gates and stoned to death according to the Torah.  There is a very high standard.  100% accuracy and fulfillment.  

Edited by OldCoot
Spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1