JoeCanada

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

The 7 Sealed Scroll

" I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a book written inside and on the back, sealed up with seven seals."...... Rev 5:1

So what do we know about the 7 Sealed Scroll? Let's look at some clues:

- The scroll is written on both sides........Rev 5:1

- The scroll is sealed with 7 seals........Rev 5:1

- John cries when no-one is worthy to open the scroll......Rev 5:4

- Jesus is found worthy to open the scroll....... Rev 5:9

Is the Book of Daniel sealed? ( Dan 12:1-4 )......  1  And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2  And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
3  And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
4  But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

The use of the definitive article 'the' in both instances. only a few verses apart. must refer to the same book. Because the book of Daniel does NOT contain the names of the righteous who will be resurrected. is this proof that the Book of Daniel is not sealed.???????

Could the BOOK that is sealed in Daniel be the Book of Life?.......

We see in Psalm 69:28....."28  Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

We see in Psalm 139:16........"And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.

We see in Phil 4:3....." 3   and with other my fellow labourers, whose names are in the book of life.

We see in Rev 20:12....'12  And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

When we look at the Throne in Heaven Vision  in Dan 7, we see that a court is seated, books are opened, and a judgment rendered during Daniels 70th week. Because Gods judgment is immutable, we know without question that the Book of Life must also be opened at that time as well. The Book of Life cannot only be opened a thousand years after Christ's return, it must also be opened prior to the Resurrection and Rapture. Anytime souls are judged, it must be opened. It is the only way under Gods unchanging system of justice that He determines who the righteous are.

I don't believe that this is all that the 7 sealed scroll contains. There are a few more things. But for now......

So here is my question: If the Seven Sealed Scroll has all the names of the righteous, and the scroll must be unsealed to reveal them, then how could there possibly be a pre-tribulation Rapture? Does pre-trib not believe that the church is raptured before the 7 yr trib?......which can only begin with the unsealing of the scroll?.........and yet, the scroll has to be unsealed before the names are revealed.......... 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

Revelation

20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

The only people judged here are the dead according to their works

All will be sent to the Lord's lake of fire

So how do you say that there will be no pre-tribulation rapture based upon your idea 

Edited by Daniel 11:36

1 hour ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

So how do you say that there will be no pre-tribulation rapture based upon your idea 

No..... my question is this......

If the Seven Sealed Scroll has all the names of the righteous, and the scroll must be unsealed to reveal them, then how could there possibly be a pre-tribulation Rapture? Does pre-trib not believe that the church is raptured before the 7 yr trib?......which can only begin with the unsealing of the scroll?.........and yet, the scroll has to be unsealed before the names are revealed.......... 

I'm asking those who propose a pre-trib rapture to explain this.  If the 7 sealed scroll contains within it the book of life, and that this book needs to be opened in order to reveal the names of the righteous, and this book is sealed with the seven seals of the scroll, then how does one have a pre-trib rapture before this scroll is unsealed?

Can you explain please......

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

Just so I understand; are you equating the book of life to the book Daniel was told to seal?

"I'm asking those who propose a pre-trib rapture to explain this.  If the 7 sealed scroll contains within it the book of life, and that this book needs to be opened in order to reveal the names of the righteous, and this book is sealed with the seven seals of the scroll, then how does one have a pre-trib rapture before this scroll is unsealed?"

Tell me where scripture it says that the 7 sealed scroll contains within it the book of life

Edited by Daniel 11:36

6 hours ago, Diaste said:

Just so I understand; are you equating the book of life to the book Daniel was told to seal?

2 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

Tell me where scripture it says that the 7 sealed scroll contains within it the book of life

Diaste......

It is a symbolic sealing. Both Ezekiel and John were each asked to "symbolically eat" the 7 sealed scroll. The Angel Gabriel gave Daniel the the first completely chronological account of events which culminate with the Resurrection and Rapture. He was asked to symbolically place the events as Seals on the Scroll to be opened at the SUNTELLIA....( THE TIME OF THE END) Once the events take place and all the Seals are removed from the Scroll. it will open to reveal the names of the righteous.

Daniel 11:36.......

" I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a book written inside and on the back, sealed up with seven seals."...... Rev 5:1

9I beheld until the thrones were set, and the Ancient of days sat; and his raiment was white as snow, and the hair of his head, as pure wool: his throne was a flame of fire, and his wheels burning fire.10A stream of fire rushed forth before him: thousand thousands ministered to him, and ten thousands of myriads, attended upon him: the judgment sat, and the books were opened...... Dan 7:9-10

So anytime that there is judgement of souls, we know that the books are opened. When we look at the Throne in Heaven Vision  in Dan 7, we see that a court is seated, books are opened, and a judgment rendered during Daniels 70th week. Because Gods judgment is immutable, we know without question that the Book of Life must also be opened at that time as well. The Book of Life cannot only be opened a thousand years after Christ's return, it must also be opened prior to the Resurrection and Rapture. Anytime souls are judged, it must be opened. It is the only way under Gods unchanging system of justice that He determines who the righteous are.

This judgment is rendered during Daniels 70th week.

The Seven Sealed Scroll contains the Book of Life.

It also contains Lamentations, Mourning and Woe.

It also contains Man's Inheritance......the Title Deed to the Earth

Daniel 11:36.......You keep avoiding my question .....

I'm asking those who propose a pre-trib rapture to explain this.  If the 7 sealed scroll contains within it the book of life, and that this book needs to be opened in order to reveal the names of the righteous, and this book is sealed with the seven seals of the scroll, then how does one have a pre-trib rapture before this scroll is unsealed?

Can you explain please......

I'm asking those who propose a pre-trib rapture to explain this.  If the 7 sealed scroll contains within it the book of life, and that this book needs to be opened in order to reveal the names of the righteous, and this book is sealed with the seven seals of the scroll

The 7 sealed scroll does not contain the book of life

13 minutes ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

I'm asking those who propose a pre-trib rapture to explain this.  If the 7 sealed scroll contains within it the book of life, and that this book needs to be opened in order to reveal the names of the righteous, and this book is sealed with the seven seals of the scroll

The 7 sealed scroll does not contain the book of life

Then what is in the 7 sealed scroll.????????? 

We  already know that it is a book......"" I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a book written inside and on the back, sealed up with seven seals."...... Rev 5:1

We know that in the 70 week prophecy in Daniel, that the "thrones were set, and the Ancient of Days sat, thousands times ten thousands of angels attended, judgment sat, and the Books were opened"...............So here we know that Judgment begins.

Again............ We see in Rev 20:12....'12  And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

And again.......In Daniel 12 we see................And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2  And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
3  And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
4  But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

So anytime that there is judgement of souls, we know that the books are opened. When we look at the Throne in Heaven Vision  in Dan 7, we see that a court is seated, books are opened, and a judgment rendered during Daniels 70th week. Because Gods judgment is immutable, we know without question that the Book of Life must also be opened at that time as well. The Book of Life cannot only be opened a thousand years after Christ's return, it must also be opened prior to the Resurrection and Rapture. Anytime souls are judged, it must be opened. It is the only way under Gods unchanging system of justice that He determines who the righteous are.

I have provided scriptural support showing that the 7 sealed scroll does indeed contain the Book of Life. How else could God's judgment take place?

And your answer is....."  The 7 sealed scroll does not contain the book of life "

So what does the 7 sealed scroll contain???????

What it says .... and there is no mention of the book of life in either Revelation 4 or 5

Not only that but the church of today is already in heaven with the Lord at the time [Revelation 5:11; 7:9-17] 

Suggest that you stop your corruption and read your Bible

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/21/1958

I am not sure if it is accurate to say that the book of life is contained within the 7 sealed scroll or not. But if the 7th seal opens the 7 trumpets, and the 7th trumpet opens the 7 vials, then you might be able to make the case that the book of life is opened concurrent to these seals/trumpets/vials.  In either case JoeCanada and Dapupper's posts do deserve more than automatic gainsaying.  I think you two made a unique case worthy of further consideration.  This is exactly the kind of discussion I was hoping to find on this site!