• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Hey, it was the ‘He’ in his..... er....her... handle that got me. My sincerely apologies. :)

Gids

Yea, yea, yea, excuses, excuses!  Lol  :)

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

16 hours ago, Gideon said:

Hey, it was the ‘He’ in his..... er....her... handle that got me. My sincerely apologies. :)

Gids

No worries guys!  I didn't mean to make a federal case out of it. :)  I know there is neither male nor female in the kingdom, but male and female created He them, so for the purposes of this life I'm a she, and didn't want to be here under false pretences.  :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

No worries guys!  I didn't mean to make a federal case out of it. :)  I know there is neither male nor female in the kingdom, but male and female created He them, so for the purposes of this life I'm a she, and didn't want to be here under false pretences.  :)

Either way, you have shown some great wisdom and I can sense the Lord in you. 

Thanks for your input. 

Gids

• Praise God! 1

3 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Oh please make a federal case out of it! I thought it was great.  Any time I can toss some grief, trouble, or good will, in Gids direction, I’m all on board! I mean, somebody  has to push him into Jesus! :)

(Aren’t friends like me priceless)  LOL. :)

love you @Gideon

much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, naominash said:

Last night, I my church small group leader showed me Romans 9:14-24 and I thought of you.

What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be! 15 For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” 16 So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I raised you up, to demonstrate My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed[k]throughout the whole earth.” 18 So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.

19 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?” 20 On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it? 21 Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel [l]for honorable use and another [m]for common use? 22 [n]What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction? 23 And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory, 24 even us, whom He also called, not from among Jews only, but also from among Gentiles.

If I am an object of mercy, than that is a lot more solid perspective on what my true nature is than my perspective. If I am made an object of mercy so that God can demonstrate His love, than I can say to sin, "You have no real power on me."

Thank you for your sharing. I always find then valuable. I have to share a funny story of how the Lord always works to make sure we have what we need to grow up into Him. Last night, I was reading and watching our adopted two year old and all of a sudden I was bonked on the head. Gavin had crawled up on my little library and picked out a book just for me, lol. 

I had bought it over ten years ago but never had read it. I opened it and in the middle of the book, my eyes fell on these words.:

“The moment you come to realize that only God can make a man godly, you are left with no option but to find God, and to know God and to let God be God in you and through you.

Beware lest even as a Christian, you fall into satan’s trap. You may have found and come to know God in the Lord Jesus Christ, receiving Him sincerely as your redeemer, yet if you do not enter into th mystery of Godliness, and allow God to BE in you the origin of His own image, you will seek to be Godly by submitting yourself to external rules and regulations, and by conforming to behavior patterns imposed upon you by the particular Christian society that you have chosen and hope to be found “acceptable”. You will in this way perpetuate the pagan habit of practicing religion in the energy of the flesh, and in the very pursuit of righteousness, commit idolatry in honoring “Christianity” more than Christ.”

Needless to say, that got my attention. LOL. It was written by a Major Ian Thomas. I will get you the title. You can buy it on Amazon for $4.04. The entire book is about the necessity of letting Christ live through us to make us godly and fulfill our purpose of fellowshipping God. 

So as I have shared often, if one is seeking God, even in their weakness, God will move mountains (Or even bonk us with books from Heaven, lol), to make sure we have all we need to grow up into Him in all things. :)

blessings,

Gids

7 hours ago, naominash said:

Last night, I my church small group leader showed me Romans 9:14-24 and I thought of you.

What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be! 15 For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” 16 So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I raised you up, to demonstrate My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed[k]throughout the whole earth.” 18 So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.

19 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?” 20 On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it? 21 Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel [l]for honorable use and another [m]for common use? 22 [n]What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction? 23 And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory, 24 even us, whom He also called, not from among Jews only, but also from among Gentiles.

If I am an object of mercy, than that is a lot more solid perspective on what my true nature is than my perspective. If I am made an object of mercy so that God can demonstrate His love, than I can say to sin, "You have no real power on me."

Thank you for your sharings. I always find them valuable. I have to share a funny story of how the Lord always works to make sure we have what we need to grow up into Him. Last night, I was reading and watching our adopted two year old and all of a sudden I was bonked on the head. Gavin had crawled up on my little library and picked out a book just for me, lol. 

I had bought it over ten years ago but never had read it. I opened it and in the middle of the book, my eyes fell on these words.:

“The moment you come to realize that only God can make a man godly, you are left with no option but to find God, and to know God and to let God be God in you and through you.

Beware lest even as a Christian, you fall into satan’s trap. You may have found and come to know God in the Lord Jesus Christ, receiving Him sincerely as your redeemer, yet if you do not enter into th mystery of Godliness, and allow God to BE in you the origin of His own image, you will seek to be Godly by submitting yourself to external rules and regulations, and by conforming to behavior patterns imposed upon you by the particular Christian society that you have chosen and hope to be found “acceptable”. You will in this way perpetuate the pagan habit of practicing religion in the energy of the flesh, and in the very pursuit of righteousness, commit idolatry in honoring “Christianity” more than Christ.”

Needless to say, that got my attention. LOL. It was written by a Major Ian Thomas. I will get you the title. You can buy it on Amazon for $4.04. The entire book is about the necessity of letting Christ live through us to make us godly and fulfill our purpose of fellowshipping God. 

So as I have shared often, if one is seeking God, even in their weakness, God will move mountains (Or even bonk us with books from Heaven, lol), to make sure we have all we need to grow up into Him in all things. :)

blessings,

Gids

Edited by Gideon

3 hours ago, naominash said:

Gideon, what do you mean by the mystery of Godliness?

This is an excellent question. Let me see if I can give a satisfactory reply. 

First off, I have  seen here several times good and godly men accused or at the minimum inferred to be “Christian mystics”, so before we go any further, let’s dispel that notion altogether. The word “mystery” is found 27 times in the New Testament, and the verse referring to “the mystery of godliness”is found in 1Timothy 3:16. Here it is:

”And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1 Timothy 3:16 

The word according to Strong’s Concordance simply means “a hidden or secret thing, not obvious to the understanding,” Interestly, that word is not found once in the Old Testament, for most of the mysteries spoken of were hidden to those who were under the old covenant, waiting to be revealed with the death and resurrection of Christ. 

Let me make sure you understand, in my posts, I was sharing a quote by Major Ian Thomas who made the reference. So what was he referring to? As I have the benefit of having now read a good portion of his book, it is not a mystery what he was referring to. And that is found in this verse:

”To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:”

Colossians 1:27

So is this a mystery to us? Ir certainly shouldn’t be, but the church by and large is not walking in Revelation  knowledge... yet. It is this coming to an understanding that I refer to as our “awakening” and it is going on right now, slowly at first, but with ever increasing power and joy. 

What is being referred to here is a truth we possess but as of yet, it does not possess us.  When we are told that we ar dead and our life is hid with Christ in God, our minds memorize that as an important “truth” but we do not yet know it as “our truth”. 

When Paul said that he was crucified with Christ, yet he lived, yet not him, but Christ now lived inside him, we have an understanding that this again is an important truth so we memorize the verse. But to have that mystery in its fullness opened to us, we must finally get to the point we see our “self”,  our old nature as worthy only of death. It is only then that we are finally ready to have our eyes and hearts opened to the mystery... Christ in us. Not with us.... but IN US! That is how we walk in victory! 

We struggle with the promise that God tells us that He will actually “cause us” to walk as obedient children. We do not see how that is possible. We are humans, living here in an evil world. And He is in Heaven, sitting at the right hand of the Father. But when we finally understand that the old us really did die, we finally see how far we have not ever understood the mystery. We have spent years... for me decades.... trying to kill something that is already dead! We do not need harder effort. We need greater faith!

And when we finally acknowledge this mystery, that we really are new creatures, which is Christ united with us in our bodies, we discover all those amazing promises that are meant for us to walk victoriously in this life. ... are ours! 

With willful sins finally done away, with  the rebel inside us finally slain, with our ‘self’ that refused to bow the knee to God in all things finally removed from the equation, we discover that overcoming and walking in victory over the world, the flesh and the devil is our birthright, no matter how wicked our flesh has been, no matter how weak our faith may be.  

We are told that in the last days, His people will walk as overcomers when they finally combine the blood of the lamb with......what? ....the words of their testimony! It is this mystery that we are having our eyes opened to in thses last days. The mystery of Godliness! 

I pray this helps. Blessings to you, Naomi

Gideon

Edited by Gideon
  • This is Worthy 1

@Gideon

commit idolatry in honoring “Christianity” more than Christ.”

Me likes this! 

Short, simple, and to the point. 

Edit; I was unaware that the word mystery was not used in the Old Testament. Interesting???  

Something to chew on.  :)

Edit again; I ordered the book. Let you know my thoughts. What you shared, I’m impressed by. :)

Edited by Not me

46 minutes ago, Not me said:

@Gideon

Me likes this! 

Short, simple, and to the point. 

Edit; I was unaware that the word mystery was not used in the Old Testament. Interesting???  

Something to chew on.  :)

Edit again; I ordered the book. Let you know my thoughts. What you shared, I’m impressed by. :)

For those not aware of the book spoken of, it was authored by Major Ian Thomas and is titled The Saving Grace of Christ and The Mystery of Godliness. .It is two books combined. He died in 2007 at the age of 94. 

Blessings to all, 

Gideon

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/21/2018 at 9:04 PM, Gideon said:

For those not aware of the book spoken of, it was authored by Major Ian Thomas and is titled The Saving Grace of Christ and The Mystery of Godliness. .It is two books combined. He died in 2007 at the age of 94. 

Blessings to all, 

Gideon

That was quick, just got word from the house the book arrived. Got something to chow down  on now! 

Much love and many thanks, Not me